InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

Lebron's legacy at stake on Thursday?

guy's been playing great and was tremendous in the key 2-1 game vs. indiana

but if he doesn't lead them to a W thursday it will just be another black mark on his career, regardless of whether that's fair or not in this case

lunchbawks
    NB#
    lunchbawks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 173

his legacy? lebrons legacy is blowing games in the 4th quarter. this series is over, boston could avtually beat OKC too

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

James playing great

Heat have college players

Wade overrated

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

yeah but LOTS of people seem to just expect that he's going to win multiple titles like its a given

reality sets in if they cant even get to the finals

greenhippo
    greenhippo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 723

I was hoping going into the conference finals for a SA/B matchup. Will see after tomorrow if that's still a possibility.

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

Depends on how he plays but in the minds of many yes. And another one for the potential game 7.

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6892

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    James playing great

Heat have college players

Wade overrated
    STFU... same bs excuse made in 07 thru 2010 for him on Cavs

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11139

Lebron needs more help... Where have I heard that before?

Here's my starting lineup in order to get the chosen 1 a token ring along with his 2 butt buddies.

PG - Jesus
    SG - Wade
    SF - Lechoke
    PF - Bosh
    C - Moses

Ledick did get one thing right... "not 1, not 2, not 3..."
    Points Awarded:

Fishhead gave Mac4Lyfe 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

chico2663 gave Mac4Lyfe 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

Basketball is a team game Michael Jordan and Kobe were the best players in the league and their teams did not even finish .500 when they had nothing around them and no Phil Jackson

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by rm18 View Post
    Basketball is a team game Michael Jordan and Kobe were the best players in the league and their teams did not even finish .500 when they had nothing around them and no Phil Jackson
    Who else do you want Lebron to have to get him a ring? Should the Heat get Chris Paul and Dwight Howard too?

Dam, he's got Wade a top 5 player and Bosh a top 15 (arguably top 10). What other team in the history of basketball had 3 of the top 15 players in the league? Stop with the excuses. Jordan and Bryant didn't have 2 superstar sidekicks.

This is basketball. You don't need a deep bench in crunch time. Who steps up for the Heat in crunch time? Wade? not tonight. Lebron? not in the final minute. Unfortunately for the Heat when the going get's tough Lebron get's going and his teammates can't deliver. Any other superstar, like Jordan or Kobe would have taken over that game in the last 2 minutes. Who can the Heat rely on? Who knows? Pierce struggled most of the game but come crunch time he stepped up.

Jeffie
    Jeffie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1163

I dont understand why he doesnt take over the game in the final minutes. The dude can get any shot he wants yet wade gets the ball in the end. If i was Lebron id say give me the ball and get the fawk out of the way.

Inkwell77
    Inkwell77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2413

He will play a hell of a game in game 6.

rm18
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    Who else do you want Lebron to have to get him a ring? Should the Heat get Chris Paul and Dwight Howard too?

Dam, he's got Wade a top 5 player and Bosh a top 15 (arguably top 10). What other team in the history of basketball had 3 of the top 15 players in the league? Stop with the excuses. Jordan and Bryant didn't have 2 superstar sidekicks.

Wade a bad fit Bosh not healthy, trade Wade for Goran Dragic they are a better team

This is basketball. You don't need a deep bench in crunch time. Who steps up for the Heat in crunch time? Wade? not tonight. Lebron? not in the final minute. Unfortunately for the Heat when the going get's tough Lebron get's going and his teammates can't deliver. Any other superstar, like Jordan or Kobe would have taken over that game in the last 2 minutes. Who can the Heat rely on? Who knows? Pierce struggled most of the game but come crunch time he stepped up.
    Lakers in the late 60's early 70's had 3 of the top 5 players Chamberlain, West, Baylor and did not win. Other teams who won probably did as well but ironically the only team with hands down 3 top 15 players did not win.

Celtics with Bird McHale Parish?
    Lakers Worthy, Magic, Kareem?
    Bulls Jordan, Pippen, Rodman?
    Lakers Shaq Kobe Jones?(did not win)

Wade and Lebron do not fit and Bosh is hurt I did not expect the Heat to win this series but it does not mean Lebron is no the best player in the game winning titles is about your whole team.

rm18
    Update your status

Lakers: Kobe/Gasol/Odom?
    Celtics: Pierce/Rondo/KG?

rm18
    Update your status

Warriors: Webber/Mullin/Sprewell(did not win)
    Warriors: Hardaway/Mullin/Richmond(did not win)

maybe Chris Mullin was overrated lol

tatommack
    cowboys make the playoffs
    tatommack's Avatar Become A Pro!

This is why I'm so pissed mark Cuban blew up the Mavs in hopes for d Williams. Mavs had a great team last year why blow a championship team that could be winners for the next 3 years. This will blow up in Cubans face.

rm18
    Update your status

Lakers arguably have 3 of the top 15 players right now but a bad fit because no shooting, guys who can go off the dribble or speed

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

the reason why miami lost tonight wasn't due to lebron. the reason was their transition defense sucked ass. boston got easy baskets every time miami scored in the 4th quarter. you can't win games by giving up easy shots at home...

Mac4Lyfe

Lakers in the late 60's early 70's had 3 of the top 5 players Chamberlain, West, Baylor and did not win. Other teams who won probably did as well but ironically the only team with hands down 3 top 15 players did not win.

Celtics with Bird McHale Parish?
    Lakers Worthy, Magic, Kareem?
    Bulls Jordan, Pippen, Rodman?
    Lakers Shaq Kobe Jones?(did not win)

Wade and Lebron do not fit and Bosh is hurt I did not expect the Heat to win this series but it does not mean Lebron is no the best player in the game winning titles is about your whole team.
    Come on... Parish, McHale, Rodman, and Jones? were not top 10 let alone top 15 in the league. Ever. Good players but not top 15. Mchale was nice and Rodman was hella hustle but not top 10. Hell if you look at Pippen, he may not have been top 10 either.

Lakers: Kobe/Gasol/Odom? Soft as cotton Gasol? Odom who? the guy that got fired in Dallas? or do you mean no show Bynum. Come on...
    Boston was trying to get rid of Rondo the beginning of the year. Pierce and KG are both near the end of their careers along with Ray. You may have a hard time saying anyone on the Celtics is top 10 in the league right now. I can name probably 20 guys you would pick before any of them.

Mac4Lyfe

Warriors: Webber/Mullin/Sprewell(did not win)
    Warriors: Hardaway/Mullin/Richmond(did not win)

maybe Chris Mullin was overrated lol
    Stop it... Chris Mullin? Latrell Sprewell? Mitch Richmond? Are you serious? I'll give you Tim Hardaway for a minute but those other guys aren't even close to being top 15 ever in the league.

tony_come
    tony_come's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1122

What legacy?

Please add Howard and Chris Paul to the list

rm18
    Update your status

Come on... Parish, McHale, Rodman, and Jones? were not top 10 let alone top 15 in the league. Ever. Good players but not top 15. Mchale was nice and Rodman was hella hustle but not top 10. Hell if you look at Pippen, he may not have been top 10 either.

Lakers: Kobe/Gasol/Odom? Soft as cotton Gasol? Odom who? the guy that got fired in Dallas? or do you mean no show Bynum. Come on...
    Boston was trying to get rid of Rondo the beginning of the year. Pierce and KG are both near the end of their careers along with Ray. You may have a hard time saying anyone on the Celtics is top 10 in the league right now. I can name probably 20 guys you would pick before any of them.
    I am talking all time you are talking about what the players are today, Boston in 2008 clearly had 3 top 15 players, Gasol in his prime was so much better than Bosh what are you talking about? Odom was on the national team many times but is not arguably one of the 15 best, i put question marks because it is debatable? McHale not top 15 that is not even debabtle.

39.7 10.3-17.0 .604 0.0-0.1 .000 5.6-6.6 .836 3.2 6.7 9.9 2.6 2.2 0.5 3.1 2.6 26.1

26 a game on 60% shooting that is Shaq Wilt territory lol

rm18
    Update your status

Stop it... Chris Mullin? Latrell Sprewell? Mitch Richmond? Are you serious? I'll give you Tim Hardaway for a minute but those other guys aren't even close to being top 15 ever in the league.
    Latrell was 1st team all NBA huh?

rm18
    Update your status

Mitch was 2nd or 3rd team 5 times so he was arguably top 15 for sure

greenhippo

You think Wade is a top 5 and Bosh arguably top 10.........?

James
    Durant
    Bryant
    Paul
    Rondo

Those are just 5 that are better than Wade

Westbrook
    Parker
    Anthony
    Nowitzki
    Howard
    Love
    Aldridge
    DWill
    Griffin
    Pierce
    Josh Smith

I guess you will make an argument Bosh is better than 7 of those players in the second list as well? Come on man, Wade would be lucky to be in top 10 and Bosh is pushing 20, not 10.

rm18
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by greenhippo View Post

James
    Durant
    Bryant
    Paul
    Rondo

Westbrook
    Parker
    Anthony
    Nowitzki
    Howard
    Love
    Aldridge
    DWill
    Griffin
    Pierce
    Josh Smith

I guess you will make an argument Bosh is better than 7 of those players in the second list as well? Come on man, Wade would be lucky to be in top 10 and Bosh is pushing 20, not 10.
    Wade was 3rd team all NBA, Bosh got 2 votes 34th place

tatommack
    cowboys make the playoffs
    tatommack's Avatar Become A Pro!

James is a great regular season player biggest choker in the game

upscope
    upscope's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6685

Odom was never a top 15 player in the league....NEVER, not even close. If Bosh had his own team he would be a top 15 player. He's not considered a top 15 player now simply because there's not enough ball to go around to warrant that. Wade has regressed & is no longer a top 5 player either. A yr ago yes today he is more like top 10-12

Lazy-Man
    Lazy-Man's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1137

Quote Originally Posted by greenhippo View Post

James
    Durant
    Bryant
    Paul
    Rondo

Westbrook
    Parker
    Anthony
    Nowitzki
    Howard
    Love
    Aldridge
    DWill
    Griffin
    Pierce
    Josh Smith

Your list is a joke already. You don't even have D-Rose listed LMAO

jsmithj88
    jsmithj88's Avatar Become A Pro!

bosh is NO WHERE NEAR top 10. bosh is more like top 20-25, top 15 is a stretch
    OKC, lakers, spurs, boston all had similar talent to miami's big 3 at some point
    Last edited by jsmithj88; 06-06-12 at 02:31 AM.

upscope
    upscope's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6685

Am I really hearing people use the same not enough help excuse for LeBron?? Four allstars in the starting line-UP was not enough in Cleveland & not 3/5 of team USA starting line-UP is not enough help in Miami?? Get real~-

greenhippo

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy-Man View Post
    Your list is a joke already. You don't even have D-Rose listed LMAO
    When was this a list of every player who's better than said player? He said top 5, I listed 5 players who are better, he said arguably Bosh was top 10, I listed 16 players who are better.......Was I supposed to list all 30 players better than Bosh? You embarrass yourself and what little English it seems you can understand with that response. Absolutely embarrassing son.

greenhippo

On top of that, the kid finishes off his comment with LMAO? What high school did this little one drop out of?

rm18
    Update your status

Lebron played great tonight everyone wants to take shots at him, he even gets criticized for losing his hair when Jordan, Durant, and Kobe all have worse hair loss than him

Reedeman
    Reedeman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 495

Lebron is a great player; he is also the victim of overhype and 24 hour media sensationalism and celebrity worship. BUT, if he is truly "the chosen one" he would've gotten it done already.

Hakeem won two consecutive rings(including a finals sweep) with the help of WHO?

A 33 year old clyde drexler... (the 2nd ring)....

And name a player other than pippen who was a teammate of jordan's for BOTH three peats...
    The first three peat bulls team(other than MJ and Pippen) were mostly role players and scrubs. Most of the time Pippen just deferred to MJ anyway...
    Last edited by Reedeman; 06-06-12 at 04:13 AM.

1234 Last