dolson
    Jukeboxhero
    dolson's Avatar Become A Pro!

Bodemeister

A friend just gave me $500 to put on this Bodemeister to win the Preakness, should i place the bet or book it myself

Easy-Rider 66
    Easy-Rider 66's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3165

I would book it, or at least half of it. Right now Bode is 7/5 early wagering. He might get loose on the lead and wire the field, but there is a decent chance he will not fire because he's a tired horse(3rd race in 5 weeks, 6th start of the year). Someone mentioned that the Pimlico track was favoring closers today, so if that is the case tomorrow that does not help Bode. GL.
    Points Awarded:

dolson gave Easy-Rider 66 30 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: dolson

dolson
    Jukeboxhero

Thanks, i don't know much about horses, i 'll probably pocket the $500, i appreciate the feedback. The guy making the bet thinks he knows a lot about the ponies, but he's living in his car right now.

Reload
    Winning Aint Easy
    Reload's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14528

Keep it. Bodemeister won't pay much to win anyway. You'll have the takeout in your favor at least.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5536

keep any horse bet you get.

CWD
    Update your status
    CWD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 190

going to laugh my ass off when he wires this field. no reason for him to bounce hilarious everyone saying he wasn't seasoned enough and too lightly raced before the derby now he is overworked. here's to your soon to be $500 loss

dolson
    Jukeboxhero

Anyone think Bodemiester will even place?

Easy-Rider 66

Quote Originally Posted by CWD View Post
    going to laugh my ass off when he wires this field. no reason for him to bounce hilarious everyone saying he wasn't seasoned enough and too lightly raced before the derby now he is overworked. here's to your soon to be $500 loss
    Who knows what will happen he may wire the field. But are you saying 3 races in 5 weeks doesn't give some cause for concern?

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

vig on horse bets is ridiculous, thats why you should keep every bet you get, could care less if this aryan horse runs backwards and wins myself.

dolson
    Jukeboxhero

The guy making this bet is positive it's a winner, but the guy is positively living in his car right now, im going to use that $500 to pay down my CC, im booking it.

CWD
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by Easy-Rider 66 View Post
    Who knows what will happen he may wire the field. But are you saying 3 races in 5 weeks doesn't give some cause for concern?
    2 races in 4 weeks had you calling for him to bounce so this is nothing new from you? guess it matters whether or not you consider him a great/elite horse because those horses don't often bounce in the preakness, belmont maybe you might worry, but people really jumping the gun nowadays calling for horses to take a dump as early as the kentucky derby.

and for someone to book this specific race himself, IMO about as stupid as it gets considering the circumstances, dude is looking at coughing up give or take an $800 loss.

dolson
    Jukeboxhero

Shit now im having second thoughts

Easy-Rider 66

2 races in 4 weeks had you calling for him to bounce so this is nothing new from you? guess it matters whether or not you consider him a great/elite horse because those horses don't often bounce in the preakness, belmont maybe you might worry, but people really jumping the gun nowadays calling for horses to take a dump as early as the kentucky derby.

and for someone to book this specific race himself, IMO about as stupid as it gets considering the circumstances, dude is looking at coughing up give or take an $800 loss.

I remember that you had Bode winning the derby easily and that did not turn out so well. But give Bode credit, he ran a good race. Maybe he is a super horse, and he needs to win this to start proving it. And if you read my suggestion to Dolsen, I said possibly book at least half. It all depends on what his financial situation is, if it's worth the risk. And if Bode is not a super horse and he places the bet- he's out 5 bills.

Easy-Rider 66

Quote Originally Posted by dolson View Post
    Shit now im having second thoughts
    If you are having second thoughts, I would place the bet. Your downside will be greater if Bode wins.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

the only way i would place the bet is if i couldnt pay the win out.

dolson
    Jukeboxhero

The guy making the bet is so broke he took out the last of his 401k to get the $500, he can't be right , can he?

robmpink
    Update your status
    robmpink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 43

The guy making the bet is so broke he took out the last of his 401k to get the $500, he can't be right , can he?
    Did they send the check to his car?

Easy-Rider 66

Seems like a desperate move. And he is betting heavy chalk. But Bode just may be a super horse going against a suspect field. Your call, but if you are unsure I would not take anymore than half.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

lol at cashing out your 401k heavy penalties galore to bet on an animal that shits as he walks.

dolson
    Jukeboxhero

Quote Originally Posted by robmpink View Post
    Did they send the check to his car?
    His PO Box just in time for the Preak. My mom says i should be ashamed of myself for letting him make this bet.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

send this guy to a ga meeting after this bet, sounds like he needs it.

robmpink
    Update your status
    robmpink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 43

His PO Box just in time for the Preak. My mom says i should be ashamed of myself for letting him make this bet.
    Listen, mom knows best. Don't make it or if you do just make the bet.

Boscoe
    Boscoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 488

So a guy living in his car has a 401k?

gummo
    Bearcats
    gummo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1183

book the bet but pay it when he wins.

dolson
    Jukeboxhero

Quote Originally Posted by gummo View Post
    book the bet but pay it when he wins.
    of course, thats if he wins.

SBR_John
    Wisky
    SBR_John's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42225

ftr, I like Bodemeister to win. I would lay off the bet.

coop
    coop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 127

lol i assume you're using the term "friend" loosely if your first instinct is to figure out whether to book it or not instead of helping this poor ole soul

dolson
    Jukeboxhero

he knows he'll be paid if he wins , and he'll cross the border to Mexico if he has to, to get his bet in on the Preakness , its really a matter of me taking the field or not.

andywend
    andywend's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 244

This guy living in his car who is betting $500 to win on Bodemeister needs to pick better friends.

Hankwins
    Hankwins's Avatar Become A Pro!

Damn i really am a city boy, just came from one of many OTB's nearby.

Hankwins
    Hankwins's Avatar Become A Pro!

I went with the I'll try another favorite this time, was pretty disappointed when bodemeister couldn't pull off a win laast time.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

Brokedikk fukk

Arletta
    Arletta's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 129

Take the $$ and put it on #8 in the 10th...

Inkwell77
    Inkwell77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2413

Book this bet yourself. As others have said horse racing vig is ridiculous and the odds are on your side! godspeed!

CWD
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by Easy-Rider 66 View Post
    I remember that you had Bode winning the derby easily and that did not turn out so well. But give Bode credit, he ran a good race. Maybe he is a super horse, and he needs to win this to start proving it. And if you read my suggestion to Dolsen, I said possibly book at least half. It all depends on what his financial situation is, if it's worth the risk. And if Bode is not a super horse and he places the bet- he's out 5 bills.
    yeah i had him winning easy IMO if smith had laid off just a touch he would have won going away, even if IHA had even the slightest bit of traffic he wins easy as well. but i'll roll with him one more time still think he may be great, but if he doesn't win tomorrow he definitely is not a elite horse and maybe not even that good a horse.

not sure you can really call him heavy chalk though IMO thats for anything less than even money 4-5 and below, $500 win on BODE will get you a nice chunk of change.

i think outside shot IHA goes off the favorite just maybe BODE goes off at something around 2-1, so book this bet at your own risk IMO u are going to take it up the ass big time, enjoy

12 Last