redsoxfreak91
    redsoxfreak91's Avatar Become A Pro!

Bobcats season tickets

I am debating whether or not to buy season tickets for the Bobcats this year in order to see the Lakers/Heat/Bulls and try and profit on the other games. Here is the deal:
    Section 231 row 0 seats 1,2
    Price: $1080 for both seats for the season
    Perks: Next season I get free season tickets for the same seats
    You can also store tickets to shitty teams in your ticket bank and switch them out for better games(not
    top teams though)

So to sum it up, I get season tickets for 2 years for 6.50 per seat.

I am trying to find past ticket prices for ebay or stubhub but I can not find them but do you guys think this is a favorable investment?

Easy-Rider 66
    Easy-Rider 66's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3353

Good deal, but you really have to enjoy NBA regular season to get your monies worth. If they hire Jerry Sloan as coach, could see them winning in 2-3 years. But next season will probably be rough.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 420

I used to sell tickets on Ebay a few years ago. You might want to take a look at their attendance figures from last year (actually people that showed up, not tickets sold). I remember I had season tickets to the Titans, who have sold out every year since they came to Nashville. I bought the tickets for half price, but took a bath in reselling them because they had an awful year. Only made money on the Colts game. If their gate was bad, and with the way the team looked this year, you might not be stuck with several tickets. i know it sucks, but I would try to sell the Lakers/Heat/Bulls tickets, and watch the sucky teams, if you are looking at making a profit. Two years from now, when they are free, who knows. They might have a better team then.

marcoloco
    marcoloco's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9132

next season has to be better than this season. for $6.50 a seat you can go wrong. DO IT!!

redsoxfreak91

I dont care at all about the Bobcats so I am looking at this strictly for profit. I mean I'll go watch Kobe and Lebron play but in the end I want profit.

Easy-Rider 66
    Easy-Rider 66's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3353

Quote Originally Posted by redsoxfreak91 View Post
    I dont care at all about the Bobcats so I am looking at this strictly for profit. I mean I'll go watch Kobe and Lebron play but in the end I want profit.
    Unless they get some big time free agent help, can't see them winning for at least 2-3 years. Tough to predict what kind of demand there will be for Bobcat regular season games. Hire Sloan as coach and that could make a difference.

redsoxfreak91

well I think they actually could be decent next year and a playoff contendor in a few years as shocking as that sounds. If they draft Robinson their front court will be Byumbo and Robinson (7' and 6'11) That is good size even though they are both young but talented. Their back court will have Augustine and Kemba at the point which both are serviceable. Gerald Henderson is an above average SG but after that they have no depth. Sloan will attract some average players to help with depth and I dont see why they cant be on the same level as the Bucks who almost made the playoffs.

stikymess
    stikymess's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 63

keep in mind your time invested in this, between Ebay and getting these people that buy their tickets either through will call, meeting them in person and last option them coming to you, not sure you want people in your home.
    Points Awarded:

4uk4life gave stikymess 263 SBR Point(s) for this post.

therushishere
    therushishere's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 990

Quote Originally Posted by stikymess View Post
    keep in mind your time invested in this, between Ebay and getting these people that buy their tickets either through will call, meeting them in person and last option them coming to you, not sure you want people in your home.
    You can transfer tickets online if youre a season ticket owner.
    Seems like a decent proposition but if youre really worried about the profit youd probably have to let go of the tickets for the big games.

This should help give you an idea:
    http://charlotte.craigslist.org/sear...ets&catAbb=sss

boeing power
    boeing power's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 56

Not worth your time