will2survive
    STAY IN YO LANE!
    will2survive's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22

Rondo is the equivalent of Jeter in MLB...

These two players are very similar. They hustle, dive, and will do anything to win. It's not all about the points or home runs, it's the intangibles that they bring. Both have have a fighting spirit. Rondo is maybe more outward but both are respectful to their respective sports. Also, both are clutch.

I always love Rondo's game. The guy is a fierce competitor.

Anyone agree with the Jeter-Rondo analogy?

mathdotcom
    mathdotcom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1943

No

Don't compare that coconut tossing sport with baseball

ridims
    ridims's Avatar Become A Pro!

what a awful comparison

GUMMO77
    Many bags of soup. Many.
    GUMMO77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1726

Rondo is a very good player, that is obvious, but he lacks leadership skills.

Jeter is the ultimate leader.

bobby heenan
    Update your status
    bobby heenan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 75

i despise the yankees....but ya...i sort of agree

last night was one of the toughest games ive ever watched...prob even tougher than game 7 of the lakers series.......i knew it was only was matter of time before this team starts running out of gas......there just isnt enough depth.....you lose a guy like jeff green for a heart condition....then you lose valuable big depth with wilcox for the same thing.....then you lose a rising/valuable commodity like bradley right before the biggest games of the year

up 94-89 and ray misses an open 3 that prob could have sealed it and deflated the heat......the no call on rondo getting slapped in the head......the heat basically getting 50 ft attempts(people can say "well they missed alot"...thats great....so the nba just kept giving them more attempts).....lebron attempts 24 fts himself to the celtics 29.....lebron is never in foul trouble.....meanwhile pierce is on the pine for overtime......just a damn shame....alot of fight in these guys....but you could see it in KG...he was out of gas the last five minutes of regulation....forcing passes that turn into turnovers instead of being aggressive.......just painful

bobby heenan
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by GUMMO77 View Post
    Rondo is a very good player, that is obvious, but he lacks leadership skills.

Jeter is the ultimate leader.
    is it obvious? i mean...there are at least two other/older leaders on the team.........he doesnt need to be one....he just plays....at a ridiculous level......

GUMMO77
    Many bags of soup. Many.
    GUMMO77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1726

If you are comparing Jeter to Rondo, then leadership skills come into play.

Even before Rondo went off on the camera dude, GM's were talking about his liability in the locker room. That is a factor in the NBA.

Don't get me wrong, I love watching Rondo, but the comparison to Jeter is off.

bobby heenan
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by GUMMO77 View Post
    If you are comparing Jeter to Rondo, then leadership skills come into play.

Even before Rondo went off on the camera dude, GM's were talking about his liability in the locker room. That is a factor in the NBA.

Don't get me wrong, I love watching Rondo, but the comparison to Jeter is off.
    lolol...ya gms of other teams were talking about it.....when there were rumors of ainge possibly blowing the team up and moving him...ive seen it written(as weve seen it written that he is a problem/liability in the locker room) that much of that was other gms putting that out there and trying to persuade ainge to move him for less than hes really worth....whether or not you believe that...its up to you....but you believe when you read hes a prob in the locker room