wantitall4moi
    wantitall4moi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3834

Quote Originally Posted by brooks85 View Post
    anyone else deactivate their FB account for good when the IPO came out?
    who has one?

elgreco
    elgreco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1612

Wow, it keeps getting worse. Broker just texted me. Zuckerberg being sued now, and even crazier, a ton of people still don't have trade confirmations yet from MS.

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star
    PhillyFlyers's Avatar Become A Pro!

Even Zuckerberg and Thiel Have Sold Their Shares!

Even Zuckerberg and Theil Have Sold Their Shares!

HAHA! This stock is for fukkin fools.

Facebook Inc. FB +3.01% Chief Executive Mark Zuckerberg has sold 30.2 million shares and director Peter Thiel has sold 16.8 million shares of the social-networking company, according to securities filings published late Tuesday. The sales confirm plans detailed in a prospectus before Friday's $16 billion IPO. Zuckerberg sold 30.2 million shares at a price of $37.58 for gross proceeds of $1.13 billion; Thiel sold 16.8 million shares for gross proceeds of $633 million. Facebook insiders had told prospective shareholders of their plans in an S-1 filing last week. Facebook FB +3.01% shares were down 0.8% after hours at $30.74.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/fac...res-2012-05-22

elgreco

That doesn't bother me so much. It all goes back to IPO 101: IPO's are primarily an opportunity for the owners to get rich, not the public.

The founders of the company have busted their ass making their company what it is and this is their opportunity to reap their reward. Ain't nuthin wrong with that.

mh217
    mh217's Avatar Become A Pro!

looks like it has found a bottom here at 31 and change.

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

Quote Originally Posted by elgreco View Post
    That doesn't bother me so much. It all goes back to IPO 101: IPO's are primarily an opportunity for the owners to get rich, not the public.

The founders of the company have busted their ass making their company what it is and this is their opportunity to reap their reward. Ain't nuthin wrong with that.
    There is if the owners of the company either know or strongly suspect that the stock is going to plunge and are selling their stocks right away to make a profit and get out asap.

Dutch
    Honky Lips
    Dutch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 736

Quote Originally Posted by PhillyFlyers View Post
    Even Zuckerberg and Theil Have Sold Their Shares!

HAHA! This stock is for fukkin fools.

"The sales confirm plans detailed in a prospectus before Friday's $16 billion IPO."

This isn't really a story. It was understood Zuck was going to sell some of his shares before it even went public.

elgreco

I hear what your saying. I think its all BS. I don't feel the public has any right to complain. There are no smoke and mirrors here. Everything was transparent. No one was withholding information. I don't need anyone to tell me that a stock being issued at a gazillion times earnings is risky and probably going to drop.

Now, if there was insider information that was being withheld, we have a problem. "This stock sucks", is not insider info.

greenhippo
    greenhippo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 723

Quote Originally Posted by elgreco View Post
    I hear what your saying. I think its all BS. I don't feel the public has any right to complain. There are no smoke and mirrors here. Everything was transparent. No one was withholding information. I don't need anyone to tell me that a stock being issued at a gazillion times earnings is risky and probably going to drop.

Now, if there was insider information that was being withheld, we have a problem. "This stock sucks", is not insider info.
    http://money.cnn.com/2012/05/23/tech...x.htm?iid=Lead

Apparently not everything was transparent.

wantitall4moi
    wantitall4moi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3834

there were obvious shenanigans like there always are, they'll be sued by eveyrone and more than likely not have any problems. Simply because they observe the letter of the laws, but definitely not the spirit, unfortunately they dont judge on the latter.

They need to reword the laws or give judges more discretion as this is pretty common place these days, but since this IPO was huge and a very public spotlight it gets highlighted when they do it.

elgreco

Quote Originally Posted by greenhippo View Post
    http://money.cnn.com/2012/05/23/tech...x.htm?iid=Lead

Apparently not everything was transparent.

The "revisions were material information which was not shared with all Facebook investors, but rather, was selectively disclosed by defendants to certain preferred investors and omitted from the registration statement and/or prospectus," the plaintiffs claim.

That is a problem.

dice
    dice's Avatar Become A Pro!

In this economy, you better show that you're making real money. The investment bankers overhyped the FB ipo. Then they all added it to YOUR mutual funds. This is how it works.

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

Facebook Lawsuit Alleges Unfair IPO Disclosures

Facebook Lawsuit Alleges Unfair IPO Disclosures
    The lawsuit in U.S. District Court in Manhattan claims forecasts were available to “certain preferred investors” but not others, according to Reuters, which said Morgan Stanley and Facebook did not immediately respond to requests for comment.

http://www.bizjournals.com/philadelp...nfair-ipo.html

Facebook Lawsuits: Did All Shareholders Get Same Data In IPO?

On May 9, the third day of Facebook's pre-IPO roadshow to meet with prospective investors, the company filed an amended IPO document that said its number of mobile users was growing faster than its revenue.

According to a person familiar with the matter, Facebook then had another meeting with analysts and told them that based on the new information in the filings, the analysts' forecasts should be at the low end of the range that the company gave them in April. The person spoke on the condition of anonymity because they were not publicly authorized to discuss the matter.
    http://www.csmonitor.com/Business/La...me-data-in-IPO

Marigold HD
    Marigold HD's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47737

I honestly see Facebook hitting the $18-$20 mark in the next month or so.

str
    Nothing's easy
    str's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 68545

Totally corrupt.

Business as usual.

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

Facebook traded under $27 a share today.

Zuckerberg you fukkin thief, give the money back.

http://data.cnbc.com/quotes/fb

Tully Mars 63
    Tully Mars 63's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 44

I saw where he fell off the top Billionaires list today. Probably like most scammers he no longer has the money, least not where anyone can find it, to give back.

FreeFall
    FreeFall's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2391

do you guys know how IPOs work? Zuckerberg and all his friends made their money for life. It's all for fun now.

Darkside Magick
    Black Box Algorithm
    Darkside Magick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1258

If Warren buffet said don't **** with FB...then why didn't no one listen to him.....,zuker laughing his azz off

First 123