marcojuiceman
    marcojuiceman's Avatar Become A Pro!

Mitt Romney As His Own Hidden Closet of Solyndra That Failed

Mitt Romney has
    repeatedly hammered
    President Obama for the White House's role in Solyndra's meltdown, but now Konarka Technologies, another solar energy company in which Romney invested public funds as Massachusetts governor, has gone bankrupt, reports the
    Boston Herald
    . Romney sent $1.5 million to Konarka shortly after he became governor, along with $2.5 million to Evergreen Solar, which also filed for bankruptcy last year, and provided a $2.5 million loan to the biotech firm Spherics Inc., which closed three years later. The Romney campaign had no comment.

http://www.newser.com/story/comments...-failures.html

MC PICKS
    Update your status
    MC PICKS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 265

6.5 million versus 535 million, you do the math. Ron paul is not gonna be the president, get over it.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Waterstpub87

marcojuiceman

Quote Originally Posted by ** PICKS View Post
    6.5 million versus 535 million, you do the math. Ron paul is not gonna be the president, get over it.
    Mitt either "Get Over it"
    So you are justifying the amount WOW..
    DId you read where it said "public funds" the tax payer money... I didnt just make this shit up.. Its facts
    Last edited by marcojuiceman; 06-03-12 at 12:45 PM.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21653

Can I do the math as a percentage of the overall respective budget? 6.5/Mass budget vs. 535/US budget. Still wanna do the math?

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 384

The bankruptcy happened in 2012, 5 years after Romney left office. It was awarded in 2003. I'm sure they were solvent for a little while to last 9 years. I'm sure people were employed, and paid taxes on that employment over that time also. If we see that he continued to funnel public money into the company, I would think differently, but otherwise, it looks like this company did OK until the economy took a turn in late 2008. Solyndra lasted only a couple of years, and failed while our president was still in office during his so called "first" term.

MC PICKS
    Update your status

You libs will reach for anything, its too funny, you guys are scared shitless obama is gonna lose the election, you proabably have nightmares about it. See repubs will be fine because we have survived under this current dictatorship, but you people will be up shits creek if romney is elected, 6.5 mill was private funds not public, more liberal lies and propaganda.

marcojuiceman

You libs will reach for anything, its too funny, you guys are scared shitless obama is gonna lose the election, you proabably have nightmares about it. See repubs will be fine because we have survived under this current dictatorship, but you people will be up shits creek if romney is elected, 6.5 mill was private funds not public, more liberal lies and propaganda.
    Did you read the article.. Wonder why Romney had no comment.. He forgot how ****** up he was as an Governor But the people of Massachusetts havent forgot

marcojuiceman

Also Do you have George Bush as an Avatar with the word "Dictatorship" in your statement..
    You just cant make this shit up"

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Mr KLC View Post
    The bankruptcy happened in 2012, 5 years after Romney left office. It was awarded in 2003. I'm sure they were solvent for a little while to last 9 years. I'm sure people were employed, and paid taxes on that employment over that time also. If we see that he continued to funnel public money into the company, I would think differently, but otherwise, it looks like this company did OK until the economy took a turn in late 2008. Solyndra lasted only a couple of years, and failed while our president was still in office during his so called "first" term.
    Is that really the point? I thought the point that you guys were trying to make was that government shouldn't be picking winners and losers. Make up your mind.

MC PICKS
    Update your status

No i didnt read the article because i dont read propaganda that liberals post links too, i can think for myself. George bush was a great president and was dealt the worst blow in amercian history and shook it off like it was nothing. He is the reason the war on terror was a success, but im sure barry will try and take credit for that too even though he came in and changed the name to appease the terrorists.

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

mitt has no ammo....

marcojuiceman

No i didnt read the article because i dont read propaganda that liberals post links too, i can think for myself. George bush was a great president and was dealt the worst blow in amercian history and shook it off like it was nothing. He is the reason the war on terror was a success, but im sure barry will try and take credit for that too even though he came in and changed the name to appease the terrorists.
    There was No War in Terror In Iraq...
    You and everyone else knows Iraq was a Gold mine for Oil

Emily_Haines
    Emily_Haines's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15307

George bush was a great president

marcojuiceman

Quote Originally Posted by Emily_Haines View Post
    Made me also.. "Bush a Great President"
    "you just cannot make this sh*t up

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    Is that really the point? I thought the point that you guys were trying to make was that government shouldn't be picking winners and losers. Make up your mind.
    Federal government, yes. The 10th amendment allows states to make decisions like this. By the way, has anyone even bothered to check if the loan was paid back in full?

MC PICKS
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by marcojuiceman View Post
    There was No War in Terror In Iraq...
    You and everyone else knows Iraq was a Gold mine for Oil
    I never said it wasnt a goldmine, my investments did well.

Tully Mars 63
    Tully Mars 63's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 44

Exactly, another BS non-issue thrown out there to confuse those too stupid to think for themselves.
    Last edited by Tully Mars 63; 06-04-12 at 05:26 PM.

Tully Mars 63
    Tully Mars 63's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 44

Quote Originally Posted by Emily_Haines View Post
    Man, short fukking memories around here.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Federal government, yes. The 10th amendment allows states to make decisions like this. By the way, has anyone even bothered to check if the loan was paid back in full?
    Wow, OK. I thought this was an economic philosophy position of the right, but I guess not. You're telling me that you think whatever happened with Solyndra wasn't wrong because of bad economic policy, but rather because it was unconstitutional? Hadn't heard that one before. That's not what Romney and others have been arguing.

KKoz9
    KKoz9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 114

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    Can I do the math as a percentage of the overall respective budget? 6.5/Mass budget vs. 535/US budget. Still wanna do the math?

half a billion here and half a billion there and pretty soon we're talking about real money

jbart28
    MAGA KAG
    jbart28's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16

And the libtards have jon corzine and his billion dollar loss to MF Global. Mr Corzine is a key bundler for Obaminations campaign fund. Funny how the main stream media ignored this.

Prolly gave the media "HUSH" money like rev wright. Fukin crooks

Shaudius
    Shaudius's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 702

Quote Originally Posted by jbart28 View Post
    And the libtards have jon corzine and his billion dollar loss to MF Global. Mr Corzine is a key bundler for Obaminations campaign fund. Funny how the main stream media ignored this.

Prolly gave the media "HUSH" money like rev wright. Fukin crooks
    Unless you have proof that Obama knew what was going on at MF Global(you don't), I fail to see what Jon Corzine being an Obama bundler and donor has anything to do with anything, let alone anything to do with this thread, which is about loans and grants that Romney made as governor of Massachusetts, which look strikingly similar to loans that Obama made while President.

To imply that your situation is anything like that is as stupid as saying Bernie Madoff giving to Democrats implicates the Democratic Party in his Ponzi scheme.

marcojuiceman

Balco10
    Balco10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

Obama has not done one economic thing right! He is out to destroy it and doesn't care about the middle class to the poor!

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith
    itchypickle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5620

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/matthew...dra-comparison

Will Marco be a man and admit he was duped by his bias yet again?

The Konarko loan was approved 2 months before Romney took the Gov office and he later tried to end the Green loans but the Dem state legislature would not have it. The loan was repaid to Mass so their tax payers did not lose a dime for one, and two the fact that the company files for bankruptcy years after Romney has been out of office there....proves Juiceyman had his eyes covered to doing his DD before posting again.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Waterstpub87

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith

Post #25

Shaudius

Quote Originally Posted by itchypickle View Post
    http://newsbusters.org/blogs/matthew...dra-comparison

Will Marco be a man and admit he was duped by his bias yet again?

The Konarko loan was approved 2 months before Romney took the Gov office and he later tried to end the Green loans but the Dem state legislature would not have it. The loan was repaid to Mass so their tax payers did not lose a dime for one, and two the fact that the company files for bankruptcy years after Romney has been out of office there....proves Juiceyman had his eyes covered to doing his DD before posting again.
    None of this changes the fact that Romney used the loan to score political points. Did anyone make him personally present the check to the company that he was so against giving the loan to in the first place?

If he was so against the loan program as you're now claiming, why did he associate himself with it by visiting the company and give them the check personally?

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith

Quote Originally Posted by Shaudius View Post
    None of this changes the fact that Romney used the loan to score political points. Did anyone make him personally present the check to the company that he was so against giving the loan to in the first place?

If he was so against the loan program as you're now claiming, why did he associate himself with it by visiting the company and give them the check personally?
    You're missing the point...what it changes is people like Marco grab the first hit pieces they see on HuffPo or the Wash Post and post it without ever looking into the claim or context. If the loan was approved before Romney took office then he had to do it as head of the State...same reason Obama doesn't like the Bush Tax cuts but he had to deal with them when he came in office.
    The bigger point is that opponents of Romney are framing this as Romney asked for and got it, AND it lost money as Solyndra did. Neither are factually true. Whether or not you like the actions trying to say Solyndra is anything like the former just doesn't hold water.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO

You're missing the point...what it changes is people like Marco grab the first hit pieces they see on HuffPo or the Wash Post and post it without ever looking into the claim or context. If the loan was approved before Romney took office then he had to do it as head of the State...same reason Obama doesn't like the Bush Tax cuts but he had to deal with them when he came in office.
    The bigger point is that opponents of Romney are framing this as Romney asked for and got it, AND it lost money as Solyndra did. Neither are factually true. Whether or not you like the actions trying to say Solyndra is anything like the former just doesn't hold water.
    Even if Romney had approved it, it would just reaffirm with me that he is a much better businessman than Obama. At least he would have shown that he could pick a green company that not only stayed open during his entire term, but also one that actually paid the loan back in full.

Shaudius

Yes because the left wing has a monopoly on distorting facts and figures to support their ideas...and left wing posters on this board have a monopoly on posting threads of their party's talking points...Never seen a post copied directly from Breibert, Fox News, or WND or a chart with distorted facts, from any conservatives posters, not once, never happens.

Even if Romney had approved it, it would just reaffirm with me that he is a much better businessman than Obama. At least he would have shown that he could pick a green company that not only stayed open during his entire term, but also one that actually paid the loan back in full.
    If that's your position you don't get the point. The reason that the Republicans claim they don't like Solyndra isn't because they don't think Obama is a good investor, its because they think the government shouldn't be in the business of picking winners and losers. Romney isn't campaigning on, elect me I'm better at picking winners than Obama, he's campaigning on the fact that the government shouldn't be picking winners and losers(but that doesn't really explain why the Republicans in the Senate blocked the bill to remove the oil industries subsidies) and that his experience running a business is experience that qualifies him to improve the country's economy and lead.

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith

Yes because the left wing has a monopoly on distorting facts and figures to support their ideas...and left wing posters on this board have a monopoly on posting threads of their party's talking points...Never seen a post copied directly from Breibert, Fox News, or WND or a chart with distorted facts, from any conservatives posters, not once, never happens.

If that's your position you don't get the point. The reason that the Republicans claim they don't like Solyndra isn't because they don't think Obama is a good investor, its because they think the government shouldn't be in the business of picking winners and losers. Romney isn't campaigning on, elect me I'm better at picking winners than Obama, he's campaigning on the fact that the government shouldn't be picking winners and losers(but that doesn't really explain why the Republicans in the Senate blocked the bill to remove the oil industries subsidies) and that his experience running a business is experience that qualifies him to improve the country's economy and lead.

Never said that. I would rather pick specific instances to challenge a premise instead of the generality of Republicans do this and Dems do this. This is cut and dry...marco has been caught posting an inaccuracy so I challenged him on it. Yet you choose to dodge the direct answer and make it into a blanket party issue about broader perceptions.

Yes Sean Hannity is a far right guy and yes Bill Press is a far left guy and Rachel Maddow is indescribable. There ya happy?

Now back to the rational debate....

marcojuiceman

Actually you are 100% wrong if Romney(business experience) really thinks Paul Ryan plan will cut anything then his supporters are delusional.. You cannot expand the military and try to pretend like you are cutting the the US national debt

Shaudius

Never said that. I would rather pick specific instances to challenge a premise instead of the generality of Republicans do this and Dems do this. This is cut and dry...marco has been caught posting an inaccuracy so I challenged him on it. Yet you choose to dodge the direct answer and make it into a blanket party issue about broader perceptions.
    I am taking as given that the OP is a distortion of what really went on, but you haven't answered my issue with the whole thing which is that Romney didn't run from the loan, he actively endorsed it by hand delivering it and giving a speech about it in front of the place. I'm not sure how you can reconcile that with the fact that he didn't think it was a good idea, at least at the time. Or is this another case of Romney changing his position for political purposes?

Actually you are 100% wrong if Romney(business experience) really thinks Paul Ryan plan will cut anything then his supporters are delusional.. You cannot expand the military and try to pretend like you are cutting the the US national debt
    I was simply stating what Romney is apparently running on, not whether or not what he is running on will work, or what he is running on is what he really believes. I personally think the Ryan budget is exactly what this country doesn't need at the current moment, increased income tax on the poor, decreased income tax on the rich, smattered with zero reduction in federal spending(through increased military spending and decreased social spending) and a supposed magical trillion dollars in increased revenue to balance the budget.

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith

There are plenty of ways to expand and improve the military and do it even cheaper than has been done over the last 20 years or so. Common sense cuts at DOD are fine with me....both sides are so quick to jump right to uniformed levels and salaries. That frustrates me to no end.

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith

I am taking as given that the OP is a distortion of what really went on, but you haven't answered my issue with the whole thing which is that Romney didn't run from the loan, he actively endorsed it by hand delivering it and giving a speech about it in front of the place. I'm not sure how you can reconcile that with the fact that he didn't think it was a good idea, at least at the time. Or is this another case of Romney changing his position for political purposes?

I was simply stating what Romney is apparently running on, not whether or not what he is running on will work, or what he is running on is what he really believes. I personally think the Ryan budget is exactly what this country doesn't need at the current moment, increased income tax on the poor, decreased income tax on the rich, smattered with zero reduction in federal spending(through increased military spending and decreased social spending) and a supposed magical trillion dollars in increased revenue to balance the budget.
    I haven't read where he hand delivered the payment. Although in hindsight it might look bad from 2012 but put it in context....that loan was paid back in full so it played out well and wasn't compounded.....the fact that the company went belly up now doesn't reflect on Romney is my point. It's like faulting someone for investing in Kodak years back when they were making money but are obsolete now....or getting in on Borders Books in 2002 because people will always need books...its not like in about a decade people will be able to just click and download the content onto a space tablet and the store subsequently goes belly up.

Romney came into office as Governor and fulfilled what had already been agreed to and did not want to expand it....fast forward to 2009 and Obama pushes the investments into over a dozen of these when the analysts have said its not a good idea...and the money is lost and they act like they had no idea that on the actual market in kilowatts that solar energy still would cost nearly 7x the amount of fossil fuel energy so who in their right mind would attempt that type of sell in a down economy?

And yes Romney has flip flopped on several issues, no argument from me on that. I would say Obama has done the same, but he doesnt flip flop, he merely 'evolves'

12 Last