BuckeyeT
    BuckeyeT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 85

Will Black Caviar Win again?

Might be one of her toughest tests so far, 13 other horses gonna try to stop the streak.

Diamond Jubilee Stakes from Royal Ascot

Post time is at 10:45 am EST.

mikemca
    Update Status
    mikemca's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 98

Probably ...looks like if you want to go against her then Moonlight Cloud is the horse to go with

MatI
    MatI's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7480

I can't believe im staying up for a horse race!

mickmac
    mickmac's Avatar Become A Pro!

She'll win and win easily

mikemca
    Update Status

Quote Originally Posted by mickmac View Post
    She'll win and win easily
    I don't know, I mean that is easy to say being she is 1-9 but there are a few question marks.One being this is the first time she has shipped anywhere from down under , two,I could be wrong but pretty sure, this is her first time on a straight course.Its a big difference from running around a turn, and three this is a bigger field then the 5-6 horse fields she is used to.

boxing in exacta-moonlight cloud/society rock/black caviar and hoping something crazy happens

jdrb
    jdrb's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2392

First time on a straight course? Ever seen the Flemington track?

BuckeyeT
    BuckeyeT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 85

That was tooo close but she just hung on.

MatI
    MatI's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7480

Australia about to go nuts.

Coopertrooper
    Coopertrooper's Avatar Become A Pro!

Nolen choked big time, eased her up before the sting was out of the race. What the hell was he doing, almost cost her the race!

jdrb

Nolen didnt even use the whip. Eased her too early.

mikemca
    Update Status

Quote Originally Posted by jdrb View Post
    First time on a straight course? Ever seen the Flemington track?

I guess the "i could be wrong" part went over your head?Doesn't look as good when she isn't facing the same 6 horses huh?

jdrb

Quote Originally Posted by mikemca View Post
    I guess the "i could be wrong" part went over your head?Doesn't look as good when she isn't facing the same 6 horses huh?
    Not as good...did you watch the race? The jockey basically eased to the line with a furlong to go. The other two horses were under the whip tryinh to gun her down.

mikemca
    Update Status

Quote Originally Posted by jdrb View Post
    Not as good...did you watch the race? The jockey basically eased to the line with a furlong to go. The other two horses were under the whip tryinh to gun her down.

You should pick up The goose that laid the golden egg or Jack and the Beanstalk.Think it will be right up your alley.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

You should pick up The goose that laid the golden egg or Jack and the Beanstalk.Think it will be right up your alley.
    He is right though, she was clear when Nolen stood up, she would have won by at least two lengths if ridden out to finish.

mikemca
    Update Status

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    He is right though, she was clear when Nolen stood up, she would have won by at least two lengths if ridden out to finish.
    No way.They were gaining on her when she was being ridden.No doubt she wins but she is hardly the Pegasus she is made out to be.Her companion from Australia Ortensia got smoked in the Kings Stand and using that as a barometer Little Bridge could easily have beaten her.

LT Profits

No way.They were gaining on her when she was being ridden.No doubt she wins but she is hardly the Pegasus she is made out to be.Her companion from Australia Ortensia got smoked in the Kings Stand and using that as a barometer Little Bridge could easily have beaten her.
    What do you mean, she had about a 1 1/2 length lead when Nolen stood up (mistaking finish line?) and she was actually edging away before his gaffe.

LT Profits

I wish I could find a good replay, it is difficult to see how far ahead she was with a head on shot.

Crowing Capers
    Crowing Capers's Avatar Become A Pro!

Who gives a flying Farkkkk. The great horse won and we collected....

Was able to get $1.42 on her 4 weeks ago so loaded up.

22 from 22. All she needed to do was win and she done that.

Critics will criticize but another W. Great bloody work Cav you Farkinnnn Aussie champ

mikemca
    Update Status

She wasn't edging away.Moonlight Cloud was gaining ,she would have won but not by more than a length.That isn't the point though the point is there isn't anyone who could say with a straight face that she looked as good as advertised.I bet they head back to Australia instead of staying to run in the other race they are supposed to.

Crowing Capers

Apparently Moody not completely happy with how she pulled up.
    More than likely coming back home for a well deserved spell in a lush paddock before the spring carnival

Coopertrooper

Well, she has travelled to win a race and has done it, if they want to take the mantle off her then the burden is on the challenger to come and take the crown from her.

That is if she does ever race again, although I don't think she would have been that badly hampered. Definately didn't appreciate the ground though, and doesn't seem to enjoy the travel. Add to that Nolen's mistake and the fact she raced with no cover and you have to admire what a champion she is. Champions don't always belt the opposition, they do enough to overcome adversity. She is 22 from 22, and is one of the best horses you'll ever see.

mikemca
    Update Status

Quote Originally Posted by Crowing Capers View Post
    Apparently Moody not completely happy with how she pulled up.
    More than likely coming back home for a well deserved spell in a lush paddock before the spring carnival
    That didn't take long.What a shocker.

Quote Originally Posted by Coopertrooper View Post
    Well, she has travelled to win a race and has done it, if they want to take the mantle off her then the burden is on the challenger to come and take the crown from her.

That is if she does ever race again, although I don't think she would have been that badly hampered. Definately didn't appreciate the ground though, and doesn't seem to enjoy the travel. Add to that Nolen's mistake and the fact she raced with no cover and you have to admire what a champion she is. Champions don't always belt the opposition, they do enough to overcome adversity. She is 22 from 22, and *is one of the best horses you'll ever see.
    *From Australia

I know I'm coming across as sort of a hater.I'm not I am a big fan of all great horses.If you are going to try and put yourself in that company though then you have to prove it.Not tuck your tail and run home the first time you get challenged.Trying to put BC in the same company with Frankel because she beat Hay List over and over is silly.There is nothing wrong with being the best horse in Australia but lets not exaggerate it to the point of fiction.

Coopertrooper

Rubbish. If she was so beatable then why didn't she lose? She injured herself, had Nolen have a brain fade on her and still won without the whip touching her. She didn't appear to like the climate at all, and mentally wasn't quite right either. Not bad to overcome that and manage to beat a bunch of poms.

If her injury isn't career-ending, she could possibly go on to win more group 1's than any other horse. And she isn't one of the best ever? Ha! And to say that they are just Australian races is typical of foreign disdain of Australian racing. If it were so easy to win in Australia, why aren't horses sent to run in the Patinack/Lightning Stakes, both legs of the global sprint challenge? Because the conditions are too different, and most wouldn't be capable. For Black Caviar to prove she could do it in Ascot proves her worth.

And the Frankel/BC comparisons have been rubbish from the start. Would you compare Usain Bolt to a marathon runner? You can try, but you just look like a fool doing so.

Crowing Capers

22 from 22
    All you can do is beat the opposition put to her and once again , job done !!!

Stop hating bro, grab a beer.
    Honestly Who really gives a farkk Where she is rated in the opinions of us punters.
    She just keeps winning

That is all man

Bbr
    Bbr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 414

^word

maroona
    maroona's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5079

Great to see the champ win even when she wasn't 100%, makes the win even better, its a shame all people will talk about is why didn't she win by more, all nolen did is try to nurse her to the line because he knew she wasn't right and she stopped a little quicker than he expected, hope she comes back for a spring campaign

maroona
    maroona's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5079

Interesting to see the interview with Moody after the race, seems like he didn't really want to go to Ascot but the general feeling was that they had to go to prove something, well they went and won! Job done!

TonyP
    Update your status
    TonyP's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1290

Moonlight Cloud was gaining with every stride, nice turn of foot. I Think Frankel would beat her.

mikemca
    Update Status

Quote Originally Posted by Coopertrooper View Post
    Rubbish. If she was so beatable then why didn't she lose? She injured herself, had Nolen have a brain fade on her and still won without the whip touching her. She didn't appear to like the climate at all, and mentally wasn't quite right either. Not bad to overcome that and manage to beat a bunch of poms.

If her injury isn't career-ending, she could possibly go on to win more group 1's than any other horse. And she isn't one of the best ever? Ha! And to say that they are just Australian races is typical of foreign disdain of Australian racing. If it were so easy to win in Australia, why aren't horses sent to run in the Patinack/Lightning Stakes, both legs of the global sprint challenge? Because the conditions are too different, and most wouldn't be capable. For Black Caviar to prove she could do it in Ascot proves her worth.

And the Frankel/BC comparisons have been rubbish from the start. Would you compare Usain Bolt to a marathon runner? You can try, but you just look like a fool doing so.

Look after watching a little soccer I have come to admire the national pride of foreign countries everywhere.You guys really get invested in your nation's sports interests way more so than the USA.But stop with the excuses to make her appear better than she is.How are the Frankel comparisons rubbish?He is not a marathoner and would smoke BC at 7 furlongs.I have no disdain for Australia at all and the reason horses aren't sent there to run more often is because it is literally in the middle of nowhere.Maybe after she wins the most group 1's a horse will reel of 40 straight running in Uzbekistan to pass her.Its all the same right?

Coopertrooper

You don't make excuses for a horse that continues to win at the top level, and they aren't excuses, they are the things she has had to endure along the way.

Black Cav and Frankel won't ever race against each other, and have completely different distance ranges. It has always been nothing more than a pipe dream from some wanting all-star clashes, and for the past year it has basically been a troll-fest.

A Group 1 is the highest level, only certain countries would even have them (not sure on what the count would be).

And in the middle of nowhere? It is the same as anywhere else, you just get on a plane. That excuse has been well-worn, and shoo's Australia off as a minnow, yet it has some of the richest and most prestigious races in the world. Sprinters just don't seem to get the accolaids in horse racing, and you don't have to think she's the best horse going around, but you don't see mares like this just heading down to the local track.

Not many outside of Aus don't seem to appreciate what she has achieved, and I don't really understand why so many get so caught up in horses being connected to a country. You're seeing equine athletes that can be sold off anywhere, all that matters is the conditions they race in and what they are up against. It is great to see a current batch of horses going around that are some of the best we have and will ever see, it is a great era for racing.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Is she afraid to come to usa and run in the breeders cup??