brahmabull117
    brahmabull117's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

How Does Vegas Not Get Buried in The NBA Playoffs?

Year after year after year, nearly EVERY series results in the obvious choice winning

How does Vegas not get buried in the NBA playoffs? Is it because people don't have the discipline to just play the series lines (which is free money) and are constantly playing the spreads in all the games (which are coinflips)?

paranoyd androyd
    paranoyd androyd's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 134523

Yes.

brahmabull117

yes to what?

paranoyd androyd
    paranoyd androyd's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 134523

Is it because people don't have the discipline to just play the series lines (which is free money) and are constantly playing the spreads in all the games (which are coinflips)?

raydog
    raydog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 113

Quote Originally Posted by brahmabull117 View Post
    Year after year after year, nearly EVERY series results in the obvious choice winning

How does Vegas not get buried in the NBA playoffs? Is it because people don't have the discipline to just play the series lines (which is free money) and are constantly playing the spreads in all the games (which are coinflips)?
    ... you really dont win much do you pal? dont get mad when people call you awful...you bring it on yourself... nba playoffs are quite profitable for the books, fwiw

brahmabull117

Quote Originally Posted by paranoyd androyd View Post
    Is it because people don't have the discipline to just play the series lines (which is free money) and are constantly playing the spreads in all the games (which are coinflips)?

Oh gotcha

Yea NBA playoffs are astoundingly predictable. How much money could you have made just betting on the bulls in every series in 90s? I'm sure some of their matchups in the finals had respectable like - 160 lines as well

brahmabull117

Quote Originally Posted by raydog View Post

What exactly are you laughing at? EVERY series so far has gone exactly how people expected it to except the Bulls because they lost D Rose

Gee
    Gee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2327

Cue a stupid NoCoin comment... its coming.

brahmabull117

Quote Originally Posted by Gee View Post
    Cue a stupid NoCoin comment... its coming.

I don't even think NC can challenge the fact that the NBA playoffs are outrageously predictable

JMobile
    CM Punk -1000.5 (100X)
    JMobile's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26848

dont get mad brah

mh217
    mh217's Avatar Become A Pro!

C'mon guy everyone know Vegas doesn't lose..just cause you win a bit on the NBA so what?..99% of the people blow it back on other bets...silly post.

chopperocker
    Hang on baby, cuz life's a BITCH!!!
    chopperocker's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55608

cuz people bet on MLB and give it all back!

brahmabull117

Quote Originally Posted by mh217 View Post
    C'mon guy everyone know Vegas doesn't lose..just cause you win a bit on the NBA so what?..99% of the people blow it back on other bets...silly post.

If there's anybody here who loses betting on NBA Playoff series prices, they should stop gambling

raydog

What exactly are you laughing at? EVERY series so far has gone exactly how people expected it to except the Bulls because they lost D Rose
    im laughing at you kid... you are trying to convince himself of something that simply isnt true...if you want to believe it, i wont stop you... all i can do is tell you that you are wrong and if you want, you should ask loshak to do an interview with some of the guys who work for books.... and fwiw, books made out well on the memphis series as well... why do kids always think they know all the ins and outs of whats going on at books? i will never understand this guessing out loud shit ...

i agree there are some big favs every year, but not everyone lays the big price

brahmabull117

Quote Originally Posted by raydog View Post
    books made out well on the memphis series as well....

Cool. Every other series so far has resulted with the obvious choice winning

Same thing as really every other year in the NBA

Kindred
    Bitcoin=Freedom
    Kindred's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 473

You mean like how philly beat the Bulls this year as 10-1 underdogs

raydog

or how every year people back lebron and get buried...

i tell you what, bigtimer...ill fly to vegas before the finals starts...hopefully, i can stay at your penthouse that you bought with all your nba series winnings on top of the palms or ceasers...which one is it? and you can show me how easy it its to win at this... what do you say?

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1710

Do Celtics have Value?
    Do Thunder have Value?
    Do Pacers have Value?

brahmabull117

Quote Originally Posted by Kindred View Post

they were 20-1 underdogs, which anybody betting the bulls is f*cking retarded. There's never any value in a 20-1 favorite

Also, the only reason the Bulls lost is cause they didn't have Rose

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

If you bet every favorite series this year you would be 10-2 but down money, you would lose money the last two years as well
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Kindred

brahmabull117

Quote Originally Posted by rm18 View Post
    If you bet every favorite series this year you would be 10-2 but down money, you would lose money the last two years as well

Why the hell would anybody bet the Bulls as 20 to 1 favorite? Otherwise, you definitely would not be down money going 10-1 considering the avg line of the other series has been around - 300 to - 400

raydog

they were 20-1 underdogs, which anybody betting the bulls is f*cking retarded. There's never any value in a 20-1 favorite

Also, the only reason the Bulls lost is cause they didn't have Rose
    uh, but wait...didnt you just say that the playoffs are so predictable and easy...so how do you win these predictable and easy series if you arent betting the favs...at whatever price??? just do yourself a favor and stop...

Gee
    Gee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2327

I don't even think NC can challenge the fact that the NBA playoffs are outrageously predictable
    He will chime in with his 2c about something ridiculous trying to prove that he's smarter than everyone on here, yet basically bets air and seems to be pretty bad at this.

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

What about 2010 when Boston won as both a +400 and +250 dog? Dallas won as a +380 and +180 dog last year.

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6765

Did you not see how many people were on Philly in game 7... betting LA game 5 vs OKC... etc etc etc

betting Pacers after the Heat had taken control of series...

i love the NBA playoffs... i always try to get better lines... like yesterday, even that Harden bad beat only gave me a push not a loss because i was on Spurs 2h and Spurs -.5 in a teaser... did not like the ML or -5.5

RAPISTburger84
    RAPISTburger84's Avatar Become A Pro!

Brahma No one bets on heavily juiced favorites except you...they'd rather bet on point spreads and get the immediate payoff rather than wait a week for a -500 favorite to cash on the series ML

Koldazzice
    Koldazzice's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4245

Quote Originally Posted by Kindred View Post

this

raydog

i just realized the kid started the thread when the heat were up about 10...in game 1 ...

brahmabull117

Quote Originally Posted by rm18 View Post
    What about 2010 when Boston won as both a +400 and +250 dog? Dallas won as a +380 and +180 dog last year.

Boston >>> Early round matchups in 2010 based on experience
    Boston >>> Cleveland when you consider that it was 3 stars against 1

Dallas beating the Lakers last year was the only pure upset in the playoffs. People will say that Dallas beating the Heat was an upset but I don't buy it. Lebron's tendency to choke in big situations made that a 50-50 proposition at best

brahmabull117

Quote Originally Posted by ThaTopMoron View Post
    Did you not see how many people were on Philly in game 7

This is how you know somebody has no business gambling and no business gambling on basketball

A team with zero significant playoff experience winning a game 7 on the road against a veteran team happens about as often as a Solar Eclipse

brahmabull117

Quote Originally Posted by RAPISTburger84 View Post
    Brahma No one bets on heavily juiced favorites except you...they'd rather bet on point spreads and get the immediate payoff rather than wait a week for a -500 favorite to cash on the series ML

Except that 99% of people betting on basketball spreads aren't making money cause it's a coin flip

And you don't have to bet on huge lines. Boston was - 200 in first round and - 240 in 2nd round (both very obvious choices when you consider difference in experience). San Antonio is an easy and obvious choice over OKC now and that line started at - 175 (obvious choice based on experience and home court advantage)

People just don't have the patience and discipline to enjoy free money and would rather sweat it out and lose money by hitting 50% ATS on NBA spreads
    Last edited by brahmabull117; 05-28-12 at 08:52 PM.

Dutch
    Honky Lips
    Dutch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 736

To ask the question "How does Vegas not get buried?" means you can't imagine all the losing parlays, the losing sides, the losing over/unders, all the stupid fuking losing prop bets....

"How many millions does Vegas make during the NBA playoffs?" would have been a better question.

brahmabull117

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
    To ask the question "How does Vegas not get buried?" means you can't imagine all the losing parlays, the losing sides, the losing over/unders, all the stupid fuking losing prop bets....

Fair points

1)Anybody who bets on basketball totals is a retard. I have no interest in coin flips
    2)Pretty much the same thing with spreads

The only way to make money in basketball playoffs is series lines, which are very easy to predict. Most people just don't have the patience and discipline to not bet on every stupid game when they know they're not gonna do better than 50% anyways
    Last edited by brahmabull117; 05-28-12 at 09:00 PM.

rake922
    rake922's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2105

I know a guy that bet 7 cars on Bulls series price vs phily and lost... Well no I don't but I'm sure somebody did

brahmabull117

Quote Originally Posted by rake922 View Post
    I know a guy that bet 7 cars on Bulls series price vs phily and lost... Well no I don't but I'm sure somebody did

Anybody who bets a 20-1 favorite is a retard and has no business gambling anyways

1234 Last