DiggityDaggityDo
    DiggityDaggityDo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30698

Any value on Frank Mir +435?

Anybody betting Mir?

I think I'm gonna throw a lil sumthin on him.

fosho14
    fosho14's Avatar Become A Pro!

NOPE, Mir is a few hours away from forgetting where he is. He has no shot in hell. The line should be -900. GL though I guess we'll soon find out.

PedroG
    PedroG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 110

Hell yes theres Value on Mir ... He a former two time Champ and a Black Belt in BJJ. He was a big dog against Lesnar in the first bout , we all remember what happened there ... Most likely Dos Santos will KO him ,but if the fight goes to the ground that +435 will be golden. I think Dos Santos should be around -350 , not -550 , so I think theres value with anything over 400 , I already bet Mir and may come back for some more ...

fosho14

Quote Originally Posted by PedroG View Post
    Hell yes theres Value on Mir ... He a former two time Champ and a Black Belt in BJJ. He was a big dog against Lesnar in the first bout , we all remember what happened there ... Most likely Dos Santos will KO him ,but if the fight goes to the ground that +435 will be golden. I think Dos Santos should be around -350 , not -550 , so I think theres value with anything over 400 , I already bet Mir and may come back for some more ...
    If there was a line for the chances of the fight going to the ground it would be -100000000000000 that it doesn't. Can't wait for this fight.

fosho14

Mir has even admitted that he has no chance of taking dos santos down conventionally and is going to have to resort to pulling guard lol. Whether or not he was joking..well I don't really care because that seems about right.

PedroG

This is the Heavy division and an anything is possible ... Mir is as a decorated Heavyweight as anybody in the division , your saying Dos Santos should be -900 ? LMAO ( heck he will most likely win ) but to say he would win 9 times in a row before Mir wins once is Ludicrous ... WHATS THE COME back on 900 , Ill take that with you ? Have a mod hold the money ... Ill put a Hundy to win 750 , is that ok ? since he cant lose ? should be a no brainer for you .....??

dj_destroyer
    I'm +EV
    dj_destroyer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 383

No value on Mir whatsoever at this price... if he hits +500, there could be a small edge on him.

DiggityDaggityDo

JDS predicts he will knock Mir out in the 2nd round.

Nick Papageorgio
    Nick Papageorgio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Mir by knee bar

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

Value??? YES!!!

bigjah15
    bigjah15's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

Think about it. Mir was in la la land before he got lucky and caught nog.just imagine what dos santos hands are going to do.Mir lights are gettin shut off tonight.

In the primetime episode last night it showed dos santos talkin to carwin. Dos santos said show me your way? And Cardin said don't worry you will be fine with your hands.

Only way Mir has a chance is if dos santos slips on one of the ads on the mat and falls.

bigjah15

Think dos santos will win but Mir at +400 is good value. Would play it small but no play for me. Bol though. Also like Struve by submission.

tony_come
    tony_come's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1122

^wtf?????

DiggityDaggityDo

Quote Originally Posted by bigjah15 View Post
    Think about it. Mir was in la la land before he got lucky and caught nog.just imagine what dos santos hands are going to do.Mir lights are gettin shut off tonight.

In the primetime episode last night it showed dos santos talkin to carwin. Dos santos said show me your way? And Cardin said don't worry you will be fine with your hands.

Only way Mir has a chance is if dos santos slips on one of the ads on the mat and falls.
    Think dos santos will win but Mir at +400 is good value. Would play it small but no play for me. Bol though. Also like Struve by submission.

Wanna Bet On It?
    Hog or pass
    Wanna Bet On It?'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5734

So I take it you hit the prop of JDS slipping on a banana peel ad for > +400 then?

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24866

Lol

dj_destroyer
    I'm +EV
    dj_destroyer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 383

Quote Originally Posted by tony_come View Post
    ^wtf?????
    +1

I think he meant to make one of those posts on his ghost account...

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29042

Quote Originally Posted by DiggityDaggityDo View Post
    Anybody betting Mir?

I think I'm gonna throw a lil sumthin on him.
    i got Mir by Submission(+575)

**only way he wins imo, so ill take the much better odds
    Last edited by 5mike5; 05-26-12 at 12:56 PM.

bigjah15

There's value on mir at +400 based on his experience and such. You don't see Mir at that price often. However I think dos santos will win that's why it's a no play for me.

Mir by submission is the only shot hebhas

bigjah15

Quote Originally Posted by Wanna Bet On It? View Post
    So I take it you hit the prop of JDS slipping on a banana peel ad for > +400 then?
    Correct haha...

DiggityDaggityDo

+450 now

FindTheLock
    FindTheLock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 191

Quote Originally Posted by 5mike5 View Post
    i got Mir by Submission(+575)

**only way he wins imo, so ill take the much better odds
    well done. I think you're right. I don't think mir will win; however, if he does manage to win it will most likely be by submission. If Mir submits JDS it will probably get SOTN and that might pay even more.

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47489

mir by KO is +1500 at bookmaker...if Mir wins, this is the way it goes down imo...

PedroG

I played Hardy -120

it really is do or die this time for him , I think he DOES ....

FindTheLock

Quote Originally Posted by JAKEPEAVY21 View Post
    mir by KO is +1500 at bookmaker...if Mir wins, this is the way it goes down imo...
    mir will not KO JDS. I would be completely shocked if that happened. JDS is a very good boxer. It would be amazing if Mir could keep from getting KO'd by JDS, but it would be a miracle if he knocked JDS out.

Jesus Christ
    Jesus Christ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 83

I sort of agree with what you're getting at...only way Mir wins this fight is by dropping JDS at some point, he just doesn't have any kind of wrestling to get this to the mat..but I think it's more likely Mir latches on a sub rather than going with some GNP for the finish.(outside of a straight KO of coruse)

JAKEPEAVY21

Quote Originally Posted by FindTheLock View Post
    mir will not KO JDS. I would be completely shocked if that happened. JDS is a very good boxer. It would be amazing if Mir could keep from getting KO'd by JDS, but it would be a miracle if he knocked JDS out.
    I highly doubt Mir can take down JDS...noone else has yet in the UFC...if there is any chance that Mir wins, it will be a punch hitting it's mark...How can you say that in the heavyweight division that it isn't possible for a guy over 250 pounds to KO the other?

JAKEPEAVY21

Quote Originally Posted by Jesus Christ View Post
    I sort of agree with what you're getting at...only way Mir wins this fight is by dropping JDS at some point, he just doesn't have any kind of wrestling to get this to the mat..but I think it's more likely Mir latches on a sub rather than going with some GNP for the finish.(outside of a straight KO of coruse)
    exactly...no way this fight goes to a decision either

FindTheLock

If Mir did drop JDS with a punch his natural instinct would be to slap on a sub.

FindTheLock

I highly doubt Mir can take down JDS...noone else has yet in the UFC...if there is any chance that Mir wins, it will be a punch hitting it's mark...How can you say that in the heavyweight division that it isn't possible for a guy over 250 pounds to KO the other?
    I never said it was not possible, I simply said I don't think it will happen.

Wanna Bet On It?
    Hog or pass
    Wanna Bet On It?'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5734

Because Frank Mir has NEVER ever shown one punch KO power in his entire career. The best single punch he ever landed was catching Kongo, stumbling him and then slapped on a choke. The only flash KO he has was vs broken down Cro Cop where the two of them were in the clinch, Cro Cop threw a wild overhand left and then had his head pulled down while Mir threw a glacier-speed knee upwards to drop Mirko. Stylistically, Frank's best chance would be to land a counter when JDS over-extends on a punch, which would almost certainly lead to JDS being "only" hurt/rocked in the best case scenario given Frank's lack of hand speed and power, which would lead to Frank trying to jump on a sub.

Mir by KO is beyond reaching.

bigjah15

Mir will not be able to touch dos santos. Mir only shot at winning is submission or well that's it

PedroG

If you break down their bouts vs Nelson ... I think Mir did a much better job against Tubby than JDS did ... Mir got out of that bout virtually unscathed while Santos had his face cut up pretty good, both won via unanimous decision and for both the fight was on the feet the whole bout ...

Mirs standup is underrated , he has a an accurate straight forward punch whereas JDS likes to throw looping bombs and hooks after he sets up with his jab, in theory if both throw a power punch at the same time Frank should connect first, as for power , JDS holds the edge, but dont underestimate Franks stand up , he was the first guy to ever KO Big Nog ( JDS hero ) and the first to submit him ....

bobby heenan
    Update your status
    bobby heenan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 75

not big on mma...but youd have to think anyone at +400 in that sport is a good value....

Rubber Guard
    Rubber Guard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5152

Quote Originally Posted by PedroG View Post
    but if the fight goes to the ground that +435 will be golden.
    Sure...if they both trip and fall to the ground then he has a chance.

1234 Last