shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    So you're saying wantitall is a liar, or he's exaggerating how well he did arbing numbers at Pinny?
    Not at all. I wouldn't have any clue how well he did just like he wouldn't know how well you or I did. We don't post bank statements on here and we're all just randoms online. I know that 70% figure is nowhere close for tennis but I assume he's talking about the major US sports. My point was that I've never seen Justin7 or anyone else with a clue for that matter advocate relying on BTCL as the sole factor of determining if the bets you're placing are the right ones according to the numbers you've come up with. It's just one aspect. But if you're going to say someone has been "schooled" or vehemently disagree with another approach, it's probably best to do your own backtesting. If not, you'd be blindly - and lazily - following someone's word as gospel which in itself is dangerous, as I'm sure wantitall would agree.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Quote Originally Posted by shari91 View Post
    Not at all. I wouldn't have any clue how well he did just like he wouldn't know how well you or I did. We don't post bank statements on here and we're all just randoms online. I know that 70% figure is nowhere close for tennis but I assume he's talking about the major US sports. My point was that I've never seen Justin7 or anyone else with a clue for that matter advocate relying on BTCL as the sole factor of determining if the bets you're placing are the right ones according to the numbers you've come up with. It's just one aspect. But if you're going to say someone has been "schooled" or vehemently disagree with another approach, it's probably best to do your own backtesting. If not, you'd be blindly - and lazily - following someone's word as gospel which in itself is dangerous, as I'm sure wantitall would agree.
    They don't say it's the sole factor necessarily, but if you even question for a moment how important it actually is, they jump down your throat like there's no way the books could just be playing with the lines to draw action to one side or another.

I've come to realize that for the most part, those who preach at the church of BTCL are true grinders. Nothing wrong with that necessarily, but I think they're trying to play by the book in an arena that oftentimes is anything but.

Just my take. Not saying it's right.

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    They don't say it's the sole factor necessarily, but if you even question for a moment how important it actually is, they jump down your throat like there's no way the books could just be playing with the lines to draw action to one side or another.

I've come to realize that for the most part, those who preach at the church of BTCL are true grinders. Nothing wrong with that necessarily, but I think they're trying to play by the book in an arena that oftentimes is anything but.

Just my take. Not saying it's right.
    You should try bringing that up in the TT. I'm not sure if it has been before but I definitely don't recall it being discussed any time recently. Even if some people disagree with your theory, the guys in there will give you reasons as to why so although you might not subscribe to what they're saying, it'll probably give you some good things to think about either way. You'll definitely at least get a more well-thought out and potentially helpful response than you would if you were to broach the same subject elsewhere on here.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Quote Originally Posted by shari91 View Post
    You should try bringing that up in the TT. I'm not sure if it has been before but I definitely don't recall it being discussed any time recently. Even if some people disagree with your theory, the guys in there will give you reasons as to why so although you might not subscribe to what they're saying, it'll probably give you some good things to think about either way. You'll definitely at least get a more well-thought out and potentially helpful response than you would if you were to broach the same subject elsewhere on here.
    Probably. I guess it all comes down to whether or not you think books are on the level with their numbers -- i.e., their lines and moves are truly reactions to what is being bet where and how much, yielding a "true line," or if they manipulate certain lines on given games for juice purposes or because they simply know something that the general public doesn't. I tend to believe the latter does happen, because after all, we're talking about sports betting here -- not a church balance sheet.

19th Hole
    19th Hole's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10287

Loshack....
    Buck up lad!! Chin up!!...Back straight and exude confidence!!

Instead of the smart, confident "leaner" of auld...What do we get??
    Peter Loshack as Peter "fukkin' disheveled" Falk in Columbo.
    Not a winning transition physically or mentally...A shame to behold.

Your noggin' is bouncing around like a bobble-head.
    I implore you...Put down the straw...hit the rack and don't get bogged
    down in....
    Team Totals,
    Game Totals,
    closing lines
    or cappin' models.

YOU are PETER FUKKIN' LOSHACK!!!

Get back to the clean, crisp, bright-eyed, winner-pickin' Loshak
    that we know and love!!!
    Buck the fuk up!!!!
    Points Awarded:

CarpeDime gave 19th Hole 100 SBR Point(s) for this post.

CarpeDime
    CarpeDime's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1005

Quote Originally Posted by Mikail View Post
    1 out of 3 isn't gonna cut it loshak!
    Mikail,

I know

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

This guy is burying everyone

He sounds good in the analysis but facts are facts he is a coked out mother fukker

Glad I am normal and not like Loshak

First 12