Dank_Fire
    Dank_Fire's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5453

Paul Williams Likely Paralyzed After Motorcycle Accident

Said news to hear. Paul Williams was set to fight Canelo Alvarez on September 15, now i assume his entire career is over. I can only keep my figures crossed that the Punisher will come back years from now

http://www.wrdw.com/sports/headlines...155117385.html

mynameismud
    mynameismud's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8427

sad way for his career to end.

Crassus
    Crassus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1058

Really depressing, was super excited for him vs canelo. Shame he won't get that last big pay day.

RAPISTburger84
    RAPISTburger84's Avatar Become A Pro!

Sad...seen several of his fights

The HOFF
    The HOFF's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Yeah, terrible news. Williams was one of the good guys. Really like him.

bobby heenan
    Update your status
    bobby heenan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 75

i saw him knock out carlos quintana at mohegan sun in a rematch of a fight where quintana outboxed him severely....1st round ko

paul was a freak in terms of size...and had a tremendous workrate.....the guy never learned the art of defense..in fact i dont think he ever even really tried to....i think he trained for stamina to throw alot of punches....and worked on his punches/combinations....he said he never even watched a replay of getting knocked out by sergio martinez and he said there was "no reason to".....

baskets
    Poster of the Month Twice a Month
    baskets's Avatar Become A Pro!

bet he wishes he could take that donorcycle ride back...

some people just shotgun their heads off for no reason whatsoever. Rothlisberger got lucky.... Williams didn't.

these guys even read their contracts and think about the children they're supporting .... or they just don't give a fukk?

The HOFF
    The HOFF's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Quote Originally Posted by baskets View Post
    bet he wishes he could take that donorcycle ride back...

some people just shotgun their heads off for no reason whatsoever. Rothlisberger got lucky.... Williams didn't.

these guys even read their contracts and think about the children they're supporting .... or they just don't give a fukk?
    Story I read says he had his helmet on and someone moved in to his lane and almost hit him. He wasn't doing anything stupid.

bobby heenan
    Update your status

pwill was near the end of his career.....dont think he had much more left in him....good chance canelo could have been his last fight...i think the desire was waning.....apparently hes done real well with his money

marcoloco
    marcoloco's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9120

crazy news

KingJD31
    KingJD31's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7042

They said straight up he will never walk again, so crazy

baskets

oh wait, he had a helmet?

ok, I take it back

shit, it doesn't matter a helmet or not. risk/reward when you get on a donor-cycle. end of story

Sport_Fish
    Sport_Fish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2039

ok, I take it back

shit, it doesn't matter a helmet or not. risk/reward when you get on a donor-cycle. end of story
    People have been paralyzed in incidents other that motorcycle accidents too. Shit happens in life - even if its not ur fault.

He was just doing his hobby...nothing wrong with that. If anyone, you can blame the douche-bag who was on his phone driving carelessly.

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

Sad to hear. Was a real nice guy.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

you play with fire you get burned.

AraiWa
    One bet away
    AraiWa's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

Too much tragedy in boxing lately.

iQon
    iQon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 123

Crazy. One of the good guys in boxing. I've never seen a boring Paul Williams fight. Shame he lost to Quintana when he did. back when 147 was packed, he could have positioned himself for a Mayweather fight.

Cheme82
    Cheme82's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2447

ok, I take it back

Sometimes I wonder this as well. Risking my life without needing to. I know cars are dangerous too, but on a bike even a minor accident can kill/cripple you.

Crassus
    Crassus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1058

Quote Originally Posted by bobby heenan View Post
    pwill was near the end of his career.....dont think he had much more left in him....good chance canelo could have been his last fight...i think the desire was waning.....apparently hes done real well with his money
    That's encouraging to hear, I was worried that Canelo was going to be that last big pay-day he was relying on to retire without much issue.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11105

Quote Originally Posted by bobby heenan View Post
    That would have been a great fight. I applaud Canelo for taking the fight in the first place.

Hope Williams makes a great recovery.

cankid
    cankid's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10316

thats messed up too bad

bobby heenan
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by Crassus View Post
    That's encouraging to hear, I was worried that Canelo was going to be that last big pay-day he was relying on to retire without much issue.
    ive heard that hes invested well....in real estate...and hes come out real well....i think this was def close to being his last fight...i think it was going to send him of well and set him up perfectly....but i think if what id heard is true he should still be ok.....hes a pretty humble and simple guy from what i gather

baskets

motorcycles are a blast but they're called donorcycles in the medical profession for a reason

if you have kids and a career and you go moto speeding.... you really do have some big balls... either that or you got a nice insurance package lined for the misses and the kids

GeneralPride66
    J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS
    GeneralPride66's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1346

i always wanted to see him fight mayweather or paquiao, i also heard he invested his money very well. real shame he was only 30

bobby heenan
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by GeneralPride66 View Post
    i always wanted to see him fight mayweather or paquiao, i also heard he invested his money very well. real shame he was only 30
    i like the guy....but hes not on the level of floyd...or even pac....it would be fun just to see it for your eyes....i mean the guy was listed at 6-1 but I think hes taller...think that was done so he didnt totally scare everyone away.....

it sure would be interesting to see how those guys would handle pwill.....but the reality is...the guy trained to throw punches...he trained for the stamina to keep up a ridiculous punch output....and he could put some punches together....but there wasnt alot of movement....and like I said...i dont think he ever bothered to learn a lick of defense(im not even trying to exaggerate...i dont think he ever worked on it in the gym)....i remember before the lara fight they interviewed him and he said he never watched a replay or any tape of it...he said "why..whats the point...it just happened"......well me thinks you could have learned something by watching it....it happened for a reason

paul was a very good fighter...i think some of us were hoping for the next coming of tommy hearns....that didnt quite happen

MJT1212
    ECU Pirates
    MJT1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

goes to show, dont ride motorcycles