doylfish
    doylfish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9805

Quote Originally Posted by Ethan1122 View Post
    The future is bright for this team
    depends what they do with their upcoming free agents i guess...pretty much everyone besides iggy, holiday, and turner are done..although they probably are the 3 most important guys on that team. they really need a proven jump shooter though, too many slash and create guys that's why their offense stalls sometimes when they can't create a la iggy and jrue 2nd half on monday night

Quote Originally Posted by t-wizzle View Post
    Can Boston get back to the Finals?
    of course, even against miami, but the big question is can they win it, and that answer is probably no, spurs killing everything in sight right now and rested to the nines

Quote Originally Posted by bobby heenan View Post
    im a lifelong c's fan....and i was nervous watching most of the first half...and even at the half....its just tough with some of the guys they are running out there for minutes....rondo is doing his thing....and kg has been an animal...and bass has been great....but ray and paul are ailing...and the last thing they needed was bradley to be having problems.....bradley has come into his own and become so valuable.....if this team was at full strength...with jeff green and chris wilcox i would love them and think they had a legit shot at a title....but i dont know if this team wins a game 6 in philly.....and i just expect them to run out of gas at some point....especially if they are fortunate enough to get to the finals....
    im not worried about ray, he's looking better every game. let the 6ers forget about him and paul right now, no biggie, KG and Bass are the advantages that matter in this series. be time in the conference finals for ray and paul to get busy again

i totally agree on avery. any win or advance we have now is icing on the cake cause let's face it, C's are playing on borrowed time, this wasn't supposed to go this way this season. that being said, we don't really have a shot w/o avery, and even if he does play more this season there's no way his shoulder will be back to normal even by the finals

NYSportsGuy210
    NYSportsGuy210's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 131

Celtics suck when trying to close out series in play offs.....just saying.

zilchy
    zilchy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1256

T-wizzle come on man get your head back in the game. Everybody knew this series had 4-3 written all over it at the start and now you're second guessing? Philly will bounce back in this home game, Iguodala will bring it and their bench will be more productive at home. Young and Williams in particular. And the Celtics will not be scoring as well as last time. Bass and Stiemsma a combined 37? They'll be lucky to get half of those points this time.

PAYTON20
    PAYTON20's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 770

T-Wizz don't bet huge against your own team I swear it's bad karma man

Then if they win you can't even be happy, just sitting there feeling like a prick

Mocknroll
    Mocknroll's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think there will be more value in the C's ML late in the 1st. I expect Philly to come out firing at home, but Celtics need to close this out and rest. I can't see Boston getting beat at home if this does go to game 7, so they will want to finish this series early if they think the series win is theirs.

Speedy88
    Speedy88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1636

Garnett is going to hear it from the crowd tomorrow, yesterday he said Philadelphia fans are fair weather fans. Real smart KG, lets piss off the fans in game 6 of the NBA playoffs.

PAYTON20
    PAYTON20's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 770

Quote Originally Posted by Mocknroll View Post
    I think there will be more value in the C's ML late in the 1st. I expect Philly to come out firing at home, but Celtics need to close this out and rest. I can't see Boston getting beat at home if this does go to game 7, so they will want to finish this series early if they think the series win is theirs.
    Honestly don't get the "they want to win and close it out" reasoning... of course they do, it's the playoffs
    And Philly doesn't want to win???

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Boston is the sharp side tonight

They do not want to go to a game 7

Speedy88
    Speedy88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1636

For everyoen taking Boston because they don't want to play a game 7, maybe this will make you think twice: In the Doc Rivers era, C's are 3-10 in their first chance to close out a series. They are 7-3 in their second chance to close out.

ChalkyDog
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.
    ChalkyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

The C's are the play simply because the probabilities of losing money is so low.

Even if they lose this game, you can chase and most likely get it back + whatever on game 7.

The odds of Boston losing this series are low, the odds of Boston losing back to back are low, the odds of them not winning at home after a loss are low.

They are the better team. These guys are vets, these guys know how to win.

I am taking C's ML for a little bit, not much - if they lose I am pounding them at home.

Since Boston is +EV on the ML bet tonight, it would be stupid not to, IMO.

I am not playing ATS, I am playing them to win SU.

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Boston is the easy play. They have outplayed Philly in every game so far, tonight will be no different. Philly will be good in 3-4 years if they keep the team together but theyre not ready now, not even for 1 more win. , c's ML is the plays.

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

Quote Originally Posted by PAYTON20 View Post
    T-Wizz don't bet huge against your own team I swear it's bad karma man

Then if they win you can't even be happy, just sitting there feeling like a prick
    It's all good speedy. I already made one play against the sixers big this playoffs and was robbed when noah got hurt and the bulls blew a big lead. Wasn't upset at all when the sixers won that game.

I have destroyed these nba playoffs and have some coin to spend.

t-wizzle

Celtics ML +108 (15x)

I decided to sleep on it last night. Turned out to be a mistake as I could have gotten +120 but it is what it is. The Sixers are done fellas. The clock has struck midnight and the better team is going to move on tonight. With the way the Miami series is looking now, this game got even more important for Boston to at least give themselves a few days off because from the looks of it, the Heat will win tomorrow night which I'm assuming means the ECF will start Saturday night.

Philadelphia can hang with Boston when they are knocking down their outside shots and getting some fastbreak points but the truth is that the Sixers are really a poor shooting team and the Celtics have taken their defensive intensity up a notch. Overall, the Sixers have done a decent job on Rondo even though his numbers have been stellar. Normally, Rondo is able to dictate the pace of the game but we haven't really seen that at all this series as most of his damage has been done in the halfcourt.

It looks like Bradley will be a no-go but the Celtics will be able to overcome that just as they have overcome every other injury this season. Unfortunately, tonight won't be the only time that Boston has broken Philly's heart in basketball. History repeats itself guys. Don't try and hope for a great Philadelphia performance because even if they play well, the game will tighten up late for them and Boston will come up with the big stops and the big shots.

ebelisle22
    ebelisle22's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 61

yeah boston wins tonight. take the ml

YaMotha
    YaMotha's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4559

Joey Crawford has been summoned! Philly -1.5!!

a4u2fear
    TEASE IT
    a4u2fear's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 35459

Agreed, on celtics

migz
    migz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 856

Over or Under?

coachkap
    Update your status
    coachkap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1154

Another possible strategy would be to bet BOSTON in game 6 (if they lose... double bet size for next game) and bet BOSTON again in game 7... The Celtics are advancing to the Eastern Conference FINALS whether or not they win or lose game 6 ... Seventy-Sixers CANNOT beat BOSTON two games in a row, right?

coachkap
    Update your status
    coachkap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1154

Quote Originally Posted by migz View Post
    Over or Under?
    OVER in a close-out game.... sixers will have nothing to lose!

dlunc3
    dlunc3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1076

Be careful here... When focused this season, this philly team has really bounced back and responded well following a loss.

ridims
    ridims's Avatar Become A Pro!

in twiz we trust. celtics move on.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7600

Greek still at +2. Gl bro.

djpremier36
    djpremier36's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3398

BOTH East semifinals are going to game 7!

lakerboy

dont forget that philly opened -1.5 then went to -2.

Sport_Fish
    Sport_Fish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2039

Philly at -1 almost everywhere now....Pretty heavy money coming in on Boston.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Boston is the sharp side tonight

They do not want to go to a game 7
    Solid post JJ. This is extremely sharp. So the next question is... is Vegas and sportbooks going to give up all the dough tonight? In game 3 the books took a major hit with this exact same line. Do they take a hit tonight or do the hitting??? In fact, from the source I'm getting... it's more money on Boston tonight... than on Game 3. Huge blow if Vegas loses this game with the Boston win.

t-wizzle

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    dont forget that philly opened -1.5 then went to -2.
    Where bro? Pinnacle?

lakerboy

I'm gonna take philly before tip

lakerboy

Not pinny but some shops. Books juicing up bos +1.5. Greek at -120 +1.5 before -115 +2.

t-wizzle

Not pinny but some shops. Books juicing up bos +1.5. Greek at -120 +1.5 before -115 +2.
    I saw that -120 and did not like it.

My wager is in and I am confident in it. It should be a good game but I don't trust the Sixers to get it done in crunchtime.

dlunc3
    dlunc3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1076

I'm gonna take philly before tip

Im with you here lb... goonna be on the under and philly.. i dont see vegas getting beat up twice in this game.. at worst, ii expect to go 1-1

YaMotha
    YaMotha's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4559

I'm gonna roll with Philly 1st quarter...

Winning oasis
    Winning oasis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7651

The last 5 game totals have been (from most recent first) 185, 175, 198, 163, 183. 175 and 176 back and forth today. Why does the OVER look so obvious? You guys like the over or under?

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3768

let's get it T Wizz

also C's to win East

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3768

it's gonna be Celtics - Spurs finals.

First 12345 Last