pronk
    pronk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Teofilo Stevenson dead, he was 60

Cuba said goodbye on Tuesday to heavyweight boxing great Teofilo Stevenson, who won three Olympic gold medals and became a symbol of communist pride when he refused to fight for money.
    A day after he died of a heart attack at age 60, Stevenson was buried in Havana's historic Colon Cemetery, where about 200 people gave him a long round of applause and sang the Cuban national anthem.

At his peak, Stevenson was a symbol of the purity of amateur sport idealized by Fidel Castro, who banned professional athletics after taking power in Cuba's 1959 revolution. He was also a powerful propaganda tool for the island's communist system.
    Tall, graceful and powerful, he was considered by many the equal of Muhammad Ali, the professional heavyweight boxing champion who himself won an Olympic gold medal in 1960, but he rejected a $5 million offer to fight him.

AraiWa
    One bet away
    AraiWa's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

Grew up watching him as a kid-he was something special. So young to go too. Bummer.

probettor1
    probettor1's Avatar Become A Pro!

One gorilla less in the jungle. i'm not talking about black people, I'm talking about stevenson. He had the brain of a gorilla.

Digo
    Digo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 399

Quote Originally Posted by probettor1 View Post
    One gorilla less in the jungle. i'm not talking about black people, I'm talking about stevenson. He had the brain of a gorilla.
    LOL, show some respect man...

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29054

Quote Originally Posted by probettor1 View Post
    ur post shows your brain not much better

probettor1

Quote Originally Posted by 5mike5 View Post
    ur post shows your brain not much better
    Cuando se disponia a tomar el avión con rumbo a Cuba, el Ex-Campeon de Boxeo, Cubano Teofilo Stevenson, se negó rotundamente a que su equipaje, fuera requisado por una empleada del Areopuerto a la insistencia de la misma esta bestia Castrista se enfureció y agredió a la empleada, la cual fué trasladada a un hospital con la rotura de varios dientes, y golpes en la cara que devinieron en grandes hematomas y rotura de la piel facial,

Hace unos años, el tricampeón olímpico Teófilo Stevenson incurrió en el extraño delito de "terrorismo deportivo". Se cuenta que, ultrajado por la infidelidad de su esposa, colocó una bomba casera en el auto del amante de ésta. El irracional acto del famoso boxeador fue perdonado.

I hope you can read spanish, if not use the google translator. .

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO

i wouldnt waste my time

PickWinnerAllDay
    I'd never gamble again for Taylor Swift
    PickWinnerAllDay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Life is too short.

probettor1

i wouldnt waste my time

When he was about to take the plane to Cuba, Ex-Boxing Champion, Cuban Teofilo Stevenson, refused flatly to his luggage was seized by an employee from the Airport to the insistence of the same beast Castro was furious and assaulted the maid, which was taken to a hospital with several broken teeth and bruises on his face that became in severe bruising and facial skin breakdown, A few years ago, the three-time Olympian Teofilo Stevenson committed the odd crime of "terrorism sport." It is said that, outraged by the infidelity of his wife, placed a homemade bomb in the car's lover. The irrational act of the famous boxer was forgiven.

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO

WOW!

actually glad u did translate

probettor1

WOW!

actually glad u did translate
    I wouldn't trash a world champion for nothing, add to that the fact that he was comunist. He could have made millions but decided to support Castro. There is a lot more to say but ...who cares.