Albania
    Albania's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 622

Rebelbetting arb software

Hello Everybody

Has anybody use this software ?? Any review ?? Shall i try it ?? It is safe to give to the software my username and password over the bookies ???

Regards

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

It's ok
    But pop these off books vs pinnacle and your limits will be nothing

Don't forget many guys doing same thing

MehT
    MehT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1032

I've been using them for a long time

jjgold

MEH then your not betting a lot

No way your betting $1000 a game at Ladbrokes and William Hill to get arbs

minet123
    Is JJ a Higher Power ?
    minet123's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3753

way overpriced
    and useless after the smaller European books toss you

MehT

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    MEH then your not betting a lot
    Well, I've had a turnover of around 120k USD the last 200 bets. All through RB

No way your betting $1000 a game at Ladbrokes and William Hill to get arbs
    I never said I used LB and Will Hill

jjgold

Meh good work

A lot of arbs are small markets though

wantitall4moi
    wantitall4moi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3834

you need about 20 times that much in 200 bets at least to make it worth while. If your not getting 12-15K down total ( Something like 8K and 6300 on odds like -120/+132, and even that is only around 345 profit)on arbs it almost isnt worth it especially if youre posting up.

But since that software only shows simultaneous stuff it is extremely limited. But if youre only getting 600 a side average down on stuff already available (without taking leads) then I wouldnt say the books are worth playing at anyway.

jjgold

Wanty I know guys arbing for $10 a game
    Sure does not seem worth it

wantitall4moi

Wanty I know guys arbing for $10 a game
    Sure does not seem worth it
    that isnt worth the effort. 500 per opener is the bare minimum. say 500 on a +120 dog, then it moves or you can get -105 on the fav youre looking at around 36.50 for a full scalp or somewhere there abouts. At 3.4% its a decent one, but to make it worthwhile you want to have 5-6K on the opener then youre looking to get back youre 365 or so.

If youre doing it to actually make money you need to make 300-500 a day, and look to profit 95 out of 100 days taking leads. With the software these guys are talking about you wont find the big spreads but you dont have to worry about taking leads either. So if you get this and see numbers like -110/+112 and can only bet 200 or 300 a side youre not going to make anything. Between 2 and 3 bux per play. Your better off taking youre money to an OTB or on TVG and parlay show tickets with a 50 dollar starting stake.

MehT

Quote Originally Posted by wantitall4moi View Post
    you need about 20 times that much in 200 bets at least to make it worth while.
    I don't know what you think is worthwhile, but I think it has been worthwhile. I've made a bit more than $2500 on these 200 odd bets (around 2% profit in average)...

jjgold

that isnt worth the effort. 500 per opener is the bare minimum. say 500 on a +120 dog, then it moves or you can get -105 on the fav youre looking at around 36.50 for a full scalp or somewhere there abouts. At 3.4% its a decent one, but to make it worthwhile you want to have 5-6K on the opener then youre looking to get back youre 365 or so.

If youre doing it to actually make money you need to make 300-500 a day, and look to profit 95 out of 100 days taking leads. With the software these guys are talking about you wont find the big spreads but you dont have to worry about taking leads either. So if you get this and see numbers like -110/+112 and can only bet 200 or 300 a side youre not going to make anything. Between 2 and 3 bux per play. Your better off taking youre money to an OTB or on TVG and parlay show tickets with a 50 dollar starting stake.
    Taking leads is risky though, line might not move enough although I see your point

wantitall4moi

depends on what you want to make. If you like looking at the software and dont have anything else going on and dont mind leaving money in a lot of books and think 2500 is worth the risk then it works. Free money is always good money. But if you get stiffed by just one place or even have large fees taken out by any or all of them that drastically reduces the return, probably takes 20-25% of profits just for fees.

Would be a lot different if you were doing that in Vegas and had money/ticket in hand and had zero risk of being stiffed and had no fees. Basically you would then just be figuring out what your time was worth.

wantitall4moi

Taking leads is risky though, line might not move enough although I see your point
    taking leads isnt a huge risk, if youre in vegas and have access to Pinnacle, and a few exchanges even with a 'bad' one you can get out with less than a nickle loss. But if you are any good at it youre going to break even or make something 90% of the time.

Just about every baseball game posted moves enough these days to offer at least a break even return, the trick is picking the right side at the right time. It takes practice and involves a gut feeling as well as experience. I just fool around now and am still dong OK, my 'bad' leads have gone up slightly but not enough to not make it easy money. Just not as much money.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

How does anybody do arbs for any length of time without beards? I made about £500 from arbs using Stan James and bet365 this wknd and have had my account deleted by SJ as a result!

jjgold

The Arbing business is drying up

Best way like Wanty says

Take early leans at and hope it moves to bet other side

That's really not betting weak lines

wantitall4moi

most arbs are just lines at books slow to move anyway so there are really no 'pure' arbitrages anymore. Thats why betting into these types of lines is risky because anybook that is safe and reliable moves when other books do, even if they arent really balanced at least a penny or two to avoid large plays on them. Just enough to avoid a decent sized arb at another book. So if they are in line with a -130/120 line and suddenly every book moves to -115/105 and they stay where they are they risk issues. Some do but like I said those books are small and probably have low limits. But books with even modest limits are going to move to -125/115 even if they 'shouldnt' just to avoid potential exposure.

It isnt bookmaking anymore for most places it is book keeping. Thats why the big places with a lot of volume actually have the best chance of survival because they are the ones setting the market and are actually moving on bets and not air. While clone books move whenever Greek,pinnacle,cris et al move.

AndreMan
    AndreMan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Any guidance or suggested reading / approach?

Hello, I'm just getting familiar with this site and sports arbitrage in general and saw this thread. I've been using the software for a few weeks now and can see what each of you is suggesting. It's certainly not like plucking low hanging fruit and throwing money at it doesn't help much because of the limitations and issues with most bookmakers. While I don't mind a daily "grind" if there is a reward for the effort, I see it would be very difficult to earn enough to make it a full time worthwhile effort. Along those lines though, would anyone mind offering any advice or thoughts on "taking leads"? Of course, the appeal of arbitrage "betting" is the low risk of loss, which comes from factors outside the math of the actual bets themselves and this makes it more appealing, were it to be more practical than it is. But, I'd definitely like to explore the other approach and certainly appreciate any starting advice / info you can offer. thanks, Andre (okay, why can't I get a line return in my text?)