Monitor-Tan
    Tony Romo of Daily Fantasy
    Monitor-Tan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 428

Asian pitchers and the "rubber arm"

A lot of people post that asian pitchers have rubber arm, or suck, or well you fill in the blank..

I think problem is just that there's really not many asian pitchers in the league... All japan does is sign over guys who were "the best IN JAPAN".. Why not give mid tier players in Japan a shot in the minors and see if they can get to the Majors.. I think that's what's flawed here.. We send guys to the minors here and get called up.. Japanese players come here and go to the Majors.. It's like as if the Majors see Japanese team as like a AAA team.. But in reality it's really not.. It's like a college prospect going to the pro's.. Some kids go to the pros and suck when they were awesome at college.. Some mid kids who were mid to mid high tiered players do well in the Pro's..

Anyone remember Kazuhiro Sasaki? He was the closer for the Mariners a while back.. I wouldn't call him "rubber arms" or suck.. He was a dominant closer... I think he also won the AL ROY if I remember correctly.. Sure most have failed but there were atleast one or two that did alright.. And maybe Yu Darvish will be another name to add to that list..

I think Japanese pitchers are just frowned upon because of the money teams pay for "negotiation rights"... I mean if Dice-K negotiation contract was 10 dollars, and he signed the average couple of million a year contract, would we really care if he sucks??

baskets
    Poster of the Month Twice a Month
    baskets's Avatar Become A Pro!

Dice-K does suck

anyways, they have small penises but are great for civilized societies to have as citizens.