Reload
    Winning Aint Easy
    Reload's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14852

Pacquiao's next fight should be on free TV

They've got to do something to restore interest in boxing again. Lots of $$$ to be made with PPV, but after that fiasco decision it's time for a big freebee.

Anyone else agree?

Maxmillion
    Maxmillion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4400

I agree 100% I would even settle for just plain old HBO. But prime time TV would be epic.

Bill Dozer
    @BillDozer110
    Bill Dozer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21705

Reload,
    How is it that these guys are the highest paid athletes in a sport no one is interested in? Does Boxing make that much more money than say a major UFC event on PPV?

Crassus
    Crassus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1058

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Dozer View Post
    Reload,
    How is it that these guys are the highest paid athletes in a sport no one is interested in? Does Boxing make that much more money than say a major UFC event on PPV?
    % of PPV sales to a main event boxer boxer is ridiculous compared to UFC cuts.

It's been shown that the average UFC star makes more than the average boxing star, and the big names in Boxing crush the big names in the UFC.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Everyone will pay again, b/c they are all smart people.

DeFactoCrippler
    DEFACTO© SAVES IDIOTS AND GONZOIDS
    DeFactoCrippler's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by HoulihansTX View Post
    Everyone will pay again, b/c they are all smart people.
    Fock, I'm not gonna lie, would gladly hand my money to Arum himself for the Chavez/Martinez fight.

iQon
    iQon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 123

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Dozer View Post
    Reload,
    there's only 2 or 3 boxers making that kind of money...

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Members of a five-man review panel have ruled that Manny Pacquiao should have been declared the winner of his bout against Timothy Bradley.
    The WBO reported on its website on Thursday that all five members of a special panel it had asked to review the controversial welterweight title bout in Las Vegas on June 9 scored it in favour of Pacquiao.
    The organisation said it could not overturn the result of the fight or ask Bradley to surrender the belt, but it could authorise a rematch.
    Pacquiao said in a telephone call from the Philippines, "I hope with this ruling the public's faith in boxing would be restored.
    "I was not surprised by the WBO ruling. I knew I won; so did the whole world. But that is already over and I am now focusing on the next fight."
    The 33-year-old former champion said he and his promoter, Bob Arum, would discuss his next move at a meeting in Los Angeles next week, but he remained coy on who his next opponent would be.
    "We will soon find out whom I will fight next," he said, when asked if he was aiming for a rematch against Bradley.
    The American snatched Pacquiao's WBO belt on a split decision and snapped Pacquiao's 15-fight, seven-year winning streak.
    The decision sparked outrage in the boxing-crazy Philippines and in the United States, where two senators pushed for the creation of a national boxing commission to regulate the sport.
    Arum questioned the competence of the judges and pressed for an inquiry from the Nevada attorney general's office.
    AP reports from Manila that Pacquiao would prefer a rematch to Bradley giving up the title which the American won on a split decision because "people may think I just usurped it".
    "My supporters shouldn't worry. We're going to get that title," the Filipino superstar said.
    Duane Ford, who scored the bout 15-13 for Bradley, was quoted earlier as saying, "I thought Bradley gave Pacquiao a boxing lesson."
    His colleague Jerry Roth had it 115-113 for Pacquiao and CJ Ross 115-113 for Bradley.
    WBO president Francisco "Paco" Valcarcel later announced that five "recognised international judges" would review the fight and make a recommendation.
    Valcarcel said, however, the WBO did not doubt the ability of the judges who scored the fight.