CoachTaylor
    Clear Eyes Full Hearts Cant Lose
    CoachTaylor's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'd have to go with TMU. I know they aren't too fond of me right now, but I KNOW they have a great coaching staff and are ready to get going this season.

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

Quote Originally Posted by frogsrangers View Post
    Just by looking at Week 1, here are some games that catch my eye and my guess on what the line will be:

Minnesota -13 @ UNLV
    South Carolina -17 @ Vanderbilt
    Texas A&M -17 @ Louisiana Tech
    Washington State +21 @ BYU
    Tennessee +3 vs. North Carolina State
    Notre Dame -21 vs. Navy
    San Jose State +28 @ Stanford
    Tulsa +7 @ Iowa State
    Ohio +14 @ Penn State
    Wyoming +24 @ Texas
    San Diego State +14 @ Washington
    Southern Miss +21 @ Nebraska
    Iowa -10 vs. Northern Illinois
    SMU +14 @ Baylor

So many teams are inflated or deflated in non conference, especially in Week 1, based on what conference they play in and the logo on their helmet, not on how good their team is.

Take the bolded teams here
    You took the wrong team on a couple game by a mile compared to 5dimes line, South carolina only -9.5, NC State a 7.5 point dog. I do not see how BYU could be -21 either WSU's sophomore QB is the next Joe Montana

frogsrangers
    Zackary > Angelito
    frogsrangers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5421

Quote Originally Posted by rm18 View Post
    You took the wrong team on a couple game by a mile compared to 5dimes line, South carolina only -9.5, NC State a 7.5 point dog. I do not see how BYU could be -21 either WSU's sophomore QB is the next Joe Montana
    5dimes lines are already out?

If NC State is a 7.5 point dog I would pound that total so hard, Tennessee is not that good

South Carolina beats Vandy by at least 21 IMO

BYU is on a mission this year and they won't let a Washington State team still trying to figure out the air raid beat them in their first game. I'd still pick BYU to cover.

frogsrangers
    Zackary > Angelito

OK looking at the lines released from 5dimes, here are my plays:

PLAYS

South Carolina -9.5 vs. Vanderbilt (Vandy doesn't have the firepower here)
    NC State +7.5 vs. Tennessee (NC State is the better team, how are they dogs? Oh yeah, SEC overvalue.)
    Alabama -12.5 vs. Michigan (Alabama is far superior and will win by about 28 I think)
    Nebraska -14.5 vs. Southern Miss (Southern Miss is decent, but lost some talent from last year and their coach. I think USM keeps it close for 2-3 quarters before Nebraska pulls away in the 4th)
    Louisville -10 vs. Kentucky (Kentucky sucks. Should be 21 point dogs here but again SEC overvalue in play.)

NO PLAY

Boise State +7.5 vs. Michigan State (Wait for Boise to get some games under their belt before playing them, no idea how they will do with a new QB)
    Navy +14.5 vs. Notre Dame (Triple Option teams usually cover in Week 1, but the circumstances surrounding this game plus the fact Notre Dame has experience facing the triple option every year means no play. If this line gets to +17 or higher play Navy)
    Marshall +23 vs. West Virginia (Rivalry game, but you never know what WVU team can show up. Marshall is capable of covering easily, would lean toward them if Marshall gets more points)
    Clemson +4 vs. Auburn (Tough call. Don't think Auburn is that good, but Clemson has shown to flop on the national stage too many times in games like this. Auburn struggled in Week 1 last year too)
    Georgia Tech +7.5 vs. Virginia Tech (Again, triple option is tough to face in Week 1, but VT should be able to shut it down enough to pull away. Wait for a line move here.)

ebbearsfb1
    ebbearsfb1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1694

Willie walters you coming out to jersey to see usc/cuse at the meadowlands

fishmonger
    Very sharp square
    fishmonger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246

Frogs I'm going to have to disagree with you on the nc state vs Tennessee game. I am a nc state homer and I don't think we are going to be good at all. We have no receivers, no running game and no linebackers with any sort of real skill or experience. Line is Undersized. The only bright spots is the secondary and a starting qb returning.

Went to the spring game and the first team offense looked horrid. The defense look good but I think it was due to the bad offense.

Tennessee on the other hand is returning almost everyone on the offense and defense. I think we get spanked by them.

frogsrangers
    Zackary > Angelito

Quote Originally Posted by fishmonger View Post
    Frogs I'm going to have to disagree with you on the nc state vs Tennessee game. I am a nc state homer and I don't think we are going to be good at all. We have no receivers, no running game and no linebackers with any sort of real skill or experience. Line is Undersized. The only bright spots is the secondary and a starting qb returning.

Went to the spring game and the first team offense looked horrid. The defense look good but I think it was due to the bad offense.

Tennessee on the other hand is returning almost everyone on the offense and defense. I think we get spanked by them.
    I still think NC State returns just enough to be competitive. They still have a decent QB, a good senior WR, and talented running backs. Defensively the middle is weak but the ends and secondary should be good.

You are giving Tennessee too much credit I think. They were a bad bad team last year who only won 5 games because those 5 teams they beat were garbage. No offense at all and I don't know if it will improve enough in Week 1. They are really going to have to grow up quickly to compete this year and I think they will still be rusty in Week 1.

I can see the line moving to NC State +10 because of the SEC bias and assumption that SEC = automatically good, but I know NC State will be able to keep this game within 10. This game means far more to NC State than Tennessee so I think NC State will also have the edge in determination.

drnkyourmlkshk
    drnkyourmlkshk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6063

Heres what i have
    Undervalued teams in order.
    Some maybe big names but just going off power rankings of mine compared to ranking
    Georgia
    Illinois
    Fresno state
    SjSu
    Stanford
    WVU
    Tennesee
    Rutgers
    Louisville
    Georgia tech
    K state
    Mizzouri
    Utah
    Ark st.
    Houston
    Clemson
    N. Illinois

Koldazzice
    Koldazzice's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4257

Although this seems like a chalk play but USC lines (going of early release lines) although chalky are extremely off - They will be a absolute juggernaut and the lines will get worse, your going to see alot of 50's this year after usc's name on the scoreboard. AND I HATE USC but going over their talent and making my number its off by a bit over a td or more.

This team is so loaded I would lay almost anything the 1st 3 weeks until people catch up

drnkyourmlkshk
    drnkyourmlkshk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6063

Quote Originally Posted by Koldazzice View Post
    Although this seems like a chalk play but USC lines (going of early release lines) although chalky are extremely off - They will be a absolute juggernaut and the lines will get worse, your going to see alot of 50's this year after usc's name on the scoreboard. AND I HATE USC but going over their talent and making my number its off by a bit over a td or more.

This team is so loaded I would lay almost anything the 1st 3 weeks until people catch up
    I agree the first 4-6 games they'll look like the second coming however they're not deep and even minor injuries can and will catch up to this team I have them winning nine games all three of the losses near the end of the year. Matt Barkley probably the most likely to win the Heisman this year but his lack of talent at tackle in front of him concerns me. I also don't like their approach at times they play to their level of competition far too often. I also agree they'll put some major points on the board but they'll give up a lot of points as well. Should be fun to watch

Bigbill365
    Big Money Bettors
    Bigbill365's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1016

i belive Alabama may be overvalued going into the season but i could be very wrong.If i see a line in there opener against michigan at -17to-21 i would say there overvaled ill be watching close.Does anyone know if that line came out anywere?

Bigbill365
    Big Money Bettors
    Bigbill365's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1016

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbill365 View Post
    i belive Alabama may be overvalued going into the season but i could be very wrong.If i see a line in there opener against michigan at -17to-21 i would say there overvaled ill be watching close.Does anyone know if that line came out anywere?
    WoW NVM i guess the nugget has the line right now at -12

ShawNee922
    A fool thinks himself to be wise ..
    ShawNee922's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 817

Quote Originally Posted by frogsrangers View Post
    OK looking at the lines released from 5dimes, here are my plays:

PLAYS

Alabama -12.5 vs. Michigan (Alabama is far superior and will win by about 28 I think)

NO PLAY

Clemson +4 vs. Auburn (Tough call. Don't think Auburn is that good, but Clemson has shown to flop on the national stage too many times in games like this. Auburn struggled in Week 1 last year too)

Georgia Tech +7.5 vs. Virginia Tech (Again, triple option is tough to face in Week 1, but VT should be able to shut it down enough to pull away. Wait for a line move here.)

Give me the points in all 3 ... ML - clemson and ga tech , a split cashes in...

PickWinnerAllDay
    I'd never gamble again for Taylor Swift
    PickWinnerAllDay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Looks like a lot of people agree.

Pound the bigger, faster, more talented Tennessee squad against Mizzou opening week.

We all going to get buried? Never bet on my alma mater in football, might consider it for the first time.

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

Quote Originally Posted by rm18 View Post
    You took the wrong team on a couple game by a mile compared to 5Dimes line, South carolina only -9.5, NC State a 7.5 point dog. I do not see how BYU could be -21 either WSU's sophomore QB is the next Joe Montana

Yes he is the next Montana I was right ty Brock

First 12