nyplayer33
    nyplayer33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

Did anybody watch the end of the Clippers/Memphis game Fri night??

Ah yes..my point so proven. Van Gundy who was doing the tv commentary was in disbelief. Why?? Clippers scored to make it a 2 point game..maybe 5 seconds to go..instead of imendiately fouling the player on the inbound pass..clipper players standing around..like they gave up..could care less. Guess what, not every player cares like the fans wanna believe. The game is secondary to real life and the salary you make..when do people get that. Maybe some twenty five yrs ago it was different. This is not a business and the competitve aspect is not so key anymore. Watch the countdown here...forward to around the 2 minute 30 second mark..watch number 2...its funny but so true..how people like to hyp[e up the game and the bullshit...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Onfzet1xxs

ChalkyDog
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.
    ChalkyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

They had themselves in a 2h wager. Didn't want to fukk it up.

19th Hole
    19th Hole's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10300

Quote Originally Posted by ChalkyDog View Post
    They had themselves in a 2h wager. Didn't want to fukk it up.
    Nice call Chalky....

rake922
    rake922's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2111

we all saw it pal

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22125

what i saw was a bunch of ridiculously dumb athletes making mistakes 1 after another in the last five minutes. The great Paul was terrible. He turned it over three straight trips trying to dribble thru 4 guys like somehow he could. Then we have the jackass rebounding the foul shot out of bounds when it was going right in a teammates hands. Every time the Clippers would make a mistake Memphis would do something stupid right after the clippers did.

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

Quote Originally Posted by nyplayer33 View Post
    Ah yes..my point so proven. Van Gundy who was doing the tv commentary was in disbelief. Why?? Clippers scored to make it a 2 point game..maybe 5 seconds to go..instead of imendiately fouling the player on the inbound pass..clipper players standing around..like they gave up..could care less. Guess what, not every player cares like the fans wanna believe. The game is secondary to real life and the salary you make..when do people get that. Maybe some twenty five yrs ago it was different. This is not a business and the competitve aspect is not so key anymore. Watch the countdown here...forward to around the 2 minute 30 second mark..watch number 2...its funny but so true..how people like to hyp[e up the game and the bullshit...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Onfzet1xxs
    I see shady stuff all the time that makes me question how legit the NBA actually is.

With that said, there was 3 seconds left, not 5. The Clippers just totally lost Connelly and couldn't catch him in three seconds. It wasn't so much that they weren't trying to foul, it was more that they were disorganized after the made shot and Memphis immediately inbounded the ball.

hels
    hels's Avatar Become A Pro!

NBA average IQ hovers around 90.

BigDofBA

Quote Originally Posted by hels View Post
    NBA average IQ hovers around 90.
    LOL. That's giving them too much respect. I see these morons doing all sorts of dumb shit at the end of the games.

BernardMadoff
    Sam Hurd +3000
    BernardMadoff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 280

Bledsoe was daydreaming and close to the basket on Foye's shot in case of a rebound, shot went in and he didnt find his man, if he's on his man he could have fouled and who knows what happens after that. Just a mental mistake on his part, it happens, especially to the younger players.

BigDofBA

Quote Originally Posted by BernardMadoff View Post
    Bledsoe was daydreaming and close to the basket on Foye's shot in case of a rebound, shot went in and he didnt find his man, if he's on his man he could have fouled and who knows what happens after that. Just a mental mistake on his part, it happens, especially to the younger players.
    Yeah. It was a scramble situation at the end of the game. LA hit a desperation three pointer with three seconds. No one was in position and Memphis did the smart thing by immediately inbounding and running up court.

It's not like LA wasn't trying to foul. They just couldn't catch him in 3 seconds.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

do you remember louiville vs kentucky in the final four this year? that was way worse than the game last night...

YOUNGBUCK
    YOUNGBUCK's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5189

UNC vs Kentucky... Henson gets blocked by Davis and walks away

Dmoneytx
    Dmoneytx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 566

All I know is I had the under 179 & Memphis ML on live play from early 2nd Q. When I looked at the box score, play by play, I realized I got lucky as F on the under. Wow!!!

byronbb
    byronbb's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2284

The funny thing is college players are way worse.

nyplayer33
    nyplayer33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

maybe they dont care as much as u fans think

jsmithj88
    jsmithj88's Avatar Become A Pro!

u can also ask y watson passed the ball to asik when all he had to do was dribble the ball around until they fouled him
    sometimes the game just moves too fast and people just dont think

DJ Dalamar
    DJ Dalamar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3396

They were just happy to be in the playoffs. They knew they weren't making it past Spurs.