lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7696

Quote Originally Posted by onlooker View Post
    So since the 80's were about TEAM, you don't think Lebron would hang? The best passing forward in the game today. Not disagreeing with your players listed, but just wondering why you left Lebron off the list.

Lebron would have been useless in the 80'sexcept for being a slam dunk champ. he would have been another nique.

wikkidinsane
    wikkidinsane's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

Quote Originally Posted by will2survive View Post
    Wikkid--- You're a Florida "homer". Please don't put Shaq's name into any of this. Kobe won without Shaq and Shaq declared him the greatest Laker. Wade won the 1st Heat Championship. I also have news for you because you're young. You see my avatar? Christian Laettner OWNED Shaq's ass at LSU. I remember it like it was yesterday.

I dont care about all that. SHAQ GAVE KOBE 3 OF HIS 5 CHAMPIONSHIPS. SO WITHOUT SHAQ KOBE WOULD BE SITTING ON 2

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4639

Quote Originally Posted by will2survive View Post
    No, Lebron's on the list but he would need to adjust to team play. You think Magic Johnson, Kareem, Bird, McHale would be able to integrate Lebron? Very difficult but he is a major talent. James Worthy and Lebron were different players but in essence, Lebron wouldn't be much more productive than Worthy if he was on the 80 Lakers because he need's to go solo and on the Lakers of the 80's, that wouldn't be possible. It wasn't about stats; If it was, magic Johnson would have a triple double every single game. Magic was intelligent and had to make others better. Can Lebron do that? Absolutely not.
    Really? Lebron would have a hard time adjusting to team play? A player that gets criticized for passing off to much? A player that looks to get his teammates involved in the game? A player that averages about 7 assist a game. I think he fits in good in the "TEAM" play of the 80's.

Kobe would be the one loss out of your list. He needs his 30 shots a game.

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Lebron would have been useless in the 80'sexcept for being a slam dunk champ. he would have been another nique.
    Riggght.

lakerboy

Really? Lebron would have a hard time adjusting to team play? A player that gets criticized for passing off to much? A player that looks to get his teammates involved in the game? A player that averages about 7 assist a game. I think he fits in good in the "TEAM" play of the 80's.

Kobe would be the one loss out of your list. He needs his 30 shots a game.

Riggght.
    so which team would he have"brought his talents to" in the non free agency era?

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

so which team would he have"brought his talents to" in the non free agency era?
    What does that have to do with anything Will is talking about? Unreal.

What was that about earlier, me quoting you first and so on? You quote, with a Lebron hate statement. Always.

It's cool though.

lakerboy

What does that have to do with anything Will is talking about? Unreal.

What was that about earlier, me quoting you first and so on? You quote, with a Lebron hate statement. Always.

It's cool though.
    i know it's cool.you love lebron and i dont

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

i know it's cool.you love lebron and i dont
    Love is a strong word. Like is more like it.

lakerboy

Love is a strong word. Like is more like it.
    well i dislike lebron

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

Lakerboy is in major denial!

TheLock
    TheLock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7931

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke View Post
    So wade and bosh aren't great players??

No. They're not.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Quote Originally Posted by TheLock View Post
    No. They're not.
    ahahahaha. wade one of the greatest in the world today. as quoted by the greatest in the game now kobe and lebron. he'll go down as a better player than karl malone when its all said and done.

malone choked in the finals both years. wade is 4th all time finals points per game (min 8 games)

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6892

thread seems to be pointing towards the fact that no one should be impressed about the Heat winning it all... they were supposed to win, after the Bulls were injured all they had to do was beat one team from the West.

if the young Thunder had capped it all off, beating the defending Champs (kinda) in 4... then winning vs LA impressive enough, then capping off 4 str8 vs the Spurs who had won 20 in a row and were undefeated in playoffs till that point...

fact is, if the Thunder somehow won the Finals... that would have been one of the most remarkable runs for a team ever in the playoffs. which is remarkable itself, after seeing how they lost it and lost 4 in a row themselves lol

jsmithj88
    jsmithj88's Avatar Become A Pro!

[QUOTE=will2survive;15173122]No, Lebron's on the list but he would need to adjust to team play. You think Magic Johnson, Kareem, Bird, McHale would be able to integrate Lebron? Very difficult but he is a major talent. James Worthy and Lebron were different players but in essence, Lebron wouldn't be much more productive than Worthy if he was on the 80 Lakers because he need's to go solo and on the Lakers of the 80's, that wouldn't be possible. It wasn't about stats; If it was, magic Johnson would have a triple double every single game. Magic was intelligent and had to make others better. Can Lebron do that? Absolutely not.[/QUOTE]

is this a joke? lebron james is todays version of magic johnson. he plays point forward
    he passes the ball all the time, he turned a bunch of scrubs from cavs into a title contender
    who does he make better???? u cant be serious .............

Koldazzice
    Koldazzice's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4257

well i dislike lebron

I see what u did there not using hate

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Lebron and Magic very close as of now

Lebron much more explosive

Magic had great finishers

Lebron NO

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2380

Its amazing to me that Bird got soooo many rebounds playing WITH Parish and Mchale on the court too

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Lebron and Magic very close as of now

Lebron much more explosive

Magic had great finishers

Lebron NO
    Whi were the great finishers? I'll give you worthy but who else since you said it plural? Byron Scott? Michael cooper? Magic made those guys careers. D wade would be the second best finisher if you put the two rosters together.

SlickFazzer
    SlickFazzer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2923

Bird
    Parish
    Mchale
    Johnson
    Ainge

Magic
    Scott
    Kareem
    Worthy
    Rambis

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

Bird also played with guys like Reggie Lewis, Gamble, Sherman Douglass, Derek Smith

j37hr0
    Small Time Square
    j37hr0's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 122

Shaq is a joke. Any player who misses that many ft's is garbage.
    Wilt Chamberlain missed 5805 Free Throws, is he "garbage?"

Gdog
    Gdog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 63

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Lebron would end up with 10 titles if he had their talent

Lebron is asked to do everything on his teams

Guard Best player on other team
    Run the team on offense
    Score
    Rebound
    Pass
    Lebron has talent, lacks heart.
    Bird and Magic played with the greatest players. Their era was filled with the best

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

anyone read about when Wilt sucked so bad at free throws that he would just do a quick run up and dunk from behind the foul line ala Michael Jordan and Mike Connely Sr. in dunk contests? and how the NBA had to ban this. I'd love to see one video of this

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

Quote Originally Posted by Chi_archie View Post
    anyone read about when Wilt sucked so bad at free throws that he would just do a quick run up and dunk from behind the foul line ala Michael Jordan and Mike Connely Sr. in dunk contests? and how the NBA had to ban this. I'd love to see one video of this

Are you serious?

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by Gdog View Post
    Lebron has talent, lacks heart.
    Bird and Magic played with the greatest players. Their era was filled with the best
    Not true. Who is a top 10 player from that era. Kareem, Magic, and Bird. That's it. Bird's best player on his team was McHale, arguably Parish. Neither of those guys is no where near Dwayne Wade in terms of all time ranks.

The best era in terms of basketball stars was most definitely the Jordan era, not the Magic and Bird era. This era is certaintly competing with the Jordan era as far as stars in the league go.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

wow just wow

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

Are you serious?

I think it is urban legend stuff, that grew from taking lie filled Wilt quotes and extrapolating them.....

I am serious about finding out if anyone has ever even heard of this or read about it?

Goat Milk

lol people in here didn't even watch Wilt Chamberlain.

its obvious they only look at stats and read articles.

go watch him play. he is no where near the best ever. not even close.

the stats are inflated for a reason. you would know that if you watched the games.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

Goat, can you link us to some of those vids (youtube i think) that you posted before of the early wilt era nba?

I remember doubting you before. and you posted some vids, and you were spot on.

the old NBA was a whole different game. It was true run and gun, with very alot of pure athleticism (that pales in comparsion to today's athletes) AND an inferior technique and style.....

the greats of the 50's and 60's for the most part, would not even make it on the court for big conference D1 teams of this century

Goat Milk

Yeah they should be on my computer upstairs I'll try and upload some tonight. Some say it's unfair to compare eras, which is valid. No doubt Wilt and the Big O and Russel among others were superstars. But most don't really understand the structure of the league at that time.

JM92
    JM92's Avatar Become A Pro!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCWrGWuU2Ak

also lots more out there. including full games via torrents.

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by JM92 View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCWrGWuU2Ak

also lots more out there. including full games via torrents.
    i have some full games via youtube links. i'll show you them later.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    lol people in here didn't even watch Wilt Chamberlain.

its obvious they only look at stats and read articles.

go watch him play. he is no where near the best ever. not even close.

the stats are inflated for a reason. you would know that if you watched the games.
    did you watch the game where he scored 100 points?

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by Ghenghis Kahn View Post
    did you watch the game where he scored 100 points?
    not that game. i watched a ton of his battles with russell (full length games) among others. the 100 is the most over celebrated stat in sports.

Bryant's 81 is much more difficult to accomplish. You can watch that game, and listen to Wilt's 100. All he did was camp out in the lane (no 3 sec violation), playing against guys much smaller, less athletic, many of them white (just to fill out the league), there was way more possessions in that game, i could go on and on.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year

goat you're right that it's impossible to compare eras so all we can do is rate guys based on how dominant they were relative to the league they played in

the bottom line about wilt is that no player dominated the rest of the league like wilt....has any other player led the league in pts, reb AND assists at one point in his career? the game has obviously evolved tremendously since then....you can't hold that against him

if wilt had won a bunch of championships he'd have to be ranked at the top but obviously the lack of rings is a huge hole in his resume

russell is a tougher call because he had hofer's all around him

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    not that game. i watched a ton of his battles with russell (full length games) among others. the 100 is the most over celebrated stat in sports.

Bryant's 81 is much more difficult to accomplish. You can watch that game, and listen to Wilt's 100. All he did was camp out in the lane (no 3 sec violation), playing against guys much smaller, less athletic, many of them white (just to fill out the league), there was way more possessions in that game, i could go on and on.
    that was a trick question, that video doesn't exist.

First 123 Last