gohabsgo
    gohabsgo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

daily fantasy baseball

I started playing on fanduel.com and i have some strategy issues.

I am playing some of the regulars on the site on a daily basis in heads-up games.
    For instance each player bet 270$ and the winner takes $500.
    Some of the guys i'm playing will play many many games with the same lineup. So at the end of the day they have a huge position for their only lineup. My question is should i play them with only 1 lineup as well or "diversify" my positions?

BTW the lines will most of the time dictate my plays. Ex: tomorrow highest total on the board is atl-colorado and atlanta is favorite. So my lineup will have a lot of Atlanta players..

Any daily fantasy expert here?

Redman3693
    Redman3693's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 359

I have recently been enjoying similar action with 35K daily fantasy drafts at fansaloon.com -I have been using the dailies (free ones) to get more exposure to this "sprint" style of fantasy play. It fits right in with 'instant gratification' lifestyles we are all becoming accustomed to...

Very similar to a 'scratch & win' lotto ticket IMHO

Because there are some 'very sticky' variables:
    -exactly how many players are in each pool, not how many seats...
    -has your competition 'joined forces' to squeeze you out...

I have some serious personal concerns & would be hard pressed to deposit the bank in any of them. NOTE - I am not saying that there is scamming happening, I'm just pointing out that there is greater potential in ventures like these.

That being said, go out & knock 'em dead

BGboothA
    BGboothA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 212

I have been playing quite a bit and with some success. My main focus is on the pitching. I use very very similar hitting lineups and mixup with two or three SP.

TomG
    TomG's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm starting to think only the top 1% of players (or less) can win at this long term. Look at the rake structure you describe (and this is one of the lower raked games).

Pay $20 for the chance to play a game with one of two results:

1) Win $250. Net +$230 after fees.
    2) Lose $250. Net -$270 after fees.

In sports betting that's risking $270 to win $230 or around -117 fair odds. Can you really average that long term? You wind up against someone of equal skill and you're paying a 7% vig on a coin flip. If you face someone better than you it's a huge negative expectation. Unless you are the best player on the site where you are always a favorite (hopefully a huge favorite but sometimes only a slight favorite). Unfortunately the bad players are going to go broke fast with this rake structure so all that will be left eventually are the decent players who then start chewing into each other losing to the rake and eventually no one wins. Sites try to obscure this by quoting gross win figures.

It's fun and entertaining and all, but their rake structure is just brutal for gambling.

mrpooh
    mrpooh's Avatar Become A Pro!

The way I use these sites is by using a stack line up of a large favorite I like(-150 or higher). I reduce the juice then. For example, I like the Angels tonight. But instead of taking them -175, i will use a stack of as many hitters of theirs as I can, along with their pitcher. Anyone I can' afford I will throw in some cheaper starters of other teams. If i win, i get paid out at 230 for 270 bet(assuming a 270 for 500 game) which equals about -120. Plus I can win even if the Angels lose.

TomG

Hmm well maybe it is possible to maintain a win rate above -117.

mrpooh
    mrpooh's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by TomG View Post
    Hmm well maybe it is possible to maintain a win rate above -117.
    It is very possible, if you put the time into it. I can't tell you how many times I play against guys who use playes not starting, or use players in games that get rained out. And these are the big money games(270 or higher). So if i can go .500 on games against people that have a clue, you turn a profit. Plus some sites have reward programs so for every dollar wagered you get more back

TomG

So what are the best fantasy sports forums? This one seems pretty dead.

ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9605

ask any question you have, it will be answered

Robber
    Robber's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 92737

i would use same lineup

put in time and optimize it and then use it a few times

Monitor-Tan
    Tony Romo of Daily Fantasy
    Monitor-Tan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 428

It's usualyl best to use the same line up.. With multiple line ups if you set it up wrong, you can push even at the endo f the day and get killed by the vig..

Carseller4
    Carseller4's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4817

Usually have 5 key players and mix up the other 4.

rochestertitans
    betpoints ARE MY ONLY BANKROLL
    rochestertitans's Avatar Become A Pro!

lynn is great

opie1988
    I have a MAJOR fukkin clue..
    opie1988's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

Basically pick as many Texas Rangers as you can everyday. You'll end up rich.

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

Quote Originally Posted by opie1988 View Post
    Basically pick as many Texas Rangers as you can everyday. You'll end up rich.
    homer til the end

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47428

Quote Originally Posted by ttwarrior1 View Post
    ask any question you have, it will be answered
    why don't you pay mikemca for winning our fantasy NBA league?? Send the points deadbeat, why should he have to contact you, scammer?? SEND THE POINTS

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 53

pretty sure sites arent allowing anyone to stack teams anymore?

John Morrison
    fly eagles fly
    John Morrison's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 85

Quote Originally Posted by RudyRuetigger View Post
    pretty sure sites arent allowing anyone to stack teams anymore?

ive gotten stacked by the braves over this past weekend , my opponent took 8 braves and lohse , think it was saturday , i got rolled they scored around 100 , i got 500 on daily joust usually play 10 or 20 doller heads up 1 or 2 each day , ive won more then i lost , and i do think there is enough skill involved for some1 to succesfully make money off it long term ( stat nerds with common sense ). i do think pitching is the most important position , and usually the most salary cost , but for the most part the pitchers are scoring 30 - 40 percent of your total points , so first thing i go over is pitching , then i create a lineup with the remaining salary , first step , is checking the WEATHER (very important) , 2nd is lineups , 3rd matchups (righty vs lefty) etc. , streaky hitters... elite players get hot and usually stay hot , when there slumping not much changes , just going threw motions