zoo youk
    zoo youk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1197

is Gordon Beckham ever gonna live up to his potential???? times running out...

he'll still be an every day player but this kid was touted just as big as Buster Posey was coming out of college, if not BIGGER. He absolutely ran through college baseball at Georgia.

had that good stint when he got called up than huge drop off.

PickWinnerAllDay
    I'd never gamble again for Taylor Swift
    PickWinnerAllDay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

I ask again, you said you write for the website now, how many threads do they require you make?

I bet the 2 white sox fans on this board don't even give a shit about Gordon Fukkin Beckham. No offense, just these threads are almost as bad as ttwarrior's.

PickWinnerAllDay

But to answer your question Beckham has had 1500+ at bats. He isn't going to get it without a small miracle. His confidence is gone.

zoo youk

Im not required to make any threads you whiny little btch.. If u dont give a fk dont comment... U obvioudly didnt see the kid own the college world series.. He was supposed to be a huge player. Sorry you lost on white sox and your 5k under and your asssholes swoll

zoo youk

Now if i started the thread on starlin castro youd be foaming at the mouth comments left and right.

PickWinnerAllDay

lol your threads suck, don't be butt hurt about it.

Mets blow 9-1 lead
    Is Gordon Beckham ever going to be good
    What do you guys think of the Phillies
    Roy Halladay is good

Your threads are as mindless and stupid as ttwarrior's, so I was hoping you had a thread quota.

taxe91
    taxe91's Avatar Become A Pro!

i think we can officially call him a bust. there were so many already regrettable top 10 picks in that draft class: tim beckham, pedro alvarez, brian matusz, gordon beckham himself.

then you look at who went after that and theres future studs like brett lawrie, jemile weeks, gerrit cole. some teams must be kicking themselves

ZetaPsi808
    July 2011 Poster of the Month
    ZetaPsi808's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1982

Quote Originally Posted by PickWinnerAllDay View Post
    I ask again, you said you write for the website now, how many threads do they require you make?

I bet the 2 white sox fans on this board don't even give a shit about Gordon Fukkin Beckham. No offense, just these threads are almost as bad as ttwarrior's.
    there is no need to attack zoo yook

was beckham drafted #2 overall?
    Last edited by ZetaPsi808; 06-16-12 at 04:08 AM.

turtlejc
    turtlejc's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Die hard sox fan since I was 4...I'm now 26...would love to see another 2B..also piss wasted and on some drugs but still the kid will never live up to what we thought he was a few years ago

HotStreak
    Smokin'
    HotStreak's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 901

Maybe he's the type of guy who juiced in college just to get the pro payday, and doesn't want to risk health issues by continuing it to be a star MLB player. Even if he didn't juice in college, maybe getting some money took away his motivation. Happens to a lot of guys. Lastly, he wouldn't be the first guy who couldn't hit pro pitching that owned college ball.

Beckham is 25 or 26. Just short of those prime years when your wisdom and physical ability cross path's. Don't be surprised if he puts up a career year just as he comes due for free agency. That seems to happen a lot too.

zoo youk

Quote Originally Posted by PickWinnerAllDay View Post
    lol your threads suck, don't be butt hurt about it.

Mets blow 9-1 lead
    Is Gordon Beckham ever going to be good
    What do you guys think of the Phillies
    Roy Halladay is good

Your threads are as mindless and stupid as ttwarrior's, so I was hoping you had a thread quota.
    none of them thread titles are mine dumb ass

zoo youk

Quote Originally Posted by HotStreak View Post
    Maybe he's the type of guy who juiced in college just to get the pro payday, and doesn't want to risk health issues by continuing it to be a star MLB player. Even if he didn't juice in college, maybe getting some money took away his motivation. Happens to a lot of guys. Lastly, he wouldn't be the first guy who couldn't hit pro pitching that owned college ball.

Beckham is 25 or 26. Just short of those prime years when your wisdom and physical ability cross path's. Don't be surprised if he puts up a career year just as he comes due for free agency. That seems to happen a lot too.
    most likely

opie1988
    I have a MAJOR fukkin clue..
    opie1988's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

Pickwinners.......back off Zoo.

Last Warning.

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

5teamparlay
    WINNING!!!
    5teamparlay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1223

White Sox fan checking in here:

Beckham is hitting .333 with four home runs and 14 RBIs in his past 17 games...

Keep it up Gordon...

lunchbawks
    NB#
    lunchbawks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 173

beckham is burying me, who is this guy

presley177
    presley177's Avatar Become A Pro!

Another Sox fan here. He was money when he first came up but then he developed a hitch in his swing and started trying to pull everything. He won't turn into the batting champ contender they envisioned but he can play a near gold glove defense and could be a very productive .270 20 hr 80 RBI guy in the near future

ToPHeR
    ToPHeR's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1917

Quote Originally Posted by taxe91 View Post
    i think we can officially call him a bust. there were so many already regrettable top 10 picks in that draft class: tim beckham, pedro alvarez, brian matusz, gordon beckham himself.

then you look at who went after that and theres future studs like brett lawrie, jemile weeks, gerrit cole. some teams must be kicking themselves
    Weezy, that's my boy. I played college ball with him down at The U! Him, Yonder Alonso, Yasmani Grandal, Chris Perez, Ryan Braun (year before me) etc...Name another team with that much talent coming from it starting in the majors....

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2380

I think the White Sox rushed him to the big leagues and stunted his growth, he had a few things he need to work on in the Minors that they neglected to let him do. He's had to learn at the MLB level, and i'm not sure that he has the mental make up for that.

he is coming into his prime years, and I don't think its over for him yet, I think he could still have a breakout year, he just turned 26 a few days ago, so he'll be 26 pretty much all of next season too.

Sox are lucky to not need a ton of production from a few positions as they got bats everywhere. I'm more perplexed by Alexei Ramirez's lack of development