SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

After watching the fight a second time....

I watched it without volume. HBO commentators were extremely lopsided, little commentary was made if any on Bradley's clean shots.

Before giving my scorecard (the first time I simply "watched" & agreed Pac won the "fight").

• Pac really did not win Round 1. If you gave him round one because of the three clean effective shots he landed in the closing seconds, you probably gave him any other round where you saw a flurry late because it looked as though they were the only "meaningful" punches. That is, punches successful in backing Bradley up or prompting a hug.

• Bradley hurt both his left and right foot. He rolled an ankle in round four, and it's no surprise that in that round, he looked as if he might go down. The rounds he lost early and where he looked extremely flat-footed were a result of the immediate effects of the injuries he sustained.

• After starting the fight well and believing he won the first four rounds (1 and 2 were very close, and easy to score differently, 3 and 4 were pretty clear Pac rounds), he took rd 5 and 6 off. He slowed his aggression and jacked up his punch count in the last minute of each rd. I believe it was rd 5 where he had 8 punches in the first 2 minutes and 16 in the last minute ---- and many of the "flurry" punches were wild and in bunches, few clean, solid shots as we saw throughout the first few rounds. Great at padding Compubox stats, and it is why looking at the final stats without watching the bout can be deceiving.

• Pac stepped it up a bit & generally landed the better and more noticeable shots in rds 7, 8, and 9. I had him winning each.

• Feeling he had it in the bag by winning the "close" or "uneventful" rounds where he was not hurt at all by Bradley, he again slowed down and began to take a one-sided approach. Bradley was consistent, his ring generalship was more apparent, he looked as though he was being busier with both his movement and footwork. He never hurt Manny, never drew the crowd's support, and never seemed to impress the commentators. However, it's certainly arguable that he did enough to be awarded rds 10, 11, and 12.

My score after watching the muted match & trying to grade by the book:

Pac
    113 Bradley 115
    rd 1 9 10
    rd 2 9 10
    rd 3 10 9
    rd 4 10 9
    rd 5 9 10
    rd 6 9 10
    rd 7 10 9
    rd 8 10 9
    rd 9 10 9
    rd 10 9 10
    rd 11 9 10
    rd 12 9 10
    Points Awarded:

GamblerSpirit gave SBR Lou 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Extra Innings gave SBR Lou 5 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 4 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Extra Innings, Swinging Johnson, jjgold, and hockey216

Br0nxer
    July 2012 Poster of the Month
    Br0nxer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 888

Photobucket
    Points Awarded:

crustyme gave Br0nxer 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

ChuckyTheGoat gave Br0nxer 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

secretstash
    secretstash's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 45

interesting take on this lou.

i won money on bradley but i still am unsure he actually won the fight.. but i do think that round 1 was his and clearly so was 11 and 12.. might have to check out some other rounds

-stash

Deuce
    Eddie Mush
    Deuce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3519

Bradley broke his foot.

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22125

No champion fighting someone not many know loses all the close rounds like u have him. U got to beat a champion to take the title and Pac didn't even have one hair out of place. In my book if the round is close u give it to Pac not the other way around.

frizzelli
    frizzelli's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Quote Originally Posted by secretstash View Post
    interesting take on this lou.

i won money on bradley but i still am unsure he actually won the fight.. but i do think that round 1 was his and clearly so was 11 and 12.. might have to check out some other rounds

-stash
    Stash when we fight I guarentee I will knock you out in the first 30 seconds. Tell me when you arrive in my country.

ebbearsfb1
    ebbearsfb1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1694

Nice analysis lou.. let everyone say fix or listen to the annoucers

YorkHunt
    I JUST RELEASED
    YorkHunt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1507

Lou did mayweathers jizz wake ya pal?
    Points Awarded:

crustyme gave YorkHunt 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

SBR Lou

Quote Originally Posted by Thor4140 View Post
    No champion fighting someone not many know loses all the close rounds like u have him. U got to beat a champion to take the title and Pac didn't even have one hair out of place. In my book if the round is close u give it to Pac not the other way around.
    That logic is how folks explained his win over Marquez. This time, you can certainly argue it went against him. But was it "rigged"? Was it a "scam"? The three judges have a combined 50+ years of experience.

It was not a particularly spectacular fight either way. A KO from either man would have went a long way.

bobby heenan
    Update your status
    bobby heenan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 75

lou...i totally understand the hbo commentary crew and their bias towards manny.....at least lampley...he goes overboard.......he loves manny....its always there...and you def see it differently with the volume off.....but bradley didnt win the fight

ChalkyDog
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.
    ChalkyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Good analysis.

I do believe the HBO commentary is what really skewed the fight.

billysink
    billysink's Avatar Become A Pro!

Does this qualify as a valiant attempt at damage control by an industry representative concerned with waning credibility? The industry has fallen under scrutiny of late for the Pac/Bradley debauchle, the wide spread perception that the NBA finals were "set" and the mysterious late scratch of a potential Triple Crown winner.

Gaming has lost some credibility of late hasn't it Lou.

Anyone who lays a dime on a boxing match moving forward should have their head read. Numbers do not lie. Punches thrown, landed and measured as effective told the story.

Perhaps the judges had earplugs in their ears?

bobby heenan
    Update your status

i absolutely loathe the whole "you have to beat the champ to take his title"......as if you have to do more than just win the fight to win the fight.....its horeshit....let the judges score the fight.....just two guys in the ring....its hard enough when most challengers have to overcome a home crowd disadvantage...

Thor4140

Quote Originally Posted by bobby heenan View Post
    i absolutely loathe the whole "you have to beat the champ to take his title"......as if you have to do more than just win the fight to win the fight.....its horeshit....let the judges score the fight.....just two guys in the ring....its hard enough when most challengers have to overcome a home crowd disadvantage...
    Dude im saying if it is close the champ deserves it. Go in there and take the fuking title if u can and not go point fighting like a pussy. If u are debating a round and not sure than the champ deserves it for being the champ.

Thor4140

Quote Originally Posted by SBR Lou View Post
    That logic is how folks explained his win over Marquez. This time, you can certainly argue it went against him. But was it "rigged"? Was it a "scam"? The three judges have a combined 50+ years of experience.

It was not a particularly spectacular fight either way. A KO from either man would have went a long way.
    The Marquez fight was ten times closer than this one.

bobby heenan
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by billysink View Post
    Does this qualify as a valiant attempt at damage control by an industry representative concerned with waning credibility? The industry has fallen under scrutiny of late for the Pac/Bradley debauchle, the wide spread perception that the NBA finals were "set" and the mysterious late scratch of a potential Triple Crown winner.

Gaming has lost some credibility of late hasn't it Lou.

Anyone who lays a dime on a boxing match moving forward should have their head read. Numbers do not lie. Punches thrown, landed and measured as effective told the story.

Perhaps the judges had earplugs in their ears?
    i make alot of dough betting on boxing...it can easy to read...but you have to look at alot of factors....you cant just cap the fight and styles....

you have to look at promoters....whos fighting in their hometown or adopted hometown.....promoters/fighters relationships with networks.....if a promoter has both guys under contract who does he benefit more from if they win.....

take a look at abril/rios...pwill/lara....campillo/cloud.....

this was a wild one...but if you pay attention you can make money in this sport....although alot of fights are juiced ridiculously

Thor4140

Why would anyone take anything Lampley said as gold? The guy might be the most blind person in all of professional sports. Unless u barely watch boxing u should know Lampley is semi retarded.

bobby heenan
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by Thor4140 View Post
    Why would anyone take anything Lampley said as gold? The guy might be the most blind person in all of professional sports. Unless u barely watch boxing u should know Lampley is semi retarded.
    the average, casual, fucktard boxing fan would....as would a blind phillipino loyalist who doesnt really know shit about boxing....actually there isnt any difference between the two

billysink
    billysink's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by bobby heenan View Post
    i make alot of dough betting on boxing...it can easy to read...but you have to look at alot of factors....you cant just cap the fight and styles....

you have to look at promoters....whos fighting in their hometown or adopted hometown.....promoters/fighters relationships with networks.....if a promoter has both guys under contract who does he benefit more from if they win.....

take a look at abril/rios...pwill/lara....campillo/cloud.....

this was a wild one...but if you pay attention you can make money in this sport....although alot of fights are juiced ridiculously
    Glad you are making a buck. You are clearly stating that the sport is not on the up and up, which is and has been quite obvious.

I refuse to and have refused for many, many years now to acknowledge boxing, horse racing or NBA basketball as viable wagering options.
    Last edited by billysink; 06-10-12 at 08:45 PM.

Preston09
    You eat pieces of shit for breakfast?
    Preston09's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

I just dont see it. Marquez fight was way closer than this. Pretty good show by Bradley tho.

paranoyd androyd
    paranoyd androyd's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 134523

with a broken left foot and a swollen right ankle pacroid still couldn't dominate bradley

hels
    hels's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm reading 'The Power of One' right now. Hands down this is the best book I've ever read. I definitely recommend the read or if you're lazy watch the movie.

I have to agree that the champ needs to be beat. Pac wasn't beat and the title doesn't deserve to change hands. Obviously there will be a rematch and Bradley will probably win that too.

SBR Lou

Quote Originally Posted by paranoyd androyd View Post
    with a broken left foot and a swollen right ankle pacroid still couldn't dominate bradley
    Gutty performance. His corner stayed on his ass and he sucked it up and let adrenaline carry him through.

crustyme
    dont i look killer?
    crustyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

you know, had pacquiao won unanimously, 119-110 on all 3 judges cards, not one person here wouldve disagreed. no one would be yelling fix or that bradley was robbed. because everyone watched the same thing: pac-man destroying him.

but since the decision went the other way, every pacquiao hater/gayweather fanboys coming out of woodwork to justify it, even though not one of them said the fight was close and thought bradley should win immediately after the fight.

bunch of clowns.

Points Awarded:

NYSportsGuy210 gave crustyme 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: dww123

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

Ban this poster, though Bradley may have won legit if he did not get hurt

bobby heenan
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by hels View Post
    I'm reading 'The Power of One' right now. Hands down this is the best book I've ever read. I definitely recommend the read or if you're lazy watch the movie.

I have to agree that the champ needs to be beat. Pac wasn't beat and the title doesn't deserve to change hands. Obviously there will be a rematch and Bradley will probably win that too.
    i dont think pac was beat last night

thats not what im saying...i just hate the whole idea......in essence its like saying a challenger cant win unless he clearly wins 8 rounds to 4........just let the guys fight....score the fight the right way...or to the best of ones ability without the champion/challenger bias.......

problem is...different judges look for different things....

Thor4140

Quote Originally Posted by crustyme View Post
    you know, had pacquiao won unanimously, 119-110 on all 3 judges cards, not one person here wouldve disagreed. no one would be yelling fix or that bradley was robbed. because everyone watched the same thing: pac-man destroying him.

but since the decision went the other way, every pacquiao hater/gayweather fanboys coming out of woodwork to justify it, even though not one of them said the fight was close and thought bradley should win immediately after the fight.

bunch of clowns.

Can't argue with that

bobby heenan
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by crustyme View Post

bunch of clowns.

im a floyd "fanboy"....pac won the fight...it was a robbery......now...i will say i dont think it was a coincidence...just a random act of incompetent judges

bob arum protects his money earners......this is a fight in which both guys are under contract......manny pac is his golden cash cow....hes not losing a fight unless bob wants him to.....not a fight that wasnt even really close

Dank_Fire
    Dank_Fire's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5453

I remember a few months back Brandon Rios won some bs decision over Richard Abril. I swear Bob Arum grooms these guys to be main events. LOL Brandon cant even make weight

bettilimbroke999
    bettilimbroke999's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 506

I like you Lou but I mean seriously man c'mon.

This was one of the biggest rigs in sports history, Pacman just kinda smiled and wasnt paying attention when they announced it...he knew the decision already and it just sets up another 30 mil payday for him in the November rematch which hell win, its just business as usual in boxing, its hard to get upset about a decision which guarantees you another 30 minute workout for 30 mil

SBR Lou

Quote Originally Posted by rm18 View Post
    Ban this poster, though Bradley may have won legit if he did not get hurt
    He'll certainly have a chance to shut people up if he wins decisively. I'll be called a homer here, but remember Floyd edging out Jose Luis Castillo with a shoulder injury in what was a debated decision. He ended the conversation when he won easily in the immediate rematch. It'd be great if Bradley follows up and does the same. Ironically Jerry Roth was also a judge in that fight.

wal66
    wal66's Avatar Become A Pro!

Lou, I like ya but you don't work for any boxing federation so unlike at SBR there is no need to justify the blatant bullshit.

bobby heenan
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by Dank_Fire View Post
    I remember a few months back Brandon Rios won some bs decision over Richard Abril. I swear Bob Arum grooms these guys to be main events. LOL Brandon cant even make weight
    ive referenced that fight in other threads here on this subject...its a prime example...rios is young and mexican...hes being groomed and won a horrible decision against abril.....

arum is not letting pac lose a fight, that he clearly won, unless he wants him to...

if this had happened against ricky hatton, who was with golden boy at the time, hed have been outraged and going ballistic....last night he was pretty calm.....now today, after reading/hearing what people are saying, hes saying "there wont be a rematch unless the nevada attorny general launches an investigation"......he wasnt saying that shit last night...he was saying "im not even gonna bother"

spankie
    Long Live Rodney!
    spankie's Avatar Become A Pro!

wow really.

hawley
    hawley's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

Crazy Lou

1234 Last