bigsmitty
    bigsmitty's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 370

Mats only played like half the season didn't he Dwight? Anyways, Kov is maybe in the top 30 but doesn't crack the top ten in my books. Have a feeling he's playing hurt-not because he's not going in the corners (haha) but how he acts when he gets the puck-feeble shot/stumbles about. They're all out of gas in my op. Cheers

keyboarding
    SBR's Respected Garbage
    keyboarding's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 972

Quote Originally Posted by mathdotcom View Post
    When the worst possible +/- he could've possibly had is -7 and his is -6, it means something.
    +/- really is a stupid statistic to gauge an individual's performance. Next thing you're going to tell me is that a pitcher's win-loss record represents his skill level.

You're better than that, pal.

God bless.

mathdotcom
    mathdotcom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1943

Quote Originally Posted by keyboarding View Post
    +/- really is a stupid statistic to gauge an individual's performance. Next thing you're going to tell me is that a pitcher's win-loss record represents his skill level.

You're better than that, pal.

God bless.
    A +/- of -6 over a 3 game period, where 7 goals were scored against you, tells you something.

The fact he was on the ice for almost every goal scored against and was not on the ice when his team scored tells you something.

I am not arguing that +/- should be used to determine player rankings or anything like that.

Watch the games and you will see his play matches the statistic very well. Lots of very bad giveaways, very weak on the puck and passing it off as soon as he can, etc. In the first 3 games I never saw him threatening. If I were a Kings fan I would rejoice whenever he touches the puck in fact.

- mathy
    PS. We are rooting Devils

First 12