d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21653

Quote Originally Posted by SBR_John View Post
    I'd keep Gasol. You're not going to get much for him, maybe a 2nd round pick or a trade to the Spurs for Blair something like that. First player I would deal is Sessions. They need a dynamic point guard. That's the huge glaring weakness of the lakers.
    How about Luol Deng and Carlos Boozer for Gasol and McRoberts. Deal works per NBA Trade Machine. I think it could make a lot of sense for both teams. Sessions/Kobe/Deng/Boozer/Bynum might work well.

lunchbawks
    NB#
    lunchbawks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 173

Bulls would never do that deal

wantitall4moi
    wantitall4moi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3834

so many people star struck by kobe guys hasnt done shit in years, the last year they won it was because phil utilized gasol and bynum correctly and they beat the lakers in a tight seven game series that with anyone else but Phil jackson coaching lakers would have lost in 6 games, maybe even 5. There could actually be a case that the bench, anchored by Lamar Odom won that series for them since they won game 6 with a massive comeback with the second string on the court to steal that game to force the game seven. But people dont want to remeber the 'details'. They just want to think Kobe is the only player the lakers have ever had or will ever need. When the fact is when he doesnt and hasnt had a lot of help that was used properly he hasnt done shit.

Problem is even if they wanted to, I think he has a no trade clause, and even if he doesnt he is going to make something like 23 million next year so there is no way in hell any teams takes that salary on, even a complete kobe jocksniffing GM wouldnt do that. So he stays.

So that leaves you weith the pieces, I highlighted them in my thread, but the pieces here are not good, or cant play with Kobe. So they trade the only two guys they have with any talent to replace them with less talented guys they hope can play with kobe. That has been the standard here for 15 years. Getting gasol was a joke but he was able to stand Kobe for a few years, I am sure Phil helped but once he got tired of the shit you saw what happened. Bynum same thing. He was drafted, he is(was) supposed to be the cornerstone and future of the building going forward for the Lakers. But now people are ready to let him go for damaged goods. Seriously I dont think Howard would come to Lakers, and he has that stipulation in his contract so not sure how much control he really has, even if he isnt hurt. Howard is a huge question mark. From a health sand point to a personality one.

As for the whole point guard thhing we have heard that for years, but guess what with Kobe still on the team a point guard no matter how good isnt going to do shit, kobe likes doing it all, sure he might let a guy slash and crash the basket for a little bit but the second he starts to feel over shadowed he will just start jacking up stupid shots. Besides any point guard with a brain is going to pass to Gasol or Bynum (assuming they are still around) why pass to a guy who is 15-20 feet from the basket will be double teamed and more than likely still shoot it? Even Chris Paul had he come would have grown tired of Kobes act pretty quick.

You guys can say what you want but keeping what they have now, and getting rid of guys like Blake, McRoberts and Kobe and getting draft picks or close to equal for Bake and McRoberts would have this team in a very good position in 2 or 3 years. Keeping Kobe just prolongs the rebuilding process theyre going to have to go through, and by then Bynum (if he is still here) will be 10 years in and who knows how mentally damaged.

The biggest knock on Kobe is he doesnt make people around him better, so for all the shit people want to applaud him for that is a very negative characteristic. Even Jordon who liked to hog the ball at least attempted to make guys around him better. Kobe plays the blame game and almost sets guys up to look dumb and then bash them for it. He is just a bad team mate. Thats why there has never been anyone willing to come play for the Lakers of all teams since he as been there. Only guys who came in were malone and Peyton and they came for Shaq, once shaq got traded they both basically retired rather than come back to play with Kobe another year. if that doesnt tell people how bad Kobe is I dont know what will.

William Walters
    William Walters's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

Quote Originally Posted by wantitall4moi View Post
    so many people star struck by kobe guys hasnt done shit in years, the last year they won it was because phil utilized gasol and bynum correctly and they beat the lakers in a tight seven game series that with anyone else but Phil jackson coaching lakers would have lost in 6 games, maybe even 5. There could actually be a case that the bench, anchored by Lamar Odom won that series for them since they won game 6 with a massive comeback with the second string on the court to steal that game to force the game seven. But people dont want to remeber the 'details'. They just want to think Kobe is the only player the lakers have ever had or will ever need. When the fact is when he doesnt and hasnt had a lot of help that was used properly he hasnt done shit.

Problem is even if they wanted to, I think he has a no trade clause, and even if he doesnt he is going to make something like 23 million next year so there is no way in hell any teams takes that salary on, even a complete kobe jocksniffing GM wouldnt do that. So he stays.

So that leaves you weith the pieces, I highlighted them in my thread, but the pieces here are not good, or cant play with Kobe. So they trade the only two guys they have with any talent to replace them with less talented guys they hope can play with kobe. That has been the standard here for 15 years. Getting gasol was a joke but he was able to stand Kobe for a few years, I am sure Phil helped but once he got tired of the shit you saw what happened. Bynum same thing. He was drafted, he is(was) supposed to be the cornerstone and future of the building going forward for the Lakers. But now people are ready to let him go for damaged goods. Seriously I dont think Howard would come to Lakers, and he has that stipulation in his contract so not sure how much control he really has, even if he isnt hurt. Howard is a huge question mark. From a health sand point to a personality one.

As for the whole point guard thhing we have heard that for years, but guess what with Kobe still on the team a point guard no matter how good isnt going to do shit, kobe likes doing it all, sure he might let a guy slash and crash the basket for a little bit but the second he starts to feel over shadowed he will just start jacking up stupid shots. Besides any point guard with a brain is going to pass to Gasol or Bynum (assuming they are still around) why pass to a guy who is 15-20 feet from the basket will be double teamed and more than likely still shoot it? Even Chris Paul had he come would have grown tired of Kobes act pretty quick.

You guys can say what you want but keeping what they have now, and getting rid of guys like Blake, McRoberts and Kobe and getting draft picks or close to equal for Bake and McRoberts would have this team in a very good position in 2 or 3 years. Keeping Kobe just prolongs the rebuilding process theyre going to have to go through, and by then Bynum (if he is still here) will be 10 years in and who knows how mentally damaged.

The biggest knock on Kobe is he doesnt make people around him better, so for all the shit people want to applaud him for that is a very negative characteristic. Even Jordon who liked to hog the ball at least attempted to make guys around him better. Kobe plays the blame game and almost sets guys up to look dumb and then bash them for it. He is just a bad team mate. Thats why there has never been anyone willing to come play for the Lakers of all teams since he as been there. Only guys who came in were malone and Peyton and they came for Shaq, once shaq got traded they both basically retired rather than come back to play with Kobe another year. if that doesnt tell people how bad Kobe is I dont know what will.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21653

Quote Originally Posted by lunchbawks View Post
    Bulls would never do that deal
    Really? I think I would. Boozer needs to go and if there is a way to get it done it should get done. Deng is pretty good and the Bulls have gotten a lot out of him, but his contract isn't a great value, only two more years left I think, he's got a lot of mileage on him and he's been banged up. Bulls might benefit from getting younger sooner at that spot and giving Jimmy Butler a chance. Gasol is a bridge to Nikola Mirotic who should be available to come over in 2-3 years. Gasol has fallen out with the Lakers but he's still a very good player and has a lot left, I think. I think he'd pair well with Noah.

Why do you think this would be a bad deal for the Bulls?

wantitall4moi

LOL Laker fans are all the same.... Boozer? Seriously? Another washed up never was, he wasnt good enough to be called a has been. Deng is Ok, but he isnt gasol thats for sure. Gasol is one of the best forwards in the league, and if he played for a team that used him right he would be a star.

All these names people spouting out are all clear downgrades from what they already have. They saw that with Odom. They move these really good players to get trash in retunr mostly because Kobe doesnt want to play with them anymore or they dont want to play with Kobe. Kobe has made his bed so he had to deal with it. I just wish he would talk shit about Artest and have Artest drop him in the locker room. But Kobe is smart enough not to mention Artest at all.

But when Ron frigging Artest is your second biggest impact player in the second round of the play offs you know something is wrong, especially when you have 2 all star 7 footers on the team.

Easy to blame Brown, but Brown is seeing what Phil saw and Rudy saw, its Kobes team and everyone including the coaches are just there for window dressing. Brown basically ran the defense, which was steller, but still not enough to overcome the stupidity of the offensive schemes.

ProfaneReality
    ProfaneReality's Avatar Become A Pro!

Good thing Lakers traded away their 2 first rounders.

wantitall4moi

Quote Originally Posted by ProfaneReality View Post
    Good thing Lakers traded away their 2 first rounders.
    yeah these idiot 'laker fans' dont think those things matter. although they did get Hill for one, he is good but they could have got him without the pick I am sure. fisher and the pick was a steep price.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

You cannot build a team around an aging ball hog

End of story

think young

pepero428
    pepero428's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by wantitall4moi View Post

I saw this on another forum gave me a good laugh and shows how much of an ahole mj was on court

"Headache tonight, Scottie?" - Michael asks Scottie, while showing him his 2-for-16 line

"Give me the fu*king ball." - Michael to Doug Collins who drew up a play for Dave Corzine

"I hate when I have to read that in the papers the next day, that I couldn't do something. It wasn't my fault."

"You're an idiot. You've screwed up every play we ever ran. You're too stupid to even remember the plays. We ought to get rid of you." - Michael to Horace Grant

"They've got no idea what it's all about. The white guys, they work hard, but they don't have the talent. And the rest of them? Who knows what to expect? They're not good for much of anything."

QuantumLeap
    Let's go, Brandon!
    QuantumLeap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8218

Quote Originally Posted by thetrinity View Post
    ya when he was 30 years old, do you think people age backwards like benjamin button?
    Wow! You're confronted with Kobe almost winning the scoring title and you come up with this?

Talk about not addressing the issue.

antifoil
    Update your status
    antifoil's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6611

so where are the lakers getting the cap room to sign top talent to a max deal?

not only is kobe hogging the ball, his contract is hogging all the cap room.

flyingillini
    flyingillini's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2187

The sad thing about this thread is who cares about grown men and what teams they play on. They have no loyalty to their team, they go where they are going to get paid. Why should you care one second about stuff like this? Go do something with your time than caring about what moves a team is making.

flyingillini
    flyingillini's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2187

It's as bad as a grown man wearing a jersey. I get kids doing it but as an adult wearing a jersey is very lame.

Reedeman
    Reedeman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 495

Doesn't matter if you have hakeem fukking olajuwan circa 95' playing center for that team; first option will always be kobe. He's still a great player but he's a black hole and there's no excuse for that when you've got 2 of the most dominant big men in the game on the floor too. Hypothetically, if they traded Kobe for a PG a la CP3 or Rondo; someone who creates plays and offense primarily with assists and has scoring abilities, they would go very far.
    Kobe also undermines coaches and players, and is considered by many to be almost "uncoachable". Not a good quality to have in pro-basketball.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

Quote Originally Posted by QuantumLeap View Post
    Wow! You're confronted with Kobe almost winning the scoring title and you come up with this?

Talk about not addressing the issue.
    you honestly think hes better then he was 4 years ago? obviously you dont watch games and look at stat lines only. i didnt even read the clowns speech after the first sentence, hes the biggest troll on this site and didnt even deserve a response anyways.
    Last edited by thetrinity; 05-22-12 at 06:36 PM.

Bill Dozer
    @BillDozer110
    Bill Dozer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21705

I saw Stephen A Smith suggesting Deron Williams and Lopez could go to LA for Bynum. This is a win win for the Nets and LA. Deron is gone anyways and if he knows he is going to LA with two 7 foot scorers it could make LA the winner? Theyll get Odom back for peanuts on the dollar. If they can unload Artest, theyll have cap room for Howard too.

QuantumLeap
    Let's go, Brandon!
    QuantumLeap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8218

Quote Originally Posted by thetrinity View Post
    you honestly think hes better then he was 4 years ago? obviously you dont watch games and look at stat lines only. i didnt even read the clowns speech after the first sentence, hes the biggest troll on this site and didnt even deserve a response anyways.
    I never said he's better. Those are your words. I say he's still got it.

Sure he's a ball hog and shoots a lot. But barely missing out on the scoring title means he's still got it.

antifoil
    Update your status

they would still have to dump more salary. they can't sign both lopez and williams to long term deals by just getting bynum off the books.

bynum is going to be paid 15 mil next year. willaims will get a max contract at whatever amount either 16, 18, or 19 mil depending on what percentage he gets. lopez isn't a max player but should get around 10 mil a year because big guys always get paid.

wantitall4moi

Lakers are buried under the Cap, Gasol stil has 40 million, but there is one deal that makes sense for him that is probably a win win. Iguodala for Gaso straight up, they make about the same amount of money and he is much more athletic than Gasol, not as tall obviously but active enough to make up for it.

Howard isnt going anywhere unless Williams signs with the Nets then he will go to Brooklyn. If that doesnt happen he will stay in Orlando or get traded to a contender and rented for a season. Williams will be signed somewhere by July I imagine so that will answer one part of it. If Williams stays in Brooklyn Howard going there is probably 75%. If Williams goes to Dallas or somewhere then Howard will stay in Orlando or get pawned off to a contender who hopes he wants to stay with them.

Lakers and their fans thinking they are going to make blockbuster deals are dreaming. They have the best options right now they just cant play with Kobe. So if they cant no will anyone else pretty much. But a short term change might work for a little bit, but it wont last long. And I doubt they will be able to make enough moves to be any better next year than they were this year.

Trading either Gasol or Bynum (or both) makes them worse, no question about that. Iguadola is the best options to let them fall the least but he is still a step back from gasol.

That is why Lakers are in serious trouble, the only players they have worth anything are better than anything they can expect to get in return. Jerry West isnt around anymore to give them sweetheart deals or help them put together deals like he used to (even when he worked for other teams).

jsmithj88
    jsmithj88's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Dozer View Post
    I saw Stephen A Smith suggesting Deron Williams and Lopez could go to LA for Bynum. This is a win win for the Nets and LA. Deron is gone anyways and if he knows he is going to LA with two 7 foot scorers it could make LA the winner? Theyll get Odom back for peanuts on the dollar. If they can unload Artest, theyll have cap room for Howard too.
    dude, u cant be serious rite?
    kobe + deron + howard + lopez + gasol
    thats not gonna work no matter how u fudge the math around
    3 of those are franchise players, kobe is already getting paid
    deron and howard gonna take a huge paycut to play with kobe?
    they wont even have a bench

jsmithj88
    jsmithj88's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    How about Luol Deng and Carlos Boozer for Gasol and McRoberts. Deal works per NBA Trade Machine. I think it could make a lot of sense for both teams. Sessions/Kobe/Deng/Boozer/Bynum might work well.
    that is a trade that both sides shud consider
    lakers would automatically get more athletic and improve their bench

wantitall4moi

Quote Originally Posted by jsmithj88 View Post
    dude, u cant be serious rite?
    kobe + deron + howard + lopez + gasol
    thats not gonna work no matter how u fudge the math around
    3 of those are franchise players, kobe is already getting paid
    deron and howard gonna take a huge paycut to play with kobe?
    they wont even have a bench
    Kobe, Iguodala (for Gasol), Williams (for less money) Howard (for reduced money), Artest(if they can keep him for cheap) then a bunch of scrubs, that is basically the 'best' line up they could dream of, it would cost them a ton, but it might be possible if theyre willing to spend and a couple guys willing to take a little less (which isnt likely). But it still isnt good enough to beat the Clippers, Spurs, or OKC who are already better and will be even better next year.

antifoil
    Update your status

what world do you live in where pre madonna, high drama, look at me howard take anything less than a max deal

First 12