seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

Spurs/Mavs semi's in 2006. Went 7 games and ot. Winner went to finals and led 2-0 before the ultimate collapse to heat.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

Quote Originally Posted by milwaukee mike View Post
    spurs are -165 at 5dimes

crazy since thunder were like +120 to win the west a couple days ago and now they are +145 to win the series
    i agree, this is kinda crazy. how could it move so much, thunder have played better competition in this playoffs then san antonio has.

SBR_John
    Wisky
    SBR_John's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42225

I was thinking -130ish.

Tofudog
    Tofudog's Avatar Become A Pro!

-175 at justbet... I think okc +155 has good value. I think the fact that the spurs haven't lost a game might come bite them in the ass. The sweeps are nice but the jazz and the clippers? too easy... The first game should be close but Spurs will win. Im sure OKC will go up around +225 which Ill jump on.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

I appreciate the spurs love but the thunder aren't exactly stiffs...they just rolled a team that a lot of people thought were legit title contenders. Thunder do match up well with SA too

Pauulzcappin
    Pauulzcappin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 568

Yes, OKC is good value, take the THunder!

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

i agree with john, i thought around 130. spurs have to be favored here and i think tofu might be right about the thunder having to fight and the spurs having it easy so far could bite them. i think san antonio definitely has a coaching edge, but brooks isnt a bad coach by any stretch, he could win an nba title.

ParlayKing
    ParlayKing's Avatar Become A Pro!

So what if spurs had easy competition? The last two rounds for the spurs were practice in essence. Westbrook is key, wether he decides to shoot first or pass first will determine how this series pans out.

imzdeals
    imzdeals's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 410

kings v lakers in 02 i believe

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1830

Quote Originally Posted by Tofudog View Post
    -175 at justbet... I think okc +155 has good value. I think the fact that the spurs haven't lost a game might come bite them in the ass. The sweeps are nice but the jazz and the clippers? too easy... The first game should be close but Spurs will win. Im sure OKC will go up around +225 which Ill jump on.
    Why not wait till they lose Game 1 and get better odds?

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1830

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    Spurs are legit, 29-2 translates well to any era because record would still be great if they lost a few of those games.
    Spurs are legit but this series has no comparison whatsoever to the Bulls/Pistons......

seaborneq
    It's time to collect

In fairness, Jazz and Clippers were the two worst playoff team in the West this year. Dallas and Lakers were top notch old timers. OKC takes this series very easily. The Clippers and Jazz did well scoring, OKC doesn't score less than 100 in any game.

betcha_bottom$
    betcha_bottom$'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 177

Quote Originally Posted by imzdeals View Post
    kings v lakers in 02 i believe
    that's a good one. the nets had no chance.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Quote Originally Posted by seaborneq View Post
    In fairness, Jazz and Clippers were the two worst playoff team in the West this year. Dallas and Lakers were top notch old timers. OKC takes this series very easily. The Clippers and Jazz did well scoring, OKC doesn't score less than 100 in any game.
    So the Spurs didn't face any good teams during their 29-2 (legitimately 29-1) run? And how did the Clippers and Jazz "do well scoring" if neither reached 100 points in any game and the Spurs are allowing just 88.8 points per game on 42.3 percent shooting in the playoffs? And that is not to mention the enormous post-season experience edge San Antonio has. Sorry, I just don;t see a team that has won 29 of its last 30 games when at full strength suddenly losing four out of seven to anybody.

JM92
    JM92's Avatar Become A Pro!

There are going to be a lot of disappointed people when this series is settled much more quickly than many expect. Spurs in 5, they will not lose at home and will steal either Game 3 or Game 4 in OKC. San Antonio is easily the best team in the NBA this season, and yes that includes Miami.
    You are wrong... Spurs in 4

No, but seriously, my only "concern" (I would like to see the Spurs lose being a Thunder fan) is that the Spurs haven't really been tested. And, to an extent, you really don't know how good they are or how good they will be when they face a team which has not half of their lineup banged up or that just can't get the ball in the basket (if the spurs played game 4 against Utah other 9 times, Utah would've took 8. Thunder, likely 10 of those). What happens when SA maybe doesn't manage to shoot 50% and on the other side there's a team who can shoot the lights out as well and has 3 guys able to keep them in the hunt at all time?

JM92
    JM92's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by ParlayKing View Post
    So what if spurs had easy competition? The last two rounds for the spurs were practice in essence. Westbrook is key, wether he decides to shoot first or pass first will determine how this series pans out.
    How is that key? I really dont see it. And I thought by now there wasn't even a question on what he should decide.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect

So the Spurs didn't face any good teams during their 29-2 (legitimately 29-1) run? And how did the Clippers and Jazz "do well scoring" if neither reached 100 points in any game and the Spurs are allowing just 88.8 points per game on 42.3 percent shooting in the playoffs? And that is not to mention the enormous post-season experience edge San Antonio has. Sorry, I just don;t see a team that has won 29 of its last 30 games when at full strength suddenly losing four out of seven to anybody.
    Clips and jazz scored over 90 twice despite being swept.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Quote Originally Posted by seaborneq View Post
    Clips and jazz scored over 90 twice despite being swept.
    OK but you say that as if it is an accomplishment. I know Spurs allowed a lot of points during the regular season but that had a lot to do with the pace they played at. They have shown that they can clamp down defensively when they have to.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect

I look for thunder to average 100 per game easily.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

my question is at what point do the thunder get credit for being an experienced playoff team? this is the 2nd straight year they have made it this far. spurs aint been this far since 08, aint won a title since 07. people are acting like this is a laker dynasty.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

i think both teams come in here playing great, should be an exciting series, dont know why people are expecting anything less.

Roadtrip635
    Roadtrip635's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21078

I love that people say the Spurs had an easy road so far, OKC could have been top seed but couldn't hold on to first place those last few days of a regular season when the Spurs really weren't trying to be the #1 seed. The Spurs were sitting starters right and left and still kept winning. The Spurs have just been making it look easy. The Mavs took OKC to the limit and that's a team older and slower than the Spurs. The Mavs might have been defending Champs, but they were a weak team, does anybody really believe the Spurs wouldn't have swept them? The Lakers might have won a game against the Spurs, but the way LA had been struggling on defense all year they would have struggled mightily against the Spurs, look at how they played defensively against the lowly Nuggets. Like LT said this team is 29-2(effectively 29-1) in their last 31 games, the Spurs have just been making it look easy.

OKC will definitely put up more of a fight and I would say probably 90% of this forum expected the WCF to be Thunder vs. Spurs. I still think the Spurs experience, execution and defense is gonna be what wins these games in the 4th quarter. The games will be close and Spurs win in 6. I really want to say in 5, but OKC has the shooters to keep them in it, but not the defense to win 4 of 7.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

Series living up to the hype

First 12