Roxxyfish
    finally i am on skype
    Roxxyfish's Avatar Become A Pro!

Is one of the oldest names in online poker being positioned for entry to the US marke

PokerRoom.com has sent its former players an email announcing that it is back. The site was started by Swedish poker players Oskar Hörnell and Claes Lidell in 1999, and it was one of the best-known poker rooms in the earliest days of online poker. It was a member of the Ongame Network until finally closing on April 14th, 2009.

PokerRoom.com and the Ongame Network are owned by Bwin.Party, and that leads us to speculate about a possible re-entry to the US market:
    • The UK Sunday Times newspaper has reported that Bwin.Party is selling Ongame to US gaming company Shuffle Master.
    • If so, presumably the PokerRoom.com brand will go with it.
    • Shuffle Master will then be in the position of owning a respected online poker brand and the software to support it.
    • Shuffle Master is also bidding for a Nevada gaming licence to offer intrastate online poker to Nevada residents.
    Putting it all together, it looks like a major gaming industry player is building a strong position from which to secure market share in the US. Shuffle Master’s CEO Gavin Isaacs is saying nothing publicly, but it looks like a pretty smart move.
    The Ongame Network is the sixth largest in the world, and already has software clients for PC, Mac, Android and iPhone. Ongame is regulated in Gibraltar, but it is also a fully regulated and licensed operator in France, Italy and Denmark. When it is sold by Bwin.Party, a lot of the players will be transferred to Bwin or Party poker accounts, but that will still leave a profitable player base which Shuffle Master can grow.
    Bwin bought the Ongame Network for €473 million (~$630M) in 2005 only months before the UIGEA destroyed billions of dollars of value in the industry. The rumoured price that Bwin.Party will get for Ongame post-UIGEA and Black Friday is just €16 million (~$21.3M).
    if true you yanks can enjoy one of the best online poker rooms i ever played at

milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

so do we buy shuffle master (shfl) on this?

Roxxyfish
    finally i am on skype
    Roxxyfish's Avatar Become A Pro!

Bwin will leave ongame soon(within 2 monhs) its all on party poker then,but i love Ongame software,Pokerroom.com and Betfair will be the flaghips of this network then

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Too many legal issues still with online poker in usa

Dont hold your breath

19th Hole
    19th Hole's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10251

See what California does...

5teamparlay
    WINNING!!!
    5teamparlay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1223

Current shuffle master stock price:

​Previous close
    $ 16.31
    Change
    +0.26 +1.62%

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

dont see it happening, was my favorite room back in the day.

B1GER1C828
    Bostoneric
    B1GER1C828's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 318

was first room i played at.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

well bwin/party signed a 10 year contract with some indian tribe in sacramento so something will happen in the future but there are many more indian tribes that are lobbying against online gambling. so it's gonna be tough to bypass those greedy bastards. at least in california...