tommygun
    Hareeba! for Prime Minister
    tommygun's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 638

Quote Originally Posted by sportsguy04 View Post
    For these knockout rounds doesn't the ml go all the way up until penalty kicks? Like Portugal winning 1-0 after overtime I still win right?
    ask your sports book, it's usually the result after 90 minutes.

sweepem
    sweepem's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14221

For these knockout rounds doesn't the ml go all the way up until penalty kicks? Like Portugal winning 1-0 after overtime I still win right?
    lol no.

vasilli07
    vasilli07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10601

Football bets are only till regulation time(90 mins) + any added injury time. Extra time is not included.

This is unlike American sports like basketball or etc where bets includes ot.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Dont fukk me on this Goaty!!

mv09
    mv09's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2630

Portugal is not that great ...

Their last two games have had their possession drop from 44 percent to 38 percent
    Their passing percentage is the attacking third is a embarrassing 51 percent.

They dont have the ball often and when they do, they turn it over in the opponents penalty box area.
    Outside of Cristiano, they don't have much offensive firepower.
    This is going to be a low scoring game.

I'd lean Portugal, but wouldn't recommend unloading.

LostBankroll
    who is the bitch in my avy???
    LostBankroll's Avatar Become A Pro!

Czech to advance... You cant beat players that make 80 yard runs in support and end up with the clutch tally on the board... Watch it go to OT but they will advance.

LostBankroll
    who is the bitch in my avy???
    LostBankroll's Avatar Become A Pro!

Extra Time pardon me futbol fans.

Ace_of_Spades
    Golazo De Riverrrr!
    Ace_of_Spades's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

I'm going with the Czechs + Half. Think it ends 1-1.

tommygun
    Hareeba! for Prime Minister
    tommygun's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 638

NO WAY CZECH's win, mark my words

Ace_of_Spades
    Golazo De Riverrrr!
    Ace_of_Spades's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

Quote Originally Posted by tommygun View Post
    NO WAY CZECH's win, mark my words
    Did you think Sweden could win?

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

I don't understand this love for the Czech's. People think they're the Greece of 04? Portugal is just way faster especially on the wings. Czech will struggle to score even 1 goal, how can you bet on a team that is happy settling for a 0-0 draw into PK's?

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Quote Originally Posted by mv09 View Post

Their last two games have had their possession drop from 44 percent to 38 percent

They dont have the ball often and when they do, they turn it over in the opponents penalty box area.

Good points. Those stats are probably misleading because PORT is a fast paced team, they want to make things happen quickly, they are not a good possession team because lack depth in the midfield. But Nani is a world class player in my opinion and they are very strong at the back with Pepe leading them.

I honestly don't see the Czech's even scoring 1 goal. They are good defenders, I don't really know much about this czech team at all--not familiar with their roster but they are too one-note I think.

Portugal is too fast for them. I think they will have to be a bit creative too.

vasilli07
    vasilli07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10601

Quote Originally Posted by mv09 View Post

Possession means nothing if a team cannot score. Just look at Spain. They are the masters of ball possession with at least 65-70% of it every game. But in the 3 group games, they only score more than once in 1 game.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

I do like Portugal here, but I have a hard time making big wagers on games like these where teams will play for extra time/ pks

I like Nani/Christiano to connect here atleast once and Portugal has looked pretty solid to me overall......Just concerned about Czech grinding out a draw in regular time, which is a real possibility if Portugal doesn't strike early

Will be rooting for Portugal here with ya

Bbr
    Bbr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 414

How can you predict what's going to happen even before team formations are released. Dumbfounded. Bet in hope.

Bbr
    Bbr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 414

Poor capping to be polite. Insufficient rationale

Prime Sports
    Prime Sports's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 114

I like Portugal, the problem is that the team will play well if CR7 play well, but in the other side you have a poor team, the Czech Rep. and I don't see they wining or even draw this game... Anyway, good luck on your play, I probably will be in Portugal as well!!

kfranz31
    kfranz31's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1914

dont normally bet soccer but i like this also...good luck

Lookingtostart
    Lookingtostart's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4542

Took Czech ML and DNB, just small plays. I don't know how people here can be so confident on Portugal, even if they look the stronger team they should only be slight favourites.

secueritae
    secueritae's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2841

I don't follow soccer much, but this is elimination now right? I mean they'll go to a shootout if it ends in a draw?

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1800

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    I don't understand this love for the Czech's. People think they're the Greece of 04? Portugal is just way faster especially on the wings. Czech will struggle to score even 1 goal, how can you bet on a team that is happy settling for a 0-0 draw into PK's?
    They scored in every game........what makes you think they'll be settling for 0-0???

The only advantage they'll most likely have is the refs which is a big deal.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7635

Howard webb(ref for this game) works for manchester utd and he is a big fan of ronaldo. He also has an ego the size of mars. He can never let players just play he always needs to be the focus.

rthoughton
    rthoughton's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2101

THe Czechs kinda make me nervous. Port and Ronaldo the douche are formidable, no doubt, but Petr Cech could keep his in it. Look at what he did for that "weak" chelsea squad in the CL.
    Unloading on a money line in a 90'+ bet could be dangerous. Im not saying the 'gese wont romp, but dont be shocked if they struggle to score. bet portugal, sure, but dont blow your load.
    Im starting to consider a shot on the Czechs. esp ats. I cant book +0.5

everythingred
    everythingred's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2665

What I'm seeing is Czech Republic has been shooting up like crazy. I guess if you're betting for an underdog, it's best to bet right before it goes down.

JNic
    JNic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 290

sorry i'm a real noob with soccer, i know this is qf- knockout stage. i'm looking in sbr book if i bet portugal moneyline, does that mean they have to win in 90 minutes or is there a way to bet on them for to advance?

everythingred
    everythingred's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2665

Quote Originally Posted by JNic View Post
    sorry i'm a real noob with soccer, i know this is qf- knockout stage. i'm looking in sbr book if i bet portugal moneyline, does that mean they have to win in 90 minutes or is there a way to bet on them for to advance?
    That is under prop bets, but the odds are -200 to -300 area. If you bet on Portugal to win, they have to do it in regulation time (90 minutes).

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Howard webb(ref for this game) works for manchester utd and he is a big fan of ronaldo. He also has an ego the size of mars. He can never let players just play he always needs to be the focus.
    lakers right, hes the joey crawford of fifa, complete with the bald dome and everything.

Teaser Sucker
    Public Fader
    Teaser Sucker's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2017

Riding with Portugal as well. BOL.

theplagy
    Spurs !
    theplagy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Take Czech +.75, Lose 1/2 or win full amount, don't think there will be than 1 goal margin of victory, especially when the czechs will come out and play not to lose

Le_Donk
    In the Zone
    Le_Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1080

portugal is bad against defensive teams
    40 % of their goals scored in the qualifcation were scored outside the penalty box ( no other successful european club team has such a high number ). its very easy to defend against nani and ronaldo if you have 10 men behind the ball. postiga also sux
    also their build-up of the game is a joke, pepe and velosso are poorly passers.
    portugal way overrated because their perfomance against holland. ronaldo was only defened by one guy most of the time and they had a lot of space for counter attacks.

rosicky isnt starting thats why its now portugal -140

aznbluff
    Update your status
    aznbluff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 722

Quote Originally Posted by Le_Donk View Post
    portugal is bad against defensive teams
    40 % of their goals scored in the qualifcation were scored outside the penalty box ( no other successful european club team has such a high number ). its very easy to defend against nani and ronaldo if you have 10 men behind the ball. postiga also sux
    also their build-up of the game is a joke, pepe and velosso are poorly passers.
    portugal way overrated because their perfomance against holland. ronaldo was only defened by one guy most of the time and they had a lot of space for counter attacks.

rosicky isnt starting thats why its now portugal -140
    Read this.

People think that Portugal is good offensively. They are not, their D all suck at passing, Postiga is a liability in the center of attack, their midfield is poor and have no creativity. Ronaldo's speed and shot is a threat but the rest of his game is severely overrated.

They work decently enough defensively and are structured and are likely a better defensive than offensive team.

Dfjay9
    Dfjay9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3196

This ref avgs 3.2 yellows per game according to wikipedia. Not bad at all

rumnblack
    rumnblack's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Bbr View Post
    How can you predict what's going to happen even before team formations are released. Dumbfounded. Bet in hope.
    Why would you need the line-ups?

Portugal match up better in every department, including speed and skill.

They win in 90 mins.

A lot of people over-thinking this game.

mngambler
    mngambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3057

I'm not seeing any real solid bet on this game, so just to make it a little more interesting to watch I'll throw a little on Czech @ +500...BOL all

byronbb
    byronbb's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2284

Ill take czech +0.5 and +1 for 101 all day. The universe is on portugal.

First 123 Last