wantitall4moi
    wantitall4moi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3834

Refs tried again

These last two games have been an embarrassment, exactly why I stopped betting the NBA 10 years ago, refs blowing a whistle anytime someones shadow touches someone. Lakers took 50 free throws last night and they took 30 or 40 more tonight, Kobe at one point had more free throw attempts then the entire Thunder team.

But Durant showed what a real clutch shooter does and by comparison Kobe bricks another game changing shot. They had a show here locally talking about how Kobe as the best closer in the game is a total fairy tale. They had a guy on and broke it down year by year. basically the last time Kobe had a game winning or tying shot in the play offs was 4 or 5 years ago.

But OKC is a great team for refs to control games with, a jump shooting team that has a built in excuse if they arent hitting as to why they lose, also easy to take them out of their rhythm by calling phantom fouls so they make games a lot closer than they need to be.

But the free throw shit is just unbelievable. Kobe had 7 attempts in Game one, and 2 attempts in game two, Last night he had 18 and tonight he had 17. There isnt a single reason why that should happen. Other than a bias by refs. Especially when Kobe shot them out of the game tonight like he almost shot them out of last nights game but refs gave him phantom call after phantom call, he took about 10 free throws on stuff where he didnt he have the ball.

Had Durant not made that last 3 I have no doubt the lakers win because of some phantom call at the other end.

But watch some of these highlights and the refs are all looking around at each other wondering if they should blow a whistle or not to help the lakers out. I think they were shell shocked watching the Lakers collapse again, just like they would have last night had they not whistled them to a win. Lakers made a single basket from the field last night in the last 4 minutes and 30 seconds of that game but they took 12 free throws, and made them all.

But watching these games just shows why the NBA is still a joke league. I am sure we will see more of the same tomorrow because Miami is on the verge of disaster so I suspect they will get a lot of favorable calls to keep them within striking distance.

William Walters
    William Walters's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

???? Dickkface....yesterday you were on the thunder. You're somewhere around 1 - 7 on posted plays against the Lakers. Yet....you told us yesterday you've amassed a huge bankroll betting against the Lakers. Lol....what a dickbag.

Br0nxer
    July 2012 Poster of the Month
    Br0nxer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 888

stern is pissed as fukk

these refs deviated from the plan late in the game

shit is going to hit the fan with this crew

wantitall4moi

Quote Originally Posted by William Walters View Post
    ???? Dickkface....yesterday you were on the thunder. You're somewhere around 1 - 7 on posted plays against the Lakers. Yet....you told us yesterday you've amassed a huge bankroll betting against the Lakers. Lol....what a dickbag.
    isnt it past your bedtime?

I dont 'post' plays I throw up opinions, and I didnt offer more than 3 or 4 this season on specific games, the only 2 i remember being wrong on were ML plays, one was an ATS win but a ML loss. All the other were easy wins.

Once lakers finally lose and the shit hits the fan and finger pointing starts and it gets ugly then the real entertainment will begin.

Gasol will be a sacrificial lamb, kobe will bury everyone like he always does, and theyll still be stuck with a bunch of garbage. And peopel will be wondering what they have to do to change.

Thats how it works.

Right now everyone is thinking "we should be up 3-1". Once they go out 4-1 theyll all be looking to blow everything up and reinvent the team again. Which is really what they need to do, they just dont have the assets to do it.

The only positive thing Laker fans can look at this season is Lakers suckered someone to take Luke Walton and his contract off the lakers hands. When that is the best thing to happen to them there are serious problems.

KingJD31
    KingJD31's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7042

Gonna sit back and watch the heat fix tm

beerman2619
    beerman2619's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 459

Quote Originally Posted by Br0nxer View Post
    stern is pissed as fukk

these refs deviated from the plan late in the game

shit is going to hit the fan with this crew

Pauulzcappin
    Pauulzcappin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 568

Who gives a shit? Clippers are getting swept fukkface.

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

It's already getting ugly. Bynum said in post game conference that they lost because "they quit passing me the ball." He's right to. Kobe shot them out of a victory. Maybe OKC can pick up Bynum, he doesn't want to play with Kobe anymore.

coitus_maximus
    coitus_maximus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4080

Funny....B/c Kobe was getting all the foul calls and they still lost.

wantitall4moi

Yup they should have been focusing on Bynum and Gasol all year let Kobe shoot when he is open more or less. But it never worked out that way. Pretty ironic that in those games Kobe missed lakers played their best ball overall. Bynum quit a long time ago, the guy is really immature but that is also compounded by him not getting used correctly. When he is Lakers are better than average, when he isnt they are just another garbage team. Sure he cleans up a few of Kobes messes but he really shouldnt have to.

Gasol is gone, no question he isnt the financial burden he was this year so someone will take a flyer on him. Bynum will more than likely want to be traded as well. Toss up there, hard to say if it is immaturity or the 7 years he has played with Kobe that makes him a mental midget.

Question is what sort of trash do they get back for these guys? I said it all along Kobe is the bad link in the equation but lakers will never ever trade him nor could they because he is simply way ovver paid, and his name and draw isnt nearly enough to make a team take a flyer on him. But if Lakers traded kobe and got a couple players in return or a draft pick or two they wil be light years ahead of where they will be after they trade of Gasol and (probably) bynum.

Yeah kobe got all the calls again but that 3 by Durant made it impossible for the refs to push the lakers home, they would have had to call something so blatantly horrible that even the people who dont think it is fixed would have shook their heads. They took a chance Kobe could make a 3 and tie it and then see what happened. I really thought they were going to blow the whistle on his last shot but the defender almost backed off as if he knew what was going to come if he even breathed on Kobe.