raydog
    raydog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 113

bobby heenan...i almost fell outta my seat for a minute thinking about what you and lou are trying to say here...you actually seem to know a little more about what you talk about, obviously you can comprehend articles and such better than lou too...

okay, so dlh is the ppv king, right? yes... and in order for anyone to buy ppv's, they are going to know a little something about boxing, right? yes... so you are attempting to tell me that floyd wasnt really heard of until he fought dlh? you guys are 100% wrong... he was a -200 fav and they sold a shit load of ppv's... why was it such a huge ppv? because people knew who floyd was and that he could win... its really not that hard to realize why the ppv was so big...sure, it was floyds biggest match and victory, but in no way was it a fight that put floyd on the map...he had already abused belt holders and world champions and he was the FAVORITE...the world knew about floyd well before he fought dlh... no clue why anyone would think differently, but its simply wrong.

AraiWa
    One bet away
    AraiWa's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

Quote Originally Posted by darko3131 View Post
    Bradley can't crack an egg and his chin has been cracked before. I see Manny walking over him like he did Hatton - TKO 2
    I'm sure Bradley will be in the best shape physically and mentally of his boxing career. I doubt Manny will walk over him like he did Hatton. Anything can happen but if you think he'll win that easily, bet the under.

bobby heenan
    Update your status
    bobby heenan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 75

Quote Originally Posted by raydog View Post
    bobby heenan...i almost fell outta my seat for a minute thinking about what you and lou are trying to say here...you actually seem to know a little more about what you talk about, obviously you can comprehend articles and such better than lou too...

okay, so dlh is the ppv king, right? yes... and in order for anyone to buy ppv's, they are going to know a little something about boxing, right? yes... so you are attempting to tell me that floyd wasnt really heard of until he fought dlh? you guys are 100% wrong... he was a -200 fav and they sold a shit load of ppv's... why was it such a huge ppv? because people knew who floyd was and that he could win... its really not that hard to realize why the ppv was so big...sure, it was floyds biggest match and victory, but in no way was it a fight that put floyd on the map...he had already abused belt holders and world champions and he was the FAVORITE...the world knew about floyd well before he fought dlh... no clue why anyone would think differently, but its simply wrong.
    ray....the fight sold well because of the 24/7 program....it opened up people to mayweather....the concept of the show was devised by mayweathers team....all part of their plan to market him to a broader/urban audience.....it was the premier of a critically accliamed series....and it helped the fight sell .....

like i said....floyds first 3 ppv fights did in the 300k range each......you add in oscar, cinco de mayo, the 24/7 series(which launched the money persona) and you have huge numbers.......but his previous outing suggest not many really knew him......he was known by the hardcore boxing fans....but the de la hoya fight put him mainstream america on notice...its undeniable

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by raydog View Post

He was favored because Vegas isn't stupid. He started to achieve record-breaking numbers after that fight. For all the shit people talk about Floyd, he's not a dumb guy. He's brilliant marketing himself, and that became most evident leading up to and after the De La Hoya fight.

As to the significance of the fight, I was obviously more impressed as I imagine most boxing fans were when he dominated Diego Corrales from wire to wire, as Diego was in his prime. But in terms of the mainstream audience, he dethroned the PPV king and has amassed a personal fortune since then as a result. FYI, Mayweather walked away with the smaller purse for the bout despite being undefeated and as you point out the favorite. He was NOT the bigger name at that point in terms of his drawing power, as evidenced by the deal he agreed to.

bobby heenan
    Update your status
    bobby heenan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 75

Quote Originally Posted by SBR Lou View Post
    He was favored because Vegas isn't stupid. He started to achieve record-breaking numbers after that fight. For all the shit people talk about Floyd, he's not a dumb guy. He's brilliant marketing himself, and that became most evident leading up to and after the De La Hoya fight.

As to the significance of the fight, I was obviously more impressed as I imagine most boxing fans were when he dominated Diego Corrales from wire to wire, as Diego was in his prime. But in terms of the mainstream audience, he dethroned the PPV king and has amassed a personal fortune since then as a result. FYI, Mayweather walked away with the smaller purse for the bout despite being undefeated and as you point out the favorite. He was NOT the bigger name at that point in terms of his drawing power, as evidenced by the deal he agreed to.
    good point that i didnt touch lou...if floyd was such a big name before that fight he would have walked up and asked for a better split(i think oscar took home like 45 mil to floyds 20) ....like i said....300k range for his first 3 ppv's.....gets oscar....creates 24/7 and becomes a ppv star after....floyd was happy to get that fight...he knew where he would go from there

JerseyRobby
    JerseyRobby's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4442

Quote Originally Posted by Darkside Magick View Post
    Head butts causes a technical draw!!!
    Head butt is very likely but after 4 they go to the cards and I doubt it will be a draw. Fighters get old quick and last fight Manny admitted his legs were gone and not the same in the post fight interview. If Manny doesn't catch Bradley off guard and KO him early it won't happen at all. Once Bradley adjusts to Manny's speed it has decision written all over it but it could be a decision inside the distance due to a cut from Bradleys giant head.

raydog
    raydog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 113

okie dokie guys, believe what you want...he was already a champion and had beaten a handful of previous title holders and you guys still think he was new to the boxing world....... cant debate this with either of you anymore as you are both falling back on "ppv numbers" to try and prove a point that just isnt there...if you knew who oscar was, you can bet you ass you knew about mayweather...but think what you will and gl with the fight this weekend...again, ill probably just play over and some pac by dec.

wikkidinsane
    wikkidinsane's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

I think Pacman and Bradley has a 50% chance of going the distance. If Pacman dont get a knockout by rd 5 I believe Bradley Chance of winning the fight is 40%. I expect both fighters to come out brawling and Pacman will try his in/out boxing technique but will be setn aback Bradleys constant pressure. Bradley will start counter punching and slipping Pacman punches around rd 3. The style of counter pucnhing is not Bradleys M.O so he might look awkward, Manny Pacquiao will try to find angles and work himself out and here is the shocker: BRADLEY WILL LOOK REALLY FIT AROUND RD 9 AND GO ON TO WIN A DECISION OVER THE GREAT, BUT DESPERATE MANNY PACQUAIO. SO BASICALLY IM SAYING IF PACMAN DONT GET A KNOCKOUT BY 5TH RD, GAME OVER FOR HIM

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by SBR Lou View Post
    I think it's going to be a close fight. Bradley is a skilled counter-puncher, and is much quicker than Marquez. Pac only being in the neighborhood of -400ish shows Bradley the respect he deserves.

Two Top Rank fighters going at it, one being undefeated. Bradley is the clean cut All-American type that Arum originally wanted to bill Floyd as. You never know. A lot of people who didn't follow boxing didn't realize who Floyd Mayweather Jr. was until he beat De La Hoya.
    LOL - Did you see Arum grinning ear to ear congratulating Bradley?

Luca Fury
    I make my living betting on MMA
    Luca Fury's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 757

Quote Originally Posted by Luca Fury View Post
    None... He'll decision him.
    I was right about Pacquiao not knocking Bradley out.

I was right about Pacquiao winning.

I was right in betting Pacquiao at -400.

I was right in betting Pacquiao by decision at +105.

Yet, officially, my prediction was wrong and bets were lost...

F*ck boxing and it's corrupt bullsh*t.

Imsmarterthanu
    Imsmarterthanu's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 293

Quote Originally Posted by Luca Fury View Post
    I was right about Pacquiao not knocking Bradley out.

I was right about Pacquiao winning.

I was right in betting Pacquiao at -400.

I was right in betting Pacquiao by decision at +105.

Yet, officially, my prediction was wrong and bets were lost...

F*ck boxing and it's corrupt bullsh*t.
    x2

this is exactly why boxing sucks

UFC all the way

Luca Fury
    I make my living betting on MMA
    Luca Fury's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 757

Quote Originally Posted by Imsmarterthanu View Post
    x2

this is exactly why boxing sucks

UFC all the way
    One of the strategies I have for betting boxing is to be on the name, big money guy more often than not, because if it goes to decision, there is a good chance the corrupt judges have been paid to score it for him whether he deserves it or not. Like in Pacquiao/Marquez, for example. Happens all the time.

That was one of the reasons I bet Pacquiao here. I liked him to win a decision, but in case it was close or maybe even if he doesn't deserve it, the corrupt judges will still surely score it for him.

That is why this robbery makes even less sense. They robbed the money making fighter? WTF??? Can't believe it! I score it for Pacquiao 10-2, but was expecting 12-0 scorecards thanks to the corruption, not 5-7 scores!

Look at Salido vs Lopez 2. They wanted Lopez to win the first time, but he got KO'd. They rematched, and Lopez was getting DESTROYED. Straight up ownage. Then he gets KO'd in I think the ninth and they show what the judges had up until that point. Welp, they had Lopez WINNING! He was getting smacked all over the ring and wobbled every round, yet they still scored it for him cus he was the name, money making fighter. They were obviously paid off. Stuff like this happens all the time. It;s very hard for the big money fighter to lose a decision.

First 12