Betpoints: 4627

Mad Sonic Fans?

Inkwell77
    Inkwell77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2413

Speedy88
    Speedy88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1636

Everyone here in Seattle is rooting for Miami.

easysaid
    easysaid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 723

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy88 View Post
    Everyone here in Seattle is rooting for Miami.
    More importantly who are you rooting for?

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Seattle and Cleveland fans rooting just as hard as the two fan bases in the Finals.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

Quote Originally Posted by Cuse0323 View Post
    Seattle and Cleveland fans rooting just as hard as the two fan bases in the Finals.
    You might be right. Lol

Speedy88

Quote Originally Posted by easysaid View Post
    More importantly who are you rooting for?
    Heat

bighawk12
    SEATTLE
    bighawk12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 891

Dont care, as long as im making money

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

The people of Seattle didn't like the prospect of a new stadium. They made their bed and can lay in it.

FuzzyDunlop
    Poster of the Month October 2015
    FuzzyDunlop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 61

Big_Slim
    Big_Slim's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 410

At least Seattle still have the Seahawks and Mariners....OKC only have the Thunder

chopperocker
    Hang on baby, cuz life's a BITCH!!!
    chopperocker's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55608

Name:  SSMar.jpg
Views: 223
Size:  89.6 KB

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

Quote Originally Posted by Big_Slim View Post
    At least Seattle still have the Seahawks and Mariners....OKC only have the Thunder

What a consolation prize. Pete Carroll and ichiro.

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Too bad, if Sonics kept their team, they'd suck. Sonics front office was making bad basketball decisions prior to the teams departure. The biggest reason OKC is so good today is not just KD, but also Sam Presti. He pretty much is responsible for the drafting of Westbrook, Harden, Ibaka and the devopment of the young guys. He was groomed in San Antonio, another small market and knows how to build these organizations. He never would have went to Seattle.

With that said, Seattle is still pretty.

Big_Slim
    Big_Slim's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 410

Quote Originally Posted by seaborneq View Post
    What a consolation prize. Pete Carroll and ichiro.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

Quote Originally Posted by SBR Lou View Post
    The people of Seattle didn't like the prospect of a new stadium. They made their bed and can lay in it.
    jesus lou how many stadiums can the people of seattle afford? why can't the owners or the nba spend their own money instead of taxing the people? and for what? to get charged an arm and a leg for tickets, food, and beer? c'mon now, learn from los angeles. we won't pay for a stadium and we don't need a fuckin team. if they want to entertain us and try to make money from us, they should be the ones paying for their stadiums, not the people of the city...

honestly, it looks like starbucks boy ruined the sonics. bad owners equate to bad teams, bad teams equate to low ticket sales, low ticket sales equate to loss of money, loss of money equates to loss of a franchise. simple as that, don't blame the people, blame the owner...
    Points Awarded:

bighawk12 gave Ghenghis Kahn 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

MUHerd37
    Status Your Update.
    MUHerd37's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10678

I could give a fukk about Seattle. Hope OKC wins this shit!

Speedy88

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    Too bad, if Sonics kept their team, they'd suck. Sonics front office was making bad basketball decisions prior to the teams departure. The biggest reason OKC is so good today is not just KD, but also Sam Presti. He pretty much is responsible for the drafting of Westbrook, Harden, Ibaka and the devopment of the young guys. He was groomed in San Antonio, another small market and knows how to build these organizations. He never would have went to Seattle.

With that said, Seattle is still pretty.
    You got your facts all twisted. Presti was the GM in Seattle, he was the one who drafted Durant, traded Ray Allen, etc. If the team were in Seattle it would be the same team as it is now.

ChalkyDog
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.
    ChalkyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Lou, an avid republican, stating it's the billionaires fault, for not taxing the people of Seattle for a new arena when the arena they had was perfectly acceptable.

The people of Seattle acted fiscally responsible. And Lou, it is your opinion that they screwed up?

Seattle got screwed by Stern. Plain and simple.

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by ChalkyDog View Post
    The people of Seattle acted fiscally responsible.
    Sure, and lost their team as a result. Too bad.

ChalkyDog
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.
    ChalkyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Why does one need to continue to build stadiums to keep a team?

Look at what is happening in PHX, with all their damn stadium building. The Coyotes were just sold for pennies, in the mean time they were being propped up by the local government.

Seattle is a basketball town. There needs to be a team there. All the franchises that could have moved, Seattle's wasn't the one, especially the way it happened.

The people of Seattle should be commended, not punished for acting correctly.

BuddyBear
    Update your status
    BuddyBear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4805

I've heard that the Pistons could end up moving to Seattle.

lunchbawks
    NB#
    lunchbawks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 173

sonic fans lmao get over it, noone wants to play in rainy seattle all winter.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR

The Kraken

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy88 View Post
    You got your facts all twisted. Presti was the GM in Seattle, he was the one who drafted Durant, traded Ray Allen, etc. If the team were in Seattle it would be the same team as it is now.

He only went to Seattle because Bennett and McClendon bought the team. He knew by then Seattle was coming to OKC. He was groomed in a small market in the Midwest and new he'd be returning to a small market in the Midwest. He was hired in 2007, Bennet et al. bought the team in 2006.
    Last edited by The Kraken; 06-14-12 at 01:50 PM.

sooner13
    sooner13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 448

If the Seattle fan base put as much effort into loving their team when they had it, as they do hating on OKC and rooting for Miami then maybe they'd still have a team. Bottom line.....OKC has the best NBA atmospere and fans as everyone now knows..... it was a good move.
    If Seattle can get another team....try and be grateful and hold onto this one!

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR

Quote Originally Posted by sooner13 View Post
    try and be grateful and hold onto this one!
    that's a stupid attitude to have. fans should be grateful? that shit only works in small markets where the whole city has nothing better to do than worship stupid fuckin athletes. seattle is a big enough city where people shouldn't succumb to the owner's demands. wake the **** up before you realize what a dumbass you are!!!!

The Kraken

Quote Originally Posted by Ghenghis Kahn View Post
    that's a stupid attitude to have. fans should be grateful? that shit only works in small markets where the whole city has nothing better to do than worship stupid fuckin athletes. seattle is a big enough city where people shouldn't succumb to the owner's demands. wake the **** up before you realize what a dumbass you are!!!!
    This is a pretty stupid attitued to have as well. Basically if you adopt this attitude, please do not bitch and moan when a team picks up and leaves. Seattle gambled and lost. However, their loss is nowhere near as great as OKC's gain.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR

i'm not bitching and moaning. i'm not even from seattle. i'm from la, i didn't moan and cry when the raiders and the rams both left. i have loyalty to no teams since i know the owners don't give a **** about their fans when it really comes down to it. their main concern is how to make profit. so it makes me laugh when people say "we", like they are actually part of the team or something. last time i checked you have to pay to watch "them" play...

Sport_Fish
    Sport_Fish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2039

Seattle

The Kraken

I suffer from codependency therefore I need the Thunder. I don't think I could continue living if they left OKC.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR

small markets like okc, you guys have no choice. but how in the hell did you guys survive before they got there?

The Kraken

I agree, small markets have different attitudes towards their teams. We feel a connection to them and get very defensive about any negative remarks directed at them. Quite weird people we are.

Prior to them, we survived off of OU Sooners. This is a college town. OU and OSU. I believe that's why it's believed we have one of the best fan bases because we bring a college atmosphere to an NBA game. As someone that goes to most games, it's a lot more fun to participate in when everyone is involved and cheering. There is almost a palpable energy. It can be very titilating.

Sometimes I watch the Heat play at home and the fans look like zombies. They just sit there. It's just different in small cities.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4627

Quote Originally Posted by Ghenghis Kahn View Post
    it makes me laugh when people say "we", like they are actually part of the team or something. last time i checked you have to pay to watch "them" play...
    That sh!t cracks me up too.

frogsrangers
    Zackary > Angelito
    frogsrangers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5421

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    I agree, small markets have different attitudes towards their teams. We feel a connection to them and get very defensive about any negative remarks directed at them. Quite weird people we are.

Prior to them, we survived off of OU Sooners. This is a college town. OU and OSU. I believe that's why it's believed we have one of the best fan bases because we bring a college atmosphere to an NBA game. As someone that goes to most games, it's a lot more fun to participate in when everyone is involved and cheering. There is almost a palpable energy. It can be very titilating.

Sometimes I watch the Heat play at home and the fans look like zombies. They just sit there. It's just different in small cities.
    It's because in the larger cities all the good seats that you see on TV are all bought by corporate businessmen and rich people.

The businessmen usually spin off their tickets to entertain clients. The rich people usually aren't as engaged.

In OKC, Utah, Portland, etc. the good seats on TV are owned by actual, passionate fans, which is why their fans are louder and better.

Heck TCU games are louder than Mavericks games and that is saying something considering TCU hasn't sold out their arena in a while for basketball. It's because the only engaged loud rowdy Mavs fans are sitting in the nosebleeds while a bunch of suit and ties are taking up the lower bowl.

12 Last