Monitor-Tan
    Tony Romo of Daily Fantasy
    Monitor-Tan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 428

LeBron James saying playing PF is "taxing"..

Is he bi*ching and crying again about something?...

I'm sure it is very very tough and it does indeed take a toll on you throughout the game..

But you are getting paid to carry the freaking team..

How about STFU and just playing without the b**ching and the excuses..

Just that it is, doesn't mean you have to say it.. Just play...

rockaflocka
    rockaflocka's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3363

stark contrast to pierce in this recent article with jackie macmullen (http://espn.go.com/boston/nba/story/...-76ers-know-it)

"As he walked out of the Garden on Monday night, I saddled up next to him and offered, "It's got to be frustrating."
    "I don't know what you mean," he said, in uncharacteristically brusque fashion.
    "Your knee," I said. "It's limiting you ... "
    "There's nothing wrong with my knee," he said."

Tree Rollins
    Tree Rollins's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1029

What a pussy.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: SBR Lou

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by rockaflocka View Post
    stark contrast to pierce in this recent article with jackie macmullen (http://espn.go.com/boston/nba/story/...-76ers-know-it)

"As he walked out of the Garden on Monday night, I saddled up next to him and offered, "It's got to be frustrating."
    "I don't know what you mean," he said, in uncharacteristically brusque fashion.
    "Your knee," I said. "It's limiting you ... "
    "There's nothing wrong with my knee," he said."
    Paul Pierce is a warrior. Lebron James should only hope to one day be regarded as a tough as nails closer like Paul is. He's the heart and soul of Boston. Lebron is more like the bling of Miami, and regular season superstar =)
    Points Awarded:

SlickRick1382 gave SBR Lou 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

bobby heenan
    Update your status
    bobby heenan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 75

Quote Originally Posted by SBR Lou View Post
    Paul Pierce is a warrior. Lebron James should only hope to one day be regarded as a tough as nails closer like Paul is. He's the heart and soul of Boston. Lebron is more like the bling of Miami, and regular season superstar =)
    agreed....pp is one of my all time faves

the problem for lebron started years ago....SI covers in high school....#1 overall pick...just coddled

paul slid in the draft...had alot to prove....and he has

crustyme
    dont i look killer?
    crustyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

didnt paul get wheeled off the court on a wheelchair after a minor sprain like he got his legs blown off in iraq?

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Quote Originally Posted by SBR Lou View Post
    Paul Pierce is a warrior.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

bobby heenan
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by crustyme View Post
    didnt paul get wheeled off the court on a wheelchair after a minor sprain like he got his legs blown off in iraq?
    he was also, almost fatally, stabbed weeks before the season in like 2000...and didnt miss a game

Bones33
    Bones33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1824

Quote Originally Posted by bobby heenan View Post
    he was also, almost fatally, stabbed weeks before the season in like 2000...and didnt miss a game
    ^^that

bobby heenan
    Update your status

the guy is hurting and has 5 offensive rebounds in the first half....thats who he is

rsnnh12
    rsnnh12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 205

Torn MCL, and wheelchair was the Doctor's call

Tool

jsmithj88
    jsmithj88's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by bobby heenan View Post
    the guy is hurting and has 5 offensive rebounds in the first half....thats who he is
    how many people have u ever seen taken off the court on a wheelchair?
    then he runs back on court .........

rsnnh12

Quote Originally Posted by jsmithj88 View Post
    how many people have u ever seen taken off the court on a wheelchair?
    then he runs back on court .........
    DWade did a year or 2 ago for a dislocated shoulder...

These guys are multi-million dollar investments. There is no reason to risk further injury for any of them, why take the chance?

qsilver335
    qsilver335's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 91

It is like soccer, they get carried off on a stretcher. Then 2 minuets later come running back onto the field. Always good for a laugh.

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

The new age of the superstars in the NBA. Coddled, spoiled and pussies.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on

Never seen anyone legitimately use a wheelchair, only to be seen minutes later running onto a basketball court. That was Paul being a drama queen/warrior.

jsmithj88

[QUOTE=rsnnh12;14774358]DWade did a year or 2 ago for a dislocated shoulder...

These guys are multi-million dollar investments. There is no reason to risk further injury for any of them, why take the chance?[/QUOTE]

did he have a pulled vagina muscle?
    he didnt have a head or neck injury
    the dude acted like his leg fell off then ran back onto the court to finish the game
    rose blew out his knee and walked off the court
    Points Awarded:

crustyme gave jsmithj88 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

crustyme
    dont i look killer?

Quote Originally Posted by rsnnh12 View Post
    Torn MCL, and wheelchair was the Doctor's call

Tool
    oh please, stop the dramatics already. it was nothing more than a minor knee sprain. had he torn a ligament, he wouldnt have been able to play games 2, 3, 4, 5, 6.

rose, davis & shumpert tore their acls and didnt need wheelchairs. heck, i tore my acl during a game before and was able to walk to the campus hospital.

bleek88
    The picture of me on SBR is FAKE NOT ME
    bleek88's Avatar Become A Pro!

i made this thread 5 hours ago.

rsnnh12

oh please, stop the dramatics already. it was nothing more than a minor knee sprain. had he torn a ligament, he wouldnt have been able to play games 2, 3, 4, 5, 6.

rose, davis & shumpert tore their acls and didnt need wheelchairs. heck, i tore my acl during a game before and was able to walk to the campus hospital.

ACL=/=MCL... MCL isn't an 8+ month recovery.

"The notion that Pierce is fabricating his injuries doesn't make it past the waiting room of Celtics team physician Dr. Brian McKeon.

"I called for the wheelchair," McKeon said. "That was my decision.

"Paul hears a pop and has pain. The first thought is ACL. He said, 'Doc, I twisted it and I heard a pop and my knee hurts.' Until proven otherwise, that's an ACL injury. You have to treat it like that, so the clear decision was to take every precaution."

The same circumstances that give the tale such powerful legs two years later contributed to the moment itself.

"It was a difficult situation," McKeon said. "You had the media right there, with TV cameras almost right on top of us. And here's Paul in the NBA Finals, and this happens to him. He's nervous. He's scared about what it might be. Is his Finals over? That's going through his mind. Anyone can understand that.

"I wanted to get him out of there as fast as I could. I wanted to control the situation. I called for a wheelchair, but when it didn't get there fast enough, we carried him off. The wheelchair met us when we turned the corner into the last hallway."

Once inside the Celtics' examination room, the diagnosis was quick and evident.

"He tore part of his MCL," McKeon said. "That can act like an ACL tear, especially at first. When he came back onto the court, he still had pain. But he had so much adrenaline because of the Finals and everything that was at stake that he was able to play.

"But he had pain right through the rest of the Finals. Absolutely. He actually hurt more the day after the injury. The adrenaline carried him through the night before, and I think that got him through the rest of the series."

Pierce just shrugs it off.

"Hey, that's been made up into stories that are going to be talked about 30 years from now," he said. "And I had no control over it. I come off the court and I had a doctor telling me to get in a wheelchair. What am I supposed to do? Tell him no?""

crustyme
    dont i look killer?

Quote Originally Posted by rsnnh12 View Post
    ACL=/=MCL... MCL isn't an 8+ month recovery.

"The notion that Pierce is fabricating his injuries doesn't make it past the waiting room of Celtics team physician Dr. Brian McKeon.

"I called for the wheelchair," McKeon said. "That was my decision.

"Paul hears a pop and has pain. The first thought is ACL. He said, 'Doc, I twisted it and I heard a pop and my knee hurts.' Until proven otherwise, that's an ACL injury. You have to treat it like that, so the clear decision was to take every precaution."

The same circumstances that give the tale such powerful legs two years later contributed to the moment itself.

"It was a difficult situation," McKeon said. "You had the media right there, with TV cameras almost right on top of us. And here's Paul in the NBA Finals, and this happens to him. He's nervous. He's scared about what it might be. Is his Finals over? That's going through his mind. Anyone can understand that.

"I wanted to get him out of there as fast as I could. I wanted to control the situation. I called for a wheelchair, but when it didn't get there fast enough, we carried him off. The wheelchair met us when we turned the corner into the last hallway."

Once inside the Celtics' examination room, the diagnosis was quick and evident.

"He tore part of his MCL," McKeon said. "That can act like an ACL tear, especially at first. When he came back onto the court, he still had pain. But he had so much adrenaline because of the Finals and everything that was at stake that he was able to play.

"But he had pain right through the rest of the Finals. Absolutely. He actually hurt more the day after the injury. The adrenaline carried him through the night before, and I think that got him through the rest of the series."

Pierce just shrugs it off.

"Hey, that's been made up into stories that are going to be talked about 30 years from now," he said. "And I had no control over it. I come off the court and I had a doctor telling me to get in a wheelchair. What am I supposed to do? Tell him no?""
    stop your bullshitting and lying already.

"Pierce said that the doctor told him it was a "strained meniscus."

http://www.nba.com/finals2008/celtics_20080606.html

meniscus is as minor as it gets. no doctor in his right mind would allow someone with a torn mcl to return to the game! he knew it was a minor meniscus injury which is what he told pierce and why he was allowed to return.

prove that pierce had a mcl reconstructive surgery in the offseason if he really tore it. you cant!

pierce is a pussy for accepting a ride on the wheelchair when rose, davis and shumpert actually tore up their knees and werent wheelchaired off the court like some pregnant woman.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on

Played the rest of the series, w/o any issue. Take your Celtics cap off, sir.

crustyme
    dont i look killer?

Quote Originally Posted by HoulihansTX View Post
    Played the rest of the series, w/o any issue. Take your Celtics cap off, sir.
    in fact, mri showed it was nothing.

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/b...icleid=1106542

he shouldve received an oscar for that "performance."

just idiot celtic homers like him trying to hype it like it was roy hobbs or willis reed.

jsmithj88

stop your bullshitting and lying already.

"Pierce said that the doctor told him it was a "strained meniscus."

http://www.nba.com/finals2008/celtics_20080606.html

meniscus is as minor as it gets. no doctor in his right mind would allow someone with a torn mcl to return to the game! he knew it was a minor meniscus injury which is what he told pierce and why he was allowed to return.

prove that pierce had a mcl reconstructive surgery in the offseason if he really tore it. you cant!

pierce is a pussy for accepting a ride on the wheelchair when rose, davis and shumpert actually tore up their knees and werent wheelchaired off the court like some pregnant woman.

EXACTLY. the doctor is obviously covering up for him.
    unless his leg is flopping around, how many doctors can diagnose a partial MCL or ACL tear without an MRI?
    even if he diagnosed it, how can he send pierce back in the game?

laddder
    laddder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 933

I could understand if Lebron was guarding Karl Malone, but david west? HAHA ok

MoYaL
    How bad do you want success
    MoYaL's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

dlunc3
    dlunc3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1076

Quote Originally Posted by MoYaL View Post

guess someone should say it.... lebron is #2 in the nba this yr in 4th quarter efficiency

but hey, thanks for the laugh, im sure none of us has ever heard that joke before

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

Quote Originally Posted by dlunc3 View Post
    guess someone should say it.... lebron is #2 in the nba this yr in 4th quarter efficiency

but hey, thanks for the laugh, im sure none of us has ever heard that joke before
    Who is #1 Chris Paul?

celtics3388
    Update your status
    celtics3388's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2814

Atleast PP plays to his potential and isn't scared of any big moment. Guy isn't even that athletic yet still gets it done year in and year out.

dlunc3

Quote Originally Posted by rm18 View Post
    Who is #1 Chris Paul?
    yes

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7696

dont worry dlunc 4thqtr eff is judged by the playoffs. tell me where lebron stands

dlunc3

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    dont worry dlunc 4thqtr eff is judged by the playoffs. tell me where lebron stands
    his career playoff numbers as a whole, and in the clutch, are better then kobes. His shooing % with 24 sec or less left on the clock is better then kobes in the playoffs... and his game as a whole gets better come playoff time, as kobes statistically gets worse

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7696

Let's see where lebrons playoff #s are after he has played as many playoff games as kobe.

therushishere
    therushishere's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 990

Quote Originally Posted by rm18 View Post
    Who is #1 Chris Paul?
    Kyrie Irving Johnsons #3

I wonder what Lebrons efficiency is broken down to the last 2 minutes of the 4th quarter?

12 Last