PickWinnerAllDay
    I'd never gamble again for Taylor Swift
    PickWinnerAllDay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

I just watched an hour worth of Chris Matthews and I'm wondering how the fukk this guy isn't considered as biased as the guys on fox news? The fukk is wrong with people?

jbart28
    MAGA KAG
    jbart28's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16

Chris Matthews is a corpse. Nobody watches msnbc. Rachel madcow is another piece of shit anti american

MC PICKS
    Update your status
    MC PICKS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 265

House committee finds holder in contempt, well done at least someone is working in washington today.

MUHerd37
    Status Your Update.
    MUHerd37's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10678

Quote Originally Posted by Flashmo View Post
    The fact that he invoked it tells me that he is involved in it and has something to hide..He knew about it all along..he's guilty, or he wouldn't have invoked the privledge
    The President can't invoke it unless he's involved. Holder said the white house wasn't involved. It's gonna go to the supreme court.

crustyme
    dont i look killer?
    crustyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

Quote Originally Posted by PickWinnerAllDay View Post
    Holy shit, you are just common sense stupid.

Why else would one person need a mansion with 14 bedrooms? It is flaunting it to buy something so ridiculous that you don't need.
    millions of people live in mansions, idiot. are they all flaunting their wealth? or maybe they have a large family and need the room. romney has a large family if you haven't heard.

just because you live in your parents basement squalor doesnt mean they are flaunting their wealth. now if they took a photo of themselves with money in their mouth and rolls royces parked in their living room, then yeah, that's flaunting.

MC PICKS
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by MUHerd37 View Post
    The President can't invoke it unless he's involved. Holder said the white house wasn't involved. It's gonna go to the supreme court.
    Its clear as day the president is involved, holder agreed to give up the documents last night and them obama comes out today with this shit. This will be the end of obama politically.

MUHerd37
    Status Your Update.

Quote Originally Posted by crustyme View Post
    owning those things arent flaunting. bragging about them is.

if a friend of yours carried large stacks of cash just to flaunt it to everyone he met would you think it was cool or majorly douchy?
    Bullshit. What fukk is the reason of owning Lamborghinis, Ferraris, Bugattis, Pagonis, Rolls Royces, 20,00 sq ft houses? It's to enjoy them and show people you are fukkin rich!

crustyme
    dont i look killer?
    crustyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

Quote Originally Posted by MUHerd37 View Post
    Bullshit. What fukk is the reason of owning Lamborghinis, Ferraris, Bugattis, Pagonis, Rolls Royces, 20,00 sq ft houses? It's to enjoy them and show people you are fukkin rich!
    if you don't know the difference between enjoying your wealth and shoving it other people's faces, then you're beyond help.

MUHerd37
    Status Your Update.

Name:  Romney_cash.jpg
Views: 130
Size:  47.2 KB

Looks like they were enjoying their money. They weren't shoving it in other people's faces. They take that picture and mail to everybody and say look what we got? They were simply enjoying their success.

tblues2005
    tblues2005's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7184

There has to be something behind this or the President would have not acted on this. I do have mixed feelings on this though because it could be a good reason. His reason better be good enough or I will hold him accountable for this. I know the Democrats did this when Bush was in office so this maybe a return the favor thing here in this one. I will have a wait and see on this one and see what happens but if it is a partisan vote then that will go against the GOP in my eyes.

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

tblues , until (IF) a Dem congressperson condemns Holder he is 'safe' politically - But there will be pressure on Dems in tight races this fall to say something

Shaudius
    Shaudius's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 702

I'll post this in this thread too, the President DOES NOT have to be involved to invoke executive privilege:

Well you thought wrong, while it is called executive privilege and would make you think of the executive being the President executive privilege more accurately refers to the privilege extended to the executive branch of government, headed by the President. The President is the person who asserts privilege on behalf of the executive branch. Holder asked Obama to assert privilege on his behalf because that is the custom for how executive privilege is requested by subordinates to the President. It has nothing to do with the President being directly involved in the issue(well at least it doesn't have to, he may very well actually be involved, but the fact that he asserted it doesn't mean that he is or that Holder was lying).

You may or may not recall, but the last time that executive privilege was invoked by a sitting President was in 2007, and it involved the firing of nine U.S. attorneys. The people it was invoked to prevent from testifying and providing documents were Harriett Miers, the White House counsel, and White House Chief of Staff Josh Bolten. Its also the controversy that led to the resignation from office of Alberto Gonzalez. Neither party that was subpoenaed was the sitting President, and there is no evidence that the documents were authoed by George W. Bush or involved decision that he directly had made.

Unfortunately for the President, most people, like you, are not constitutional scholars and will therefore jump to the same wrong conclusion that you seem to be suggesting.

KKoz9
    KKoz9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 114

Quote Originally Posted by crustyme View Post
    White House invokes executive privilege for Rove in attorney firings
    EXECUTIVE PRIVILEGE

August 01, 2007|From Ed Henry CNN Washington Bureau

The White House invoked executive privilege to keepKarl Rove from having to testify Thursday.
    The White House has invoked executive privilege to keep President Bush's top political adviser, Karl Rove, from having to testify Thursday about the firings of at least eight U.S. attorneys.
    Rove, "as an immediate adviser to the president," can't be ordered to testify and has been told not to appear, White House Counsel Fred Fielding told the Senate Judiciary Committee.
    The committee called Rove and his deputy, Scott Jennings, to testify Thursday morning.
    The White House says it is trying to protect the president's ability to receive candid advice and offered to let top aides discuss the firings only if they were not placed under oath and no transcript was taken.

"It is regretted that the committee has forced this action, as the president's offer of accommodation to you and to the House Judiciary Committee could have provided information being sought in a manner respectful of presidential prerogatives and consistent with a spirit of comity," Fielding wrote.
    But Sen. Patrick Leahy, D-Vermont, accused the White House of trying to cover up Rove's role in the firings. He questioned why Rove discussed the matter publicly when the issue first made news, but now "is suddenly unable to talk it about when he is under oath."
    "Mr. Rove has given reasons for the firings that have now been shown to be inaccurate, after-the-fact fabrications," Leahy said in a statement issued Wednesday evening. "Yet he now refuses to tell this committee the truth about his role in targeting well-respected U.S. attorneys for firing and in seeking to cover up his role and that of his staff in the scandal."
    Mark Paoletta, a lawyer for Jennings, told CNN his client will appear before the Judiciary Committee but would refuse to answer questions he feels are covered by executive privilege. Former White House political director Sara Taylor testified under similar circumstances in July.
    The White House already has invoked executive privilege to block previous testimony by Taylor and former White House counsel Harriet Miers, who skipped a hearing in the House two weeks ago, and to keep Chief of Staff Josh Bolten from turning over documents subpoenaed as part of the inquiry.
    The panel voted to cite Miers and Bolten for contempt of Congress for failing to comply with subpoenas. The decision on whether to pursue any action on those citations lies with the Justice Department.

http://articles.cnn.com/2007-08-01/p..._s=PM:POLITICS

Yeah...but he did it too..

great argument but definitely the status quo for the kool aid crew

This administration is a fraud and an absolute failure

change we can believe in

it's all Bush's fault...but we continued most all of the same policies (except for that ridiculous miserable excuse for health care reform that was passed just so we could to say we did it)

Next...

ChalkyDog
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.
    ChalkyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Obama backers, do you realize how fukking stupid it is to compare your President to the worst president in history.

Everytime an argument is made against Obama, it only hurts saying "well the worst president in history did it too"

- Crusty, C'mon man.

Shafted69
    Green Shoots 2021
    Shafted69's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1693

How come the inbred convict Issa didn't call Bush officials, who started this

program, to testify in this witch hunt yet they only go after the black guy who ended it?

Sam Odom

June 20, 2012

Holder ‘Inadvertently’ Claimed Mukasey Knew of Previous Gun-Walking Operation, DOJ Says

Attorney General Eric Holder “inadvertently” claimed that former Attorney General Michael Mukasey knew of the department’s use of controversial gun-walking tactics in connection with an investigation initiated during the George W. Bush administration, a Justice Department letter said.

Balco10
    Balco10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

his new nickname is President
    Kardashian

McBa1n
    Update your status
    McBa1n's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 523

Quote Originally Posted by jbart28 View Post
    Chris Matthews is a corpse. Nobody watches msnbc. Rachel madcow is another piece of shit anti american
    Why, because she asks tough questions? Because she is the most fair Dem on msnbc? You're the anti-american, knucklehead. You didn't wake up until Blacky McBlack became President. Would've been nice to hear your opinions 8 years ago aboutish. But we won't know them, since you obviously don't understand 'free thought', today. The reason people watch fox is because they're afraid white people are threatened - heck, it's what the Republican caucus is about. If you put 2+2 together, you might figure it out - but I figure, most Americans can barely read, let alone, research facts. If you hate gays/blacks, then man up, man. If you hate one or the other, then man up and quit trolling, silly sir.

I will donate betpoints to you for a year if you can prove Maddow is anti-american. My word is my bond. When you cannot, you can go hug your teddy bear, sir. My counter is, when you're wrong, I want you to do the same for me. Put up or, again, go hug your teddy bear, sir.
    Last edited by McBa1n; 06-21-12 at 01:27 AM.

Balco10
    Balco10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

Quote Originally Posted by McBa1n View Post
    Why, because she asks tough questions? Because she is the most fair Dem on msnbc? You're the anti-american, knucklehead. You didn't wake up until Blacky McBlack became President. Would've been nice to hear your opinions 8 years ago aboutish. But we won't know them, since you obviously don't understand 'free thought', today. The reason people watch fox is because they're afraid white people are threatened - heck, it's what the Republican caucus is about. If you put 2+2 together, you might figure it out - but I figure, most Americans can barely read, let alone, research facts. If you hate gays/blacks, then man up, man. If you hate one or the other, then man up and quit trolling, silly sir.

I will donate betpoints to you for a year if you can prove Maddow is anti-american. My word is my bond. When you cannot, you can go hug your teddy bear, sir. My counter is, when you're wrong, I want you to do the same for me. Put up or, again, go hug your teddy bear, sir.
    No cuz liberalism never works...

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22125

Quote Originally Posted by ChalkyDog View Post
    Obama backers, do you realize how fukking stupid it is to compare your President to the worst president in history.

Everytime an argument is made against Obama, it only hurts saying "well the worst president in history did it too"

- Crusty, C'mon man.
    Well there are some things that BUsh did well. He threw a strike in NY after 9/11

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22125

Quote Originally Posted by Balco10 View Post
    No cuz liberalism never works...
    Works fine in Germany where there CEO's don't need to make 10,000 times the worker, while laughing all the way to the banks cause somehow they have actual workers helping them with this greed, yet to stupid to no they are helping with it. Strong middle class creates a strong country slick. I know this is a hard concept for tea party ass hats to understand.

KKoz9
    KKoz9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 114

Quote Originally Posted by McBa1n View Post

There's that race card again lol

You know it is possible that intelligent people dislike this administration for it's empty promises and continuation of the same policies while criticizing those policies when someone else had them out of the other side of their mouth....WITHOUT being racist...or a Bush supporter, however irrelevant that may be.

News Flash, he only got elected because he was black and campaigned against Bush! What, was it his extensive experience and qualifications?

golfrulz
    golfrulz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 376

More TEApublican hypocrisy. Bush used Executive Privilege to protect Dick Cheney, Harriet Meiers - hide details of the killing of Pat Tillman

no gnu taxes
    no gnu taxes's Avatar Become A Pro!

Obama agrees to legalize offshore gambling from US customers

PSYCH!

Made you look.

Do you really think that numbnuts would ever show that much backbone?

And yeah, I know,Bush was always against it and never wavered on that. Didn't agree with him, but he had principles

KingJD31
    KingJD31's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7042

Quote Originally Posted by golfrulz View Post
    More TEApublican hypocrisy. Bush used Executive Privilege to protect Dick Cheney, Harriet Meiers - hide details of the killing of Pat Tillman
    Are you some type of sheep or something? What makes you think every republican agrees with everything bush did? start thinking for yourself and not just agree with everything your to lazy to work party says or does

rkelly110
    rkelly110's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10576

Now you're making them mad golf, better lay off.

Sam Odom

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Odom View Post

tblues , until (IF) a Dem congressperson condemns Holder he is 'safe' politically - But there will be pressure on Dems in tight races this fall to say something

Breaking outta Washington DC

"Several" Dems will vote to hold AG Holder in contempt of congress

Not good news for him or Obama

MC PICKS
    Update your status

Breaking outta Washington DC

"Several" Dems will vote to hold AG Holder in contempt of congress

Not good news for him or Obama
    Thursday is gonna be a bad day for democrats, healthcare is gonna get struck down by the court and holder is gonna be found in contempt and hauled off to that jail they have there in the capitol buiding. It will be a victory for real americans.

Sam Odom

Quote Originally Posted by ** PICKS View Post

...holder is gonna be found in contempt and hauled off to that jail they have there in the capitol buiding.

hardly... but that's funny after what Nancy Pelosi said

MC PICKS
    Update your status

hardly... but that's funny after what Nancy Pelosi said
    I just realized on friday the horrendous jobs numbers will be coming out too so the end of the week is not looking good for the dems. The count of obamas own party members of congress who are gonna no show the convention is now up to 9 and they had to switch venues today because the campaign didnt raise enough money. No wonder nothings getting done with this clown sinces hes out campaigning all the time, 3 times as many events as bush had back in 04 at this point in time. I know the libs like to compare the two so i thought i would throw that fact in there for them. I also think its funny how the libs hate fox news, i watch MSNBC strictly for entertainment purposes and have no ill will towards their spewing of misinformation at all, their programming is flat out comical.

Shaudius

...and they had to switch venues today because the campaign didnt raise enough money.
    You do realize the campaign doesn't fund the convention right? the DNC has a ban on direct corporate sponsorship of the convention, and the DNC didn't raise enough funds for the venue, at least thats the the story anyway. And its not the convention itself that is moving venues its the opening ceremony.

i watch MSNBC strictly for entertainment purposes and have no ill will towards their spewing of misinformation at all, their programming is flat out comical.
    From what I've seen on this forum you have no problem spewing your own misinformation all the time.

MC PICKS
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by Shaudius View Post
    From what I've seen on this forum you have no problem spewing your own misinformation all the time.
    Only time i made a mistake was confusing rezko with ayers which i owned up immediately, i am a consrvative therfore i am about as accurate as you can get. Nice try at deflection though about the DNC, point is they are not getting the support they thought they would. Gonna be a rough weekend for you people. The administration can feel it slipping away too and thats why they are playing the race card in every aspect now to try and divide us even more, very shameful but then again they are democrats so im not really that surprised.

ChalkyDog
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.
    ChalkyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

MC PICKS
    Update your status

I seriously think lawrence odonnell was high tonight during his program.

Shaudius

Only time i made a mistake was confusing rezko with ayers which i owned up immediately, i am a consrvative therfore i am about as accurate as you can get.
    You can't be serious with this comment, here are just some highlights of some of your many inaccurate statements that don't tell the full story or omit important details to fit your narrative.

Nice attempt at spin as usual. The point is no christian has a middle name of "hussein", explain that one genius. While your at it, explain how it was published in harvard law review that he was the 1st kenyan born president of it.
    It was never published in Harvard Law Review. You have to be referring to the author profile, which is a completely different thing entirely.

Or how about this gem from the same thread,

He still hasnt produced anything but a photo shopped birth certificate, eric bolling had an expert come in and break it down on his show follow the money.

If the birth certificate was photoshopped why did Hawaiian officials confirm its authenticity. Why have independent experts on Adobe shown that what you think are photoshopping marks are in fact not. Its also funny that you think the person that Eric Boling had on is an expert on anything related to photoshop or Adobe.

Or how about this one,

Its clear as day the president is involved, holder agreed to give up the documents last night and them obama comes out today with this shit.

Holder said he would give the documents in exchange for the contempt charges being dropped. Holder claims that Issa rejected the offer. There was never an agreement, because Issa rejected it, according to Holder. "Holder told reporters after the meeting that Republicans declined his offer to make the materials available. "I think the ball is in their court," Holder said. "They rejected what I thought was an extraordinary offer on our part."" But the Republicans tell a different story, what they say is that Holder didn't even bring the documents and the deal was only for them to be given later (Edit: which they rejected)

Nice try at deflection though about the DNC, point is they are not getting the support they thought they would. Gonna be a rough weekend for you people.
    No the point is that the DNC is not the campaign, you stated that it was the campaign, which is inaccurate. The DNC is not getting the support they thought they would for the convention though, so what? It doesn't mean people aren't supporting the campaign, maybe they just realize the election will be close and so would rather give their money to the campaign directly or a super PAC that can spend freely and not to hosting an event at a speedway.

The administration can feel it slipping away too and thats why they are playing the race card in every aspect now to try and divide us even more, very shameful but then again they are democrats so im not really that surprised.
    Where has the administration been playing the race card lately? Trying to divide whom from whom? 90% of black people are going to vote for Obama, a majority of Hispanics are as well, so who exactly is Obama trying to divide with the race card in order to get their vote? White people? Your arguments make no sense as usual.
    Last edited by Shaudius; 06-27-12 at 05:46 PM.

First 1234 Last