bettilimbroke999
    bettilimbroke999's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 506

What happened to Boise St QB Kellen Moore?

This dude goes undrafted? He's the winningest QB in college football history and no one even wants to take a shot on him in any round of the draft?

I tell ya if you aint 6'5 or taller (or run like Vick in the case of blacks) you're ****** at QB

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

i think detroit lions got him as a FA.

bobby heenan
    Update your status
    bobby heenan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 75

Quote Originally Posted by thetrinity View Post
    i think detroit lions got him as a FA.
    they did....

mixed reviews on him .....some believe hes a winner...and he did pretty well in a big game agaisnt va tech....others dont feel he has adequate arm strength and that he benefited from guys running wide open....he could hit alot of wide open guys running seams.....but that he wont be able to make nfl throws.....

Darkside Magick
    Black Box Algorithm
    Darkside Magick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1258

College football is like pee wee football to the nfl ......dude lucky to get free agent contract...

tony_come
    tony_come's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1122

He's the next great qb in the nfl

Time

bobby heenan
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by Darkside Magick View Post
    College football is like pee wee football to the nfl ......dude lucky to get free agent contract...
    nice avatar....classic album

ya i agree....nobody thinks he can really drive the ball and get enough on it to make nfl throws.....some believe you can get by without that in the nfl and offset it with great timing.....but not enough believed in him to actually use a pick on him

Br0nxer
    July 2012 Poster of the Month
    Br0nxer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 888

What happened

What happened is the guy could never play a down in the nfl

Dont care whose practice squad hes on. He will never see the field in a regular season game

Beating the living piss out of nevada or smu is a lot different then playing on sundays

There are a thousand guys who were bmoc in college and broke all types of records who never got a sniff in the nfl

bettilimbroke999

Just seems like 32 teams with like 8 picks apiece someone would've taken a shot on the winningest QB in college football history, I mean not even good enough for a 250th pick?

Br0nxer

Quote Originally Posted by bettilimbroke999 View Post
    Just seems like 32 teams with like 8 picks apiece someone would've taken a shot on the winningest QB in college football history, I mean not even good enough for a 250th pick?
    Nope

For the most part these guys know what they are doing

If he was good enough he woulda got drafted.

bettilimbroke999

Quote Originally Posted by Br0nxer View Post
    Nope

For the most part these guys know what they are doing

If he was good enough he woulda got drafted.
    Well he got taken as a FA by the Lions anyway so I guess its the same as a 250th pick, in all honesty if you want a chance to prove yourself in the NFL backin up Stafford who only plays about half the games due to injuries is a pretty good opportunity

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

bronxers right, if anyone thought he had a prayer he would have got drafted. no one thinks hes good enough to be a third string qb.

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

guy is barely 5' 11" - the days of fran tarkenton are long over in the NFL

Darkside Magick
    Black Box Algorithm

Will get cut in training camp.........corners and safeties too good.......pick six with limp noodle arm

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

If Patriots did not draft Tom Brady, he would have probably been an undrafted FA. People act like the Patriots are some geniuses for taking him in the 6th round. 5th, 6th, so on rounds are not even guaranteed contracts.

If Colt McCoy, Ryan Fitzpatrick, Senaca Wallace, (Fill in blank with weak arm shitty QB) are making starts, then Moore should have his chance in the league
    Points Awarded:

paco gave HoulihansTX 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

bobby heenan
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by HoulihansTX View Post
    If Patriots did not draft Tom Brady, he would have probably been an undrafted FA. People act like the Patriots are some geniuses for taking him in the 6th round. 5th, 6th, so on rounds are not even guaranteed contracts.

If Colt McCoy, Ryan Fitzpatrick, Senaca Wallace, (Fill in blank with weak arm shitty QB) are making starts, then Moore should have his chance in the league
    i dont know who acts like the patriots are geniuses for drafting tom...i mean....the guys who did draft him sure dont....scott pioli said he keeps a framed picture of dave stachelski on his desk to remind him that if he was so smart he would have taken brady before stachelski......who was a TE from boise st ironically

Darkside Magick
    Black Box Algorithm

But Brady never had a noodle arm....still don't know how he fell to the 6th round..Brady also 6'4"....way different than the midget who was Qb for my browns

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

Quote Originally Posted by bettilimbroke999 View Post
    This dude goes undrafted? He's the winningest QB in college football history and no one even wants to take a shot on him in any round of the draft?

I tell ya if you aint 6'5 or taller (or run like Vick in the case of blacks) you're ****** at QB
    more like 6'2. Plenty of good QBs shorter than 6'5.

Teams just prefer guys 6'2 who can see downfield better.

You also see this with pitchers.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

That fuking Kellen... how games did that dic weed cost me in football? Good. Hope he never plays in the NFL. Fuking nerd.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

im glad someone brought up brady, it was more the fact he got jerked around at michigan then anything why he went so late. he was constantly battling drew henson for playing time.

Sunde91
    Sunde91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 255

Graham Harrell, Case Keenum

bobby heenan
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by thetrinity View Post
    im glad someone brought up brady, it was more the fact he got jerked around at michigan then anything why he went so late. he was constantly battling drew henson for playing time.
    ...ya brady started every game...but he was always looking over his shoulder....henson was one of the biggest recruits in michigan history.....the number 1 player in his class and was supposed to have the tools brady didnt have
    Last edited by bobby heenan; 05-31-12 at 12:58 PM.

TheMoneyShot

No one knew Brady's intelligence and mind for the game. The kid was practically born with it... But he just needed someone to give him a chance.

Bcatswin
    Bcats Winning Everywhere
    Bcatswin's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5350

brahmabull117
    brahmabull117's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

I was a big fan of Kellen Moore but there's not much he does that translates to the NFL

Too short
    No Athleticism
    No Arm Strength
    Lefty thrower (Usually an undesirable trait)
    Ugly mechanics under pressure

He dominated at Boise because he played with a fantastic offensive line and faced mediocre cornerbacks many times. He doesn't have the arm strength to get the ball into tight NFL windows and he's gonna struggle under pressure (which he always did)

College record means absolutely nothing really

Br0nxer

Theres somebody like kurt warner

Stocking shelves to superbowl mvp but thats one in a billion

Mega millions shit

Guy just isnt good enough

bobby heenan
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    No one knew Brady's intelligence and mind for the game. The kid was practically born with it... But he just needed someone to give him a chance.
    agreed.....i think most underestimated the value of desire to succeed and work ethic too

he almost left michigan too.....the guy was like 5th on the depth chart when he arrived.....

i think the funny thing is too...most consider his rise in the nfl fate....because of the bledsoe injury....but people in the organization and hardcore patriot fans know the move was coming sooner or later.....belichick was becoming increasingly annoyed with bledsoe and his style...his penchant for trying to make big throws downfield instead of trying to manage the game.....bledsoe had just signed a big deal...so there was some pressure early for belichick to keep bledsoe starting....but eventuall, if they werent winning, he was going to tell kraft he was gonna make a change or he could fire him

Sam Odom

Someone should do this... Research the number of completions Moore had at B.State where the Receiver was open without a defender within >5yds (meaning wide ass open)

IMO - would be a very high % compared to QBs playing in a real conference

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

Quote Originally Posted by bobby heenan View Post
    ...ya brady started every game...but he was always looking over his shoulder....henson was one of the biggest recruits in michigan history.....the number 1 player in his class and was supposed to have the tools brady didnt have
    Started every game? He was a backup for two years. He only played two seasons. So yes, during those seasons he started every game, but that doesn't mean much compared to someone like Kellen Moore.

When he got there, he was actually seventh (!) on the depth chart.

bobby heenan
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by yisman View Post
    Started every game? He was a backup for two years. He only played two seasons. So yes, during those seasons he started every game, but that doesn't mean much compared to someone like Kellen Moore.

i was talking about starting every game while both he and henson were there

TheMoneyShot

Quote Originally Posted by yisman View Post

I will give Moore some credit... you know how a QB sometimes misses a progression? Sometimes players get wide open on several plays... but the QB is always in a pressure situation and never gets to that read. Did Moore ever miss a guy who was wide open? I never heard an announcer say... OMG That guy was wide open and Moore couldn't find him! That's where Moore has some talent... (or perhaps the offensive line gave him this talent)... because he never missed a Wide Open Player. Hope someone lynches him real soon though...

bobby heenan
    Update your status

I will give Moore some credit... you know how a QB sometimes misses a progression? Sometimes players get wide open on several plays... but the QB is always in a pressure situation and never gets to that read. Did Moore ever miss a guy who was wide open? I never heard an announcer say... OMG That guy was wide open and Moore couldn't find him! That's where Moore has some talent... (or perhaps the offensive line gave him this talent)... because he never missed a Wide Open Player. Hope someone lynches him real soon though...
    agreed....he was always able to find the guys that were free...and seemingly wide open...especially down the middle of the field....but thats where the questions come up about him....is he big enough to hold up against an nfl rush....does he have the footwork neccessary to move in the pocket...the natural feel for a pass rush....the ability to see over a pass rush.....the ability to squeeze a ball in there in the face of a pass rush

brady has some of the best footwork ive seen from a qb...and a great natural feel for a pass rush

Sam Odom

Please...

The defenses he faced in most part were awful... pitiful !!

Just imagine is Jordan Jefferson (black kid at LSU) had been B.State QB ?!! His #s would had been better ALL A ROUND - And he was a C grade SEC QB. Jordan Jefferson would have been drafted if he had played at B.State

Darkside Magick
    Black Box Algorithm

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Odom View Post
    Please...

Just imagine is Jordan Jefferson (black kid at LSU) had been B.State QB ?!! His #s would had been better ALL A ROUND - And he was a C grade SEC QB. Jordan Jefferson would have been drafted if he had played at B.State
    This. All day,......Alabama expose Jefferson.....sec football is close to the nfl you can get

brahmabull117
    brahmabull117's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Odom View Post
    Please...

This isn't true. Look at Jefferson's passing numbers against Georgia and Kellen's passing numbers against Georgia

Moore has fantastic accuracy/anticipation/understanding of the game which works beautifully in college. The problem is that he just doesn't have enough velocity to get the ball into tight NFL windows
    Last edited by brahmabull117; 05-31-12 at 02:20 PM.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Yep playing QB in the SEC = start status in the NFL. Rex Grossman/Jamarcus Russell/Greg McElroy.

Please continue to type useless info fellas. Needed a good lunchtime laugh.

12 Last