Helllllloooooo . just happen to google 'sports betting' and was lucky enough to find this website and i have to say its great! (have not really explored the whole webby yet though)

anyway i do have a few questions to ask actually. first of all, i have been betting for couple of years and faces the same situation : I manage to grind about 300 - 500 bucks of profit with a bankroll of 150 over say 4-5 days and on the 6th day i lose 2-3 games and my profit is down to 100-200. what happens next is that i will go on tilt (poker terms) and bet 200-300 or all of my bankroll on the next game hoping to get lucky. Upon some self reflection i realise greed, ill discipline and poor poor money management is my downfall.

I believe greed and ill discipline comes down to not being able to control my emotions and let it get the better of me. But i find it really really difficult to keep my emotions in place especially you hit a bad run (4-5 losing streak), when even confidence of picking your next bet becomes a problem.

For money management wise, i have read some threads and found out that a lot of people go with 3-5% of their bankroll whereas some go with flat betting (i.e every match 20 bucks). This brings me to a couple of questions. 1. What will be a realistic target to meet (i.e at the end of every season/tournament) when you do your withdrawal ? (i.e 30% profit of your starting bankroll?) 2. Is it really possible to make a living out of professional gambling (sports betting)? So far i've only heard of wanye root , billy walters and a few others that have made it big.

Having said that, i believe there are some professional sports bettors here and i am also a strong believer of 'there is no such thing call free lunch' so what are some of the 'hard work' that you have to put in before you place a bet to increase your chances? Assuming that team news, injuries, home court advantages etc are all reflected on the given odds, reading or researching on those will give little to no advantage as a punter.

Please feel free to give your comments about the issues that i've pointed out and thanks in advance for all the advice. Looking forward in becoming a better, responsible and efficient punter.