This promo by SBR really backfired on VC

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Sammy let me handle this

indio
    indio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3954

This place must have really changed. I opened an account with them in 2001 primarily to bet on golf, since at the time, very few places offered full field odds on golf tournaments. I hit an each way on David Toms at 80-1 on the PGA Tour for my first score with them for about 4k. I ended up hitting a couple more and then made a real nice score for 18k on the 2004 champions league with an each way on Porto at 33-1. Every time I wanted to get paid, they did a bank transfer into my bank account which NEVER took more than 3 days to be received. I hit a couple of nice NFL divisional futures where they took $500 bets, and they never batted an eye. I bet horses, basketball, all sorts of stuff and they never once made an issue with me winning money. Being an American, they closed my account in late 2006 and paid me in full. Perhaps since I was betting a lot into higher vig futures markets they didnt mind me turning a profit? I remember 2 bets on the 2002 superbowl, one was for $1000 on new england leading at any time for 1-1, and $400 on New England ML at 5-1, and they never said boo. Sound like that's grounds for dismissal now.

Sad to see they are so gutless now, a real shame. I had exclusively a phone account, never had an issue with them, won money, and was never denied a bet (although a few baseball futures had to be authorized). Always thought they were a class act, but alas, that was quite a while ago,

Ferretktf
    Ferretktf's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 310

Dear Mr

We are contacting you today to advise that a business decision has been taken by our Senior Traders and I must inform you that betting Account Number ### has now been closed and no further business may be executed on your behalf.

The total balance of the Account £### is currently in the process of being paid back to Card ending #### and can take 3-6 working days to reflect on your banking statement.

The balance of this Account now stands at zero with no outstanding bets.

As explained in our Terms and Conditions, a Traders decision is final and will not be over turned.

We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your past custom.

Best Regards,

That is exactly how it was written ... "Dear Mr " .... the trader could not even be bothered to look up my surname and put it in the field !

Hareeba!
    Hareeba!'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20363

I would expect that the trader of whomever is responsible for generating that would have expected the software to automatically insert your surname.

jjgold

TheSportsAnalyst
    TheSportsAnalyst's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 66

As I said in another thread received the same email today.

But the funny things is I've received it after a bet (still unsettled).
    I'm not joking.

I've placed €100 (yes, only a buck) backing a horse @11.00 (yes, only 10/1).
    No arbs of course, also because arbing on horses (especially when the field is full) is quite impossible.
    E-mail sent after a couple of minutes and I'm out.

For a €100 wager, unsettled, on a 10/1 horse.

Do you want to ear the funniest part: horse is declared a NR a couple of hours later.

WHAT A JOKE.

Worst european book by far.

noyb
    noyb's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6821

Dear Mr , We are contacting you today to advise that a business decision has been taken by our Senior Traders and I must inform you that betting Account Number has now been closed and no further business may be executed on your behalf.

The total balance of the Account is currently in the process of being paid back to your MoneyBookers account.

The balance of this Account now stands at zero.
    As explained in our Terms and Conditions, a Traders decision is final and will not be over turned.
    Kind Regards

Rose Comper
    Account Queries Department

they're a complete waste of space, and so is this interview.

noyb
    noyb's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6821

to add to that, i understand sbr's ratings cannot reflect whether a book limits or not. there wouldn't be all that many a-books left. but books like victor chandler don't just limit: they throw out everybody that as a clue and only want complete retards as their clients. this thread only testifies to this, it looks like there aren't that many sbr-posters that were not banned (and if you're a poster that's not banned, really, stop betting altogether, you are only going to lose). don't get me wrong, they can do whatever they want, that's their business model, whatever suits them.

but for sbr to give them advertising space to promote themselves as a so-called serious bookmaker, well known and respected in the online gambling scene, etc etc really makes me sick to my stomach. they're a bunch of cowards, nothing more, nothing less. and the way they make money has absolutely nothing to with sportsbetting in any sort of way, it's spot-the-retard-and-take-him-for-all-he-has-got.

pinnacle, the asians, to a lesser extent books like the greek and really quite a big range of other books actually have a spine every now and then in some sports and try to be actual bookmakers. they might not be as profitable (or they might be even more profitable), but they're trying to have opinions on games and actually giving a **** about the industry. interview these guys and give them credit where credit is due. and please, call shit-books like victor chandler out for what they really are instead of this complete bs shameful interview.. "a visionair and a pioneer in the industry". yeah, right natalie, well done, it's really sickening.
    Last edited by noyb; 05-11-12 at 06:59 PM.

Thremp
    Thremp's Avatar Become A Pro!

My problem is that they use their security department to defraud players and turn a profit. They ARE running a scam. Justin still has declined to explore anymore of my dispute publicly. Why did they suddenly bend when SBR got involved? Because they knew they had no leg to stand on? For every person that uses SBR, there are likely dozens who're robbed.

With this ban all winners approach, then requiring a ton of documents and defrauding the winners, you only will create a small number of complaints while freerolling the bulk of your least valuable clientele.

Joey Zaza
    Joey Zaza's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3579

Can we have another interview with Victor but with questions relevant to his business today, not 100 years ago when he could get away with offering woeful prices to high-rolling mugs?

Here's a couple to start with…

Why are you unwilling to back your odds makers in the market place?

Why do you close accounts after one or two winning bets?

Do Bet365 give you sleepless nights?

Why do you not make it clear on your website or TV adverts that customers are not actually allowed to win?

Do you feel your skills as a bookmaker have been exposed now that the internet has made it a level playing field for punters willing to do some research?

Why did you run off to Gibraltar?

Anything else we'd like to hear Victor answer guys?

jjgold

BET365 destroyed so much competition

Fred87
    Fred87's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 486

Dear Mr xxxxx

We are contacting you today to advise that a business decision has been taken by our Senior Traders and I must inform you that betting Account Number xxxxxx has now been closed and no further business may be executed on your behalf.

The balance of this Account now stands at zero with no outstanding bets.

Kind regards
    Cecilia
    Victor Chandler Contact Centre

one more

VC is a JOKE

First 12