will2survive
    STAY IN YO LANE!
    will2survive's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22

David Stern Won't Allow "Heat Seekers"

All of these players that want to play on the Heat and manafacture a champiosnhip can forget it. Stern isn't going to allow the league to turn upside down. It would be unwatchable.

I'm in the minority in that I thought the NBA Finals was a boring and lopsided. Need competitiveness
    Last edited by will2survive; 06-26-12 at 11:15 AM.

cleaveland
    cleaveland's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1358

If the games in the finals were called fairly the series would have gone back to OKC and the series would have been very memorable imho.

Don't blame the Heat because the NBA wanted them to win.

will2survive
    STAY IN YO LANE!
    will2survive's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22

Quote Originally Posted by cleaveland View Post
    If the games in the finals were called fairly the series would have gone back to OKC and the series would have been very memorable imho.

Don't blame the Heat because the NBA wanted them to win.

I agree with that point. Durant was fouled by LBJ and no call at the end of the game.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Can stern stop them??

convick
    convick's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3635

Quote Originally Posted by will2survive View Post
    I agree with that point. Durant was fouled by LBJ and no call at the end of the game.
    How convenient to forget Durant had already fouled out by that point.

OKC showed their true colors and got drilled because Durant is soft as a puppies head and Westbrook thinks hes the next Allen Iverson putting up 40 shots per game.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21413

As long as they play within the rules, he can't stop them. They don't have much room to maneuver though. Will Mike Miller retire and agree not take the rest of his contract? When push comes to shove, stars who can get a good contract usually don't agree to play for league minimum. Ray Allen ain't playin' for no league minimum.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Would love to see Howard go there and take a 40 year contract at lower stakes

fuk Stern

ZetaPsi808
    July 2011 Poster of the Month
    ZetaPsi808's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1982

how will david stern stop them?

lol

PickWinnerAllDay
    I'd never gamble again for Taylor Swift
    PickWinnerAllDay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

I think they should have just put in the bargaining agreement that players couldn't accept significantly less than another team is willing to pay them. Would have been best for everyone to put that kind of deal in. Not sure how the wording would work, but definitely a reasonable rule to put in to avoid this kind of Heat nonsense bullshit that is horrible for the league.

darkhat
    darkhat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2882

Stern wants the heat to succeed. Hell allow anything that can carry lebron to more rings.

jsmithj88
    jsmithj88's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by PickWinnerAllDay View Post
    I think they should have just put in the bargaining agreement that players couldn't accept significantly less than another team is willing to pay them. Would have been best for everyone to put that kind of deal in. Not sure how the wording would work, but definitely a reasonable rule to put in to avoid this kind of Heat nonsense bullshit that is horrible for the league.
    dumb idea, mite as well put an end to free agency
    if a player wants to give up cash to join a superteam, thats their choice