seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

LBJ is already in the top 50 scorers of all time.

Damn. Amazing. Clifford Robinson is number 40. Surprising.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

why does this surprise you? He will be top 3 when he retires, probably 1st all time since he never misses games.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    why does this surprise you? He will be top 3 when he retires, probably 1st all time since he never misses games.
    this is only his 9th year. Most of the guys on the list played 15+ years in the NBA.

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by seaborneq View Post
    this is only his 9th year. Most of the guys on the list played 15+ years in the NBA.
    Durant will be on that list in a few years. Great era of basketball going on right now with Kobe and the celtics and spurs and mavs still in play and the primes of wade bron durant. Gonna be some guys having to move over on that list after these guys all retire. Rick Carlisle called Dirk one of the 10 greatest players ever. Probably top 25 30 no way top 10. D Wade maybe hovering around the top 15 by the time he retires
    25 5 6 for his career thus far and best shot blocking guard in nba history. jordan not even close

vaas187
    vaas187's Avatar Become A Pro!

Durant will be on that list in a few years. Great era of basketball going on right now with Kobe and the celtics and spurs and mavs still in play and the primes of wade bron durant. Gonna be some guys having to move over on that list after these guys all retire. Rick Carlisle called Dirk one of the 10 greatest players ever. Probably top 25 30 no way top 10. D Wade maybe hovering around the top 15 by the time he retires
    25 5 6 for his career thus far and best shot blocking guard in nba history. jordan not even close
    Wade?

Wade is way past prime homie

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by vaas187 View Post
    Wade?

He's still one of the greatest 25 players in NBA history, and will be top 15 when he retires based on his stats and hardware. I think he's one of few guys to average 25 5 and 5 for his career. Let's see if he can retire with those numbers.

Not sure how you can say way past his prime when he averaged 29 a game in the series against dallas last year in the finals. He's been playing with a hurt knee this whole finals and is still the third best player on the court after lebron and durant.

JM92
    JM92's Avatar Become A Pro!

He's still one of the greatest 25 players in NBA history, and will be top 15 when he retires based on his stats and hardware. I think he's one of few guys to average 25 5 and 5 for his career. Let's see if he can retire with those numbers.

Not sure how you can say way past his prime when he averaged 29 a game in the series against dallas last year in the finals. He's been playing with a hurt knee this whole finals and is still the third best player on the court after lebron and durant.
    4th right now, Westbrook should be third.

But even though I thoroughly hate Wade, he's easily top 20 I would say. Guy definitively does not get enough credit. Not only has he those amazing numbers and was without a doubt an incomparable offensive force with his agility, finishing skills and athleticism, he always an amazing defender and still is, even right when he's not playing his best offensively.

Also, top 10 all time in PER.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect

Dirk is already in the top 20. Number 19 to be exact.

greenhippo
    greenhippo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 723

Chamberlain
    Abdul-jabbar
    Bird
    Johnson
    MJ
    Olajuwon
    Duncan
    Bryant
    Oneal
    Nash
    Robertson
    Malone
    Malone
    Stockton
    Pippen
    Russell
    Havlicek
    West
    Pettit
    Robinson
    Payton
    Drexler
    Thomas
    Barkley
    James
    Nowitzki

I could see an argument for 2 or 3 of those guys. But top 20 right now?

Jago2008
    SoCal Living
    Jago2008's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by vaas187 View Post
    Wade?

Dear God your avatar...

JM92

There will be a day when someone will actually be able to explain me how kobe is so much better than D-Wade. Till then, I usually say I rank Wade right besides kobe, so wherever people rank Kobe, I'll get Wade in the spot below.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect

Quote Originally Posted by JM92 View Post
    There will be a day when someone will actually be able to explain me how kobe is so much better than D-Wade. Till then, I usually say I rank Wade right besides kobe, so wherever people rank Kobe, I'll get Wade in the spot below.
    Longevity and playing through pain and injuries. Wade falls down 7 times, only gets up 6 times. No comparison when it comes to durability. In a few years Wade will not be playing at an elite level. Jordan did, Kobe does, Magic did, Wade won't.

Goat Milk

Longevity and playing through pain and injuries. Wade falls down 7 times, only gets up 6 times. No comparison when it comes to durability. In a few years Wade will not be playing at an elite level. Jordan did, Kobe does, Magic did, Wade won't.
    It depends. Jordan and Kobe stayed relevant because of their midrange game. That's what Wade will have to develop as his explosiveness deteriorates. I think many are deceived by Wade this year though. He is fighting through a lot of injuries and still a top 5 player in the NBA in my opinion. What he does on both ends of the floor is incredible.

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by greenhippo View Post
    Chamberlain
    Abdul-jabbar
    Bird
    Johnson
    MJ
    Olajuwon
    Duncan
    Bryant
    Oneal
    Nash
    Robertson
    Malone
    Malone
    Stockton
    Pippen
    Russell
    Havlicek
    West
    Pettit
    Robinson
    Payton
    Drexler
    Thomas
    Barkley
    James
    Nowitzki

You can't be serious with those 3 on the list? Those guys aren't top 50 for sure. Nash is no where near Dirk or even Wade if both were to retire today and Payton? Come on. Allen Iverson is better than Gary Payton without question.

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

no one can touch kareem and moses they played for 20 years

Jeffie
    Jeffie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1163

What the heck are u smoking? even Wade would tell you your crazy.
    Dirk is def not a top 10 player but one of my favorites to watch you have to appreciate how easy he makes shooting look.

JM92

yeah, you're right about that and I completely agree with those points. But let's say Wade will be as durable as those guys, does it at least 'till 2015/2016. Then I won't be able to rank Kobe more than one spot above him.

but god I hate wade so much. even though is not half as much of a prima dona has he used to be.

Goat Milk

^ yeah, not sure what you're smoking. Wade is my favorite player of all time and he is no where near Kobe. Kobe is the 2nd greatest player in history as far as me and Magic Johnson are concerned.

convick
    convick's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3683

Nash

That dude couldnt even get to the Finals.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect

Nash has two too many MVP's. A good player yes, all time great, hell no.

JM92

^ yeah, not sure what you're smoking. Wade is my favorite player of all time and he is no where near Kobe. Kobe is the 2nd greatest player in history as far as me and Magic Johnson are concerned.
    if you can explain yourself please.

Im 99.9% Kobe isn't the 2nd greatest player in history. But hey, I never know, maybe you can change my mind dude.

And please, Magic is on my "inspiring people" list on facebook, but even I know it is ridiculous to use his statements and arguments. during the nba finals, guy just bashed on a player like hell and then 2 days later apologized and recognized that he had to play that way for them to have chance to win.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

So wait....he's half way to Kareem and you really think he's going to play 9 or more years maintaining this pace?

see this is why Kareem is the most underrated player in history. 1) no one seems to understand how amazing he was in Milwaukee and 2) everyone also seems to think he was just a scorer because that's what he did his last handful of years with magic but the guy dominated games in every way in his prime...which most of us never witnessed when it happened.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect

It's probably more about rings than points for LeBron in the future.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect

He will probably be a 5-5-5-5 guy when its all said and done. 5 rings, Top 5 all time scoring, 5 regular season MVP's, and 5 Finals MVP's.

dlunc3
    dlunc3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1076

Chamberlain
    Abdul-jabbar
    Bird
    Johnson
    MJ
    Olajuwon
    Duncan
    Bryant
    Oneal
    Nash
    Robertson
    Malone
    Malone
    Stockton
    Pippen
    Russell
    Havlicek
    West
    Pettit
    Robinson
    Payton
    Drexler
    Thomas
    Barkley
    James
    Nowitzki

All those guys and no iverson?

marcoloco
    marcoloco's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9132

Clifford Robinson is number 40. Surprising.
    very surprising! and above Barkley?

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

He will probably be a 5-5-5-5 guy when its all said and done. 5 rings, Top 5 all time scoring, 5 regular season MVP's, and 5 Finals MVP's.
    If he gets 5 titles then he will end up with more than 5 mvp's

And to win 5 titles they'll have to make some moves down theline including dumping spoelstra

Goat Milk

if you can explain yourself please.

Im 99.9% Kobe isn't the 2nd greatest player in history. But hey, I never know, maybe you can change my mind dude.

And please, Magic is on my "inspiring people" list on facebook, but even I know it is ridiculous to use his statements and arguments. during the nba finals, guy just bashed on a player like hell and then 2 days later apologized and recognized that he had to play that way for them to have chance to win.
    Jordan played 5 years without Pippen I believe, and in those years never once had a winning record and went 1-9 in the playoffs. He is the greatest. There's a story on this site. type in 90s bulls for thread titles and you'll find it under my name.

Kwame Brown, Luke Walton, Smush Parker were all starters with Bryant in the year he took PHX to 7 in the playoffs. Worst playoff team in NBA history. Bryant's 81 was so much more difficult than Wilt's 100. Game pace was way faster back in the day which led to more possessions for Wilt and faster, more efficient buckets because the players weren't as athletic (aside from the stars in the league).

Bryant is the best midrange shooter in nba history. His shots are incredibly difficult, no one hits those types of shots besides Dirk, not even Jordan. His averages are skewed because he sat on the bench his first 2 years. Also, lets remember that Bryant is 34, but that is really 37 38 in NBA years. Averaging 28 a game 5 and 5 pretty much in your 16th nba season? Can you think about where players like Malone were at that point?

Bryant's shot is why he's remained relevant, just like Jordan. He's not the passer of magic, doesn't have the explisveness of Jordan, but has the shot.

Kobe will break the record by the time he retires (4 more years I'd say)

All NBA first team appearances
    All NBA defensive 1st team appearances (Kobe still amazing defender when he wants to be in the playoffs--which is all that matters)
    Playoff Appearances/Games
    Playoff Points, 3s, etc.
    Most points all time (this would be a fun bet ).
    1 of X guys to average at least 25 5 5.

Bryant plays through so many injuries every year and it doesn't matter to him. Bryant will never average under 20 a game. Never. He will retire averaging 22 a game and I look for him to have over 26 ppg next year. This year he played more minutes then he has in a number of seasons.

Lets not forget that Bryant would have a 2nd MVP if not for the rape trial. That year, Nash got it, who was undeserving, while Kobe averaged 35.6 a game and had a 81 pt game and 62 in 3 quarters against Dallas to outscore them by himself!

The main reason why I give Kobe a nod over Magic (who is third on my list) is because of overall defense. I just can't ignore the fact that Kobe is the better defender. Both have different offensive skills, but Kobe is just the most complete player I've seen (him and Jordan).

Kareem could be argued, but Kareem and Magic were one of the best combos out there and it was actually kind of obvious that Magic was their best player for all those rings. He was a beast. Even Kareem would admit it. Kareem has most of the all time records but didn't match the unparalleled ruthlessness of Kobe and Jordan.

Wilt played in an era with not many guys who could defend his size. Russell took many of Wilt's rings away, winning 11 rings. But Russel Was not a good offensive player. Not at all. The greatest defensive player ever (after Jordan), but had no moves. Can't discount offense.

The pace back in the day led to inflated states, evidenced by the Big O and Wilt/Russell numbers.
    Last edited by Goat Milk; 06-23-12 at 02:49 AM.

greenhippo

Quote Originally Posted by dlunc3 View Post
    All those guys and no iverson?
    I actually considered Iverson and people like Gervin and Irving, but since people ignore the ABA thought best to pass them up. But pure basketball, Wade would be Irving's ball boy

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by InTheDrink View Post
    So wait....he's half way to Kareem and you really think he's going to play 9 or more years maintaining this pace?

see this is why Kareem is the most underrated player in history. 1) no one seems to understand how amazing he was in Milwaukee and 2) everyone also seems to think he was just a scorer because that's what he did his last handful of years with magic but the guy dominated games in every way in his prime...which most of us never witnessed when it happened.
    Kareem remained relevant because of the sky hook. Bryant will play as many seasons as Kareem for sure and is gonna catch him or get very close.

Lebron is a different animal because I can picture Lebron being dominant without even driving to the rim. The scary thing is he is a better passer than anyone in the league (maybe Nash). Passing only improves as you age and I think when he learns to throw around his ass in the post, all 270 pounds (which he will stay at for another 8 years), and starts to hit KOBE-LIKE fadaways, he will still be unguardable.

He will get closer and closer to averaging a TD and his scoring will go down to 23 24ish as his career comes to a close. Lebron can't keep up this pace (driving all day, exploding) for 8 more years, but if he develops that 3 ball and the kobe post up, he will probably break many all-time records.

greenhippo

You can't be serious with those 3 on the list? Those guys aren't top 50 for sure. Nash is no where near Dirk or even Wade if both were to retire today and Payton? Come on. Allen Iverson is better than Gary Payton without question.
    Nash two MVPs, actually makes teammates better. Wade relies on getting fouled and shooting FTs. Payton 9 first team all defensive, Wade, zero. Drexlers 88 and 89 seasons would beg to differ he wasn't at the very least as good as Wade in his prime

Goat Milk

Nash two MVPs, actually makes teammates better. Wade relies on getting fouled and shooting FTs. Payton 9 first team all defensive, Wade, zero. Drexlers 88 and 89 seasons would beg to differ he wasn't at the very least as good as Wade in his prime
    Wade is one of the best finals performance players in nba history. gary payton dick rode wade to a ring. wade is the best shot blocker for a 2guard in nba history, far better than jordan. he's 6'4 and has more career blocks per game than lebron. Wade always top 5 in steals. He gets robbed every year for def. 1st team because Kobe kept taking his spot.

Wade 25 5 and 6 averages payton not even close.

Nash was never a winner. Wade with 2 rings. Nash always had good enough teams to go far. Terrible defender. Drexler never averaged 30 5 7.5 like wade. not to mention steals and blocks. Wade's playoff numbers shit on Drexler's as well.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2380

Larry Bird>Lebron James still

seaborneq
    It's time to collect

Quote Originally Posted by Chi_archie View Post
    Larry Bird>Lebron James still
    Ahead of LBJ in points only. Not in status or greatness.