fireinmybelly
    fireinmybelly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 419

Has anyone else lived without gambling?

I feel like my past 3 years of life have revolved around it. I look at lines every morning and night. 7 Eastern there is only one thing on my mind, finding winners for last minute wagers. Nothing else matters to me. I love to wager on games and to pick a winner is the best feeling in the world to me. But , I feel that doing this every day is unhealthy. I have to realize there is more to life then just this. I am not going to attempt, but I am going to accomplish taking a long break until July. I guess this is going to be a detox from gambling that is long over-due. I'm 26 years old and I am sure I am in this for life.. I am fine with that, but I do not want to be compulsive or end up under a bridge. When it is time to take a break, we must take a break right? Doing something constantly every moment can alter the thought process and cloud your judgement.This is something to better myself as a person and as a sports bettor. There will always be more games.
    Last edited by fireinmybelly; 05-26-12 at 08:01 PM.

fireinmybelly

Seriously, have you lived life without gambling? Have you bet on sports every day for years ? What is the longest you have gone without gambling? I feel like this is more powerful then drugs. We look at money differently, we justify our gambling and losses, we chase.. Many on here will bet on a sport they know nothing about. It alters our risk taking. I need a break, I gotta step away.. ask yourself if you do to.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: bozeman

fireinmybelly

Too much of anything is bad for you, moderation is key. This is my first step in finding it.

allabout the $$$
    Update your status
    allabout the $$$'s Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 26811

dude you are 26 its sat night memorial day weekend get the fukk out of your house and get laid

fireinmybelly

I just joined a 24 hour fitness plan on going every day for a month straight, have a friend who is a personal trainer to workout with too. Still going to have to fight urges every day and try and find stuff to keep me busy.

Brock Landers
    Forever in Debt to your Priceless Advice
    Brock Landers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8792

Ask jjgold

fireinmybelly

Almost all posters on SBR and covers wager every day. Shit ain't healthy man. Gotta take days off. Have a good night SBR, see ya in July.

mynameismud
    mynameismud's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8427

good luck. just dont replace it with anything worse for you.

mh217
    mh217's Avatar Become A Pro!

i give you 3 days tops

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Never

Gambling is what keeps us going

I mean I took a few days off here and there

Played the game when I got in trouble..faked I was in GA

Blew cash from family when I told them I was opening a fukkin Deli years back

Anything goes to stay in the fukkin game

your a bet a way from mink coats and fukkin broads

lunchbawks
    NB#
    lunchbawks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 173

It's not.difficult, find another hobby

BuddyBear
    Update your status
    BuddyBear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4805

If you can help it, avoid gambling. It will ruin your life. It is one of the single worse habits you will ever pick up.

Contrary to what you might expect by reading all these posts and threads, almost everyone on SBR is losing money. Gamblers are proud people so they never tell you they lose, but the reality is all but a handful of posters are losing money long term.

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1896

You're a gambling addict.

But as long you do not loan, pay your bills first and can afford to lose. Then you can gamble without consequences.

capitalist pig
    capitalist pig's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 346

Nothing wrong with taking a break, I do it several times a year. Its like everything else in life, if you do it everyday you get burnt out,JMO.

later

coop
    coop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 127

sweet life f\*g

Br0nxer
    July 2012 Poster of the Month
    Br0nxer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 888

went about 9 months in 2004

you will always come back to it no matter how long the break

there is no getting out for good

MJT1212
    ECU Pirates
    MJT1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

I take EXTENDED breaks every year. I'm a seasonal/recreational gambler, I don't like baseball so as soon as CBB's over I'm usually done until football starts up, some years I get into more dedicated to gambling than others. When I do get into a gambling period though I'm ALL ABOUT IT, morning noon and night. When I'm not gambling, I don't even think about it. Doesn't even cross my mind. Try taking some seasons/sports off. When you start getting into/gambling a sport you do not normally follow just to gamble, it usually means gambling is taking a too much control of you and your life.

teaserpleaser
    teaserpleaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Brock Landers lost $90,000 and lost his wife and family because of it.

He swore on his 8 inch rooster he would never gamble again

6 months later he had 2k on a small school college hoops game.

He then embezzled money after that got caught and fired

Went to GA

Was back in action this year again

This kid will never stop

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

take a few days off here and there, after the euro ends prob will have under 20 bets total until football starts.

TheMetsSuck
    TheMetsSuck's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1470

I think I'm addicted to jerking off. I have never taken off more than a week since I learned how. Maybe I'll join you for the month of june

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

life is a gamble pal. man up!!!!! don't let the game play you...

Told You So!
    Told You So!'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 196

When I am not gambling on sports i am speculating on other things like sports autographs and some such...I also have other things I buy on Ebay since I do not have much disposable income. But what happens is I always sell at the beginning of football season and have a nice bankroll my wife does not know about!!!

tatommack
    cowboys make the playoffs
    tatommack's Avatar Become A Pro!

Sounds like a break would be good for you. You don't want to end up in GA. My dad has it bad he's borrowed money from everyone he knows. He gets 4k every month from the government and is broke a week later. He called me begging for 100 bucks so he could play his pick numbers he plays everyday. Not for food or gas to play freaking numbers. He's lost everything he ran a hospital making 300k big house boat everything thing is gone but his Harley.

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

How would know if you were lucky on any given day if you did not place a wager ?

Rod Tidwell
    Rod Tidwell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 43

Firebelly, if you're gambling like that and you're 26, you're f'cked. It sounds like you're an action guy, I am too. Wait until you're married with kids, life can get pretty boring. If gambling is your "action" in life, it's gonna be a tough road for you especially when you're older. I'm speaking from experience. You have to set reasonable limits and stay within them, if you can't, go cold turkey.

If I were 26, I'd hit the gym do a cycle and bang as many women as my weiner would allow....god speed.