Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

Quote Originally Posted by rm18 View Post
    Canelo -600 vs. Mayweather
    No way does Oscar put his number 1 guy in the ring with Floyd anytime before 2014. The kid would get embarrassed.

Ortiz showed he has a bitch in him.

Imsmarterthanu
    Imsmarterthanu's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 293

Quote Originally Posted by Grits n' Gravy View Post

Ortiz showed he has a bitch in him.
    We all have a little bitch in us, he just let his take over that night and he's done it before against that one argentinian boxer Maidana

next up Canelo vs Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

Quote Originally Posted by Imsmarterthanu View Post
    We all have a little bitch in us, he just let his take over that night and he's done it before against that one argentinian boxer Maidana

next up Canelo vs Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
    Chavez too big right now. That fight will happen in may or sep 2013.

Imsmarterthanu

Vanes Martirosyan Good Record solid opponent

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'd go all in with my betpoints balance on Chavez.

AraiWa
    One bet away
    AraiWa's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

Quote Originally Posted by JoshB View Post
    Lol at all these armchair warriors talking crap, I'd like to see you guys fight with a broken jaw and show me how easy it is
    I fought with two broken ribs before and it sucked, especially when I got hit there. Absolute torture. But I didn't quit and never have. Ortiz is too busy living it up, thinking he's hot shit when the reality is that if he were fighting when there was only one or two titles he would have never been a champion. Guys nowadays got it alot easier. They don't fight 15 rounds, they don't fight as often, and virtually anyone who has a little money behind them can work themselves in to contention for one of the many crappy titles available.Below are three boxers who I consider to be true fighters, boxers who fight like it means something to them. Unlike Ortiz who has quit twice and given an excuse for a fight to end once.

Stanley Ketchel

Harry Greb

Jack Dempsey

Last edited by AraiWa; 06-25-12 at 10:21 PM.

hougigo
    hougigo's Avatar Become A Pro!

Vanes is a KO waiting to happen for JCC Jr.
    If that fight ever happens i'm going U 9 1/2 and Chavez Jr.
    Chavez is a huge MW, he'll smother Vanes and he almost got KO'd by a nobody.
    Yup... Chavez jr is an easy pick there

Imsmarterthanu

Quote Originally Posted by hougigo View Post
    Vanes is a KO waiting to happen for JCC Jr.
    If that fight ever happens i'm going U 9 1/2 and Chavez Jr.
    Chavez is a huge MW, he'll smother Vanes and he almost got KO'd by a nobody.
    Yup... Chavez jr is an easy pick there
    Chavez jr and Vanes already sparred and trained together Vanes claims he toys with Chavez in the gym. Vanes is just as big as Chavez will be come fight night.

DeFactoCrippler
    DEFACTO© SAVES IDIOTS AND GONZOIDS
    DeFactoCrippler's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by mv09 View Post
    Forget his past because that is irrelevant to the topic at hand..

We are talking about yesterday and IF he had a broken jaw, then its totally acceptable to throw in the towel. Your only hurting yourself further and putting your career in jeopardy. Broken Jaw is no joke.
    Of course it's relavent. It means he was a quitter before this even happened.

Even if he had a broken jaw he is still a quitter. I know people are going to say "armchair warrior" ect. but its like this. Would I jump into a burning building to save somebody I don't know? **** NO. But at the same time I'm not going sign up to be a fireman.

If I see a fireman who refused to jump into a building I would call him a coward and so would everyone else here, and it would not be questioned.

People here have already mentioned numerous fighters that continued despite having a broken jaw. Here is a female MMA fighter who got her jaw split down the middle but finished the entire fight. She was probably only getting paid a few thousand as well. Believe me, for 10 mil I would let canelo break my jaw then I'd suck his rooster for 12 rounds.

He didn't quit vs. Floyd ... I don't even see where you may have a point to be honest. Dirty as hell, absolutely .. but quit? Don't let your bias against someone or something blind you from what is actually going on.
    This shit has been discussed ad nauseam already? It's nothing new for a fighter to start to foul when they want out. Not to mention the fact he probably could have gotten up after floyd hit him with that two piece.

If a police car was parked with two cops eating donuts and someone started jumping on the hood, one could assume that person wanted to get arrested.

If an employee blatantly steals money from the register when they know the boss is looking, one could assume they wanted to get fired.

DeFactoCrippler

Quote Originally Posted by Imsmarterthanu View Post
    Chavez jr and Vanes already sparred and trained together Vanes claims he toys with Chavez in the gym. Vanes is just as big as Chavez will be come fight night.

AraiWa
    One bet away
    AraiWa's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

Quote Originally Posted by DeFactoCrippler View Post
    In the gym is a different story than in the ring on fight night. Ali used to look like shite in training because he would save himself for the fight and he knew that he was sparring to work what needed to be worked. A good sparring session isn't for two guys to beat the hell out of each other, despite what sometimes happens in gyms.

hougigo
    hougigo's Avatar Become A Pro!

Sparring and actually fighting is two different things.
    Fighters generally don't go all out during sparring. While Chavez was working on something, Vanes was probably trying to knock him out.
    JCC is too big, he's a small cruiserweight at fight night coming in a 180+.
    Plus JCC Jr has the inside edge on Freddie.... no way Roach doesn't side with JCC Jr if a fight broke down.

iQon
    iQon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 123

Referencing a fighters chances based off sparring sessions is like saying Luke Walton is the best small forward in the game because he once held Kobe to 10 points in a scrimmage.

DeFactoCrippler

Did you guys even watch the video? Vanes was in no way "toying" with Chavez. It's actully the opposite, Chavez was able to pin him against the ropes whenever he wanted, and to be honest let him go most times because they are sparring and both have to get their work in. Neither fighter was trying to knock each other out, lol.

First 12