RyanLeafOfBets
    Team Dexter
    RyanLeafOfBets's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 191

Chase Budinger to T'Wolves for #18 pick

Not sure if anyone cares, but Budinger is going to the T'Wolves. The Rockets receive #18.

Source: ESPN

RyanLeafOfBets
    Team Dexter

The Rockets have traded Chase Budinger to the Timberwolves for the No. 18 overall pick in the 2012 NBA draft.

It's a really interesting deal for the Rockets. Houston now has picks No. 14, No. 16 and No. 18 in Thursday's draft, and it's clear that the team is loading up on assets to use in a potential trade. As for the Timberwolves, the team has now traded its first-round pick and has just Budinger to show for it. We can't say we're all that enamored with the return.

ngates815
    Hooked Nose J
    ngates815's Avatar Become A Pro!

Don't the Twolves have

Derrick Williams
    Michael Beasley
    Aren't those the 2 guys that are small 4's, but play the 3 as well.

Why the hell add Chase Budinger...

They getting rid of one of the other guys or just wanted to add a 3 pt shooter at the 3, which I'm sure they already have a guy to play there.

some shit doesn't make sense.

silvap
    silvap's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15543

Quote Originally Posted by ngates815 View Post

some shit doesn't make sense.
    Usually you find most things that dont make sense in life will have some connection to the Twolves
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: GUMMO77

ngates815
    Hooked Nose J
    ngates815's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by silvap View Post
    Usually you find most things that dont make sense in life will have some connection to the Twolves

hahaa

will2survive
    STAY IN YO LANE!
    will2survive's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22

Budinger is a good pickup. If he get's playing time, this guy can play. Very athletic and skilled. Was a good player in college with the Wildcats also. Bravo Minny

Powderguy
    Powderguy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

T-Wolves haven't made much sense for awhile now

PLA
    PLA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 787

Chase can't play D

RyanLeafOfBets
    Team Dexter

Updating this a little bit... Houston wants Dwight BAD and that's why they're targeting picks.

Still not sure what Minny's doing unless they wanna trade Beasley?

Dwight Howard won't stay in Houston after the upcoming season if traded there according to NBA.com's David Aldridge.

This is surely an agent-side report trying to manage expectations for the big man going forward. The Rockets were said to be trying to acquire two top-10 draft picks to trade for Howard, who is under contract for next season, but they'd have to have some steely resolve if they hope to change his mind at that cost. Aldridge also reported that Kevin Martin and Kyle Lowry have been dangled on the trade block, which is old news, with Martin to the Wolves gaining some traction lately.

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24866

Minnesota Sports piss me off.

samgurt
    samgurt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by PLA View Post
    Chase can't play D
    nobody could on the wolves a few years ago. Then Adelman turned it around. I'm sure he can do it again.

The wolves really need a good SG so I hope that 3-team trade happens and we get Kevin Martin here

Every other position is pretty much set. Rubio and Barea at point. Derrick Williams at SF, Love at PF, Pekovic at C with Darko backing him up (as bad as he is on offense, he's still a decent backup.) I'm sure Beasley will be part of the trade if it happens....and I really hope they get rid of Wes Johnson. So terrible.
    Last edited by samgurt; 06-26-12 at 12:37 PM.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1800

Quote Originally Posted by PLA View Post
    Chase can't play D
    Sums up most of the NBA.

samgurt

The more I think about this trade, the more I like it. Budinger shot 45% from the corner last year which is exactly where the wolves needed help cuz Wes Johnson can't make anything and that's where he takes most of his shots. Looks like they just fixed that problem.

samgurt

On a side note...4/5 of their starters are gonna be white

CMNoney
    CMNoney's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6389

Quote Originally Posted by RyanLeafOfBets View Post
    Updating this a little bit... Houston wants Dwight BAD and that's why they're targeting picks.

Still not sure what Minny's doing unless they wanna trade Beasley?

Dwight Howard won't stay in Houston after the upcoming season if traded there according to NBA.com's David Aldridge.

This is surely an agent-side report trying to manage expectations for the big man going forward. The Rockets were said to be trying to acquire two top-10 draft picks to trade for Howard, who is under contract for next season, but they'd have to have some steely resolve if they hope to change his mind at that cost. Aldridge also reported that Kevin Martin and Kyle Lowry have been dangled on the trade block, which is old news, with Martin to the Wolves gaining some traction lately.
    Beasley is a FA. From the word around here, Minnesota has no interest in re-signing him.

Budinger is an upgrade over Wes Johnson, but I think giving up the 18th pick in a deep draft, was too much for Budinger.

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Quote Originally Posted by samgurt View Post
    On a side note...4/5 of their starters are gonna be white
    Sadly, this was my first thought. They're going in a strange direction. That organization has made some odd decisions in the past years, race aside. I also apologize for the two first round busts from Syracuse.

Speedy88
    Speedy88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1636

Chase Budinger is better than any player that will be available at #18.

JM92
    JM92's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Cuse0323 View Post
    Sadly, this was my first thought. They're going in a strange direction. That organization has made some odd decisions in the past years, race aside. I also apologize for the two first round busts from Syracuse.
    Flynn was unlucky for such an athletic guy with all those injuries.. Johnson still has potential and as soon as he starts knocking shots down, the lane will open and he'll be able to take it to the rim more often and show of the decent finishing ability and explosion he showed in 'cuse. I think he need's a change of scenery though. Certainly lots of teams will gamble on a young guy like him who has potential and plays very nice D.

ChalkyDog
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.
    ChalkyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

This is an obvious indication that Beasley will be moved by the start of the season.

chargers4222
    chargers4222's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8926

talk about conjuring up a story.....this shit was on the bottom line on ESPN. right after it scrolled across, it alerted me of the breaking news that the Raptors have cleaned house in their concession stands and hired a young and fiery but talented cast of misfits to serve the masses. updates to come

samgurt

Quote Originally Posted by ChalkyDog View Post
    This is an obvious indication that Beasley will be moved by the start of the season.

He has an option in his contract this year for 8.2 million. Can either play with us or hope he gets paid more by another team which probably won't happen. I think Adelman likes him coming off the bench.

I think it is more of an indication that Wes Johnson blows and they wanted someone to start over him

Edit: That option may have been for last year. I think he is a Restricted FA this year
    Last edited by samgurt; 06-26-12 at 09:29 PM.

samgurt

JR Smith just declined his option. Wolves should pick him up, they need a SG and he would fit well. His max contract would only be 12.2M over 4 years too....that's a steal for a shooter like him

jsmithj88
    jsmithj88's Avatar Become A Pro!

most of their roster will be outside shooters
    makes sense since u have petco and love in the middle

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

JR smith is terrible. If he goes to Minn, he'll probably think he's the first option ahead of Love. He thinks he's like a top 15 player in the league, no joke.

Speedy88
    Speedy88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1636

I heard on the radio today that the wolves will heavily pursue Jamal Crawford. Also heard that The Wolves may be interested in Brandon Roy.

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

This could be history in the fukkin making I thought I would never see it again the Wolves could be the first team since the 94-95 Bullets to start 5 white guys.

Muresan
    Gugliotta
    Mclean
    Chapman
    Skiles

Reedeman
    Reedeman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 495

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy88 View Post
    I heard on the radio today that the wolves will heavily pursue Jamal Crawford. Also heard that The Wolves may be interested in Brandon Roy.
    jamal crawford is absolutely awful. JR Smith is worse.

Brandon Roy was a great player...

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Quote Originally Posted by rm18 View Post
    This could be history in the fukkin making I thought I would never see it again the Wolves could be the first team since the 94-95 Bullets to start 5 white guys.

Muresan
    Gugliotta
    Mclean
    Chapman
    Skiles
    lol no they will start 1 black at least. George Mureson. Nasty guys.

NYSportsGuy210
    NYSportsGuy210's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 131

JR Smith should have re-signed with the Knicks.

samgurt

Quote Originally Posted by NYSportsGuy210 View Post
    JR Smith should have re-signed with the Knicks.

looks like he is gonna go back there. They are just gonna give him a bigger contract