TheCentaur
    TheCentaur's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 68

I think I would rather watch the Seatlle Sounders or Aberdeen F.C. play than Spain

It's not beautiful it's boring and cautious. Who's with me?

showtiime
    Update your status
    showtiime's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5853

it's incredibly frustrating to watch when you wager against them, yes.

don't tell me you make that mistake centaur!

CanuckG
    CanuckG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 584

Sounders

zoo youk
    zoo youk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1197

i am on spain and this is so gd boring

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7624

Spain defend pretty deep with numbers for a team with so much talent.

Trident
    Update your status
    Trident's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2791

You ever watch the Portland Timbers play.

yahoonino
    yahoonino's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1449

italy is the team to wach,,,very entertaning

benrama
    benrama's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

Yep I'm with you - even the Spanish public is starting to turn against them - wasting 90% of a game dinking around passes does not an exciting game make

aznbluff
    Update your status
    aznbluff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 722

It's not that they pass too much, sure passing is a nice skill that can be nice to watch, but it's which passes they make. Half the time they pass to a guy semi-covered who you just know has zero options but to pass it back to the original passer immediately. Seriously, this pass does absolutely nothing at all and is just a waste of everyone's time. Even worse, after that pass is made back to the original passer, half the time he goes back to the exact same guy, who then has to give it back again. What the **** is the point of that pass? It doesn't open up any room anywhere, it's literally the most useless play you can make in that situation.

TheCentaur

omg 2 shots on goal in 30 seconds!

easyliving
    easyliving's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11

I'd rather watch the Mets hammer the Cubbies. back to back 6 run innings that what im talkin about

SBR Chris
    SBR Chris's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by TheCentaur View Post
    It's not beautiful it's boring and cautious. Who's with me?
    Take it you haven't seen Aberdeen play lately

TheCentaur

One of the worst big soccer matches I've ever seen

pellumb341
    pellumb341's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6018

totally agree, one of the worst match i have ever seen , they were playing like amateurs ... so wagered no goal at half time ,it was a lock .

CanuckG
    CanuckG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 584

Quote Originally Posted by pellumb341 View Post
    totally agree, one of the worst match i have ever seen , they were playing like amateurs ... so wagered no goal at half time ,it was a lock .
    ????

Robber
    Robber's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 92737

These games are terrible

Le_Donk
    In the Zone
    Le_Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1080

its called effective

RubberKettle
    RubberKettle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 791

Spain controlling Europe through possession and passing.

Pretty boring. Was rooting for Portugal, they must be gutted.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Spain is incontrovertibly the best passing team in the history of soccer. They've been doing it for about 5 years now. They seem to control the pace in every game.

Spain needs a real challenge to threaten them, an offensive oriented team like Germany could make them play more desperately. Italy will be no challenge for the Spanish.

OGUCCI-SBR
    Bizness
    OGUCCI-SBR's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 557

I think I would rather watch the Seatlle Sounders or Aberdeen F.C. play than Spain

I totally agree.

Not talkin about who's better or the level of play.

latinrus
    Pats, Pats, Pats
    latinrus's Avatar Become A Pro!

Spain from 1st minute till 90 minute played horrible, also because Portugal had a solid defense, but Spain can do much more.

in OT Spain played much more open, like they should do!

Today even though they played always so boring, at the end they deserved to win!

But I hope Germany or Italy will kick their asses!

Especially to take Spain to earth, now seems like Spain invented football! Everyone talks of a team that has 1 WC and 2 EC. When Germany and Italy between the 2 have 11 throphies between WC and EC.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Quote Originally Posted by latinrus View Post
    Spain from 1st minute till 90 minute played horrible, also because Portugal had a solid defense, but Spain can do much more.

in OT Spain played much more open, like they should do!

Today even though they played always so boring, at the end they deserved to win!

But I hope Germany or Italy will kick their asses!

Especially to take Spain to earth, now seems like Spain invented football! Everyone talks of a team that has 1 WC and 2 EC. When Germany and Italy between the 2 have 11 throphies between WC and EC.
    Deservedly so. Not many teams can win the euro, then win the world, then are back in the finals in the euro again. I would put this Spanish team up against any German or Italian team of the past. They are even missing one of the best strikers in the world.

There comes a time for every team. Brazil has had its moments. The Germans. Italians. The French were unreal for a period when they had Zidanne and Henry in their primes among others. 1 team is not gonna dominate international soccer forever.

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

Soccer has become pretty boring. It was the beautiful game with three forwards, including two very technical wing players that could get by their defender and get in a cross. Defenses figured out they didn't have to play those wingers one on one, but could sent two or three guys over to pin him down against the side line. It doesn't matter that this leaves other players open, because by the time the ball finds it way to those open players on the other side the defense had already adjusted. That's the main thing that killed the beautiful game. The other, more recent thing is the ball. This lightweight ball doesn't 'listen' as normal balls do. It doesn't curve as well, and it continues to rise when it should be dipping. That's why every shot from distance flies over the bar, and why there is such a high percentage of goals from headers. This ball is not made for soccer. Every soccer player grew up playing with a real ball, and this a ball they can't adjust too, because it doesn't do what it should do. You can make it dip, for a shot from distant, but only if you shoot it softly. Any blast from distance has no chance of going in.

pellumb341
    pellumb341's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6018

Originally Posted by pellumb341totally agree, one of the worst match i have ever seen , they were playing like amateurs ... so wagered no goal at half time ,it was a lock .

????
    Did you enjoy the game ???

shots on target : portugal 0-4 spain

so... 120 minutes ,2 professional teams and they can make only 4 shots on goal ??!!

Big tournaments( Euro,World Cup) are getting more and more boring . All teams play 4-2-3-1 and they think only to defend , no one cares about the offensive .The coaches say they don't play to excite the fans,they say their only goal is to win ...

nycyellow9
    nycyellow9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 353

I can tell the threadstarter doesn't know anything about soccer... cause the Sounders are actually a very entertaining team, anyone that knows anything would watch the Sounders over Spain