marcojuiceman
    marcojuiceman's Avatar Become A Pro!

FBI Busted Two Former NFL Players For Cashing Tax Refund Checks

The
    FBI arrested former NFL players William Joseph and Michael Bennett for their involvement in a fraudulent tax refund check cashing scheme totaling $500,000
    , according to the
    Miami Herald
    .The group was caught after the FBI set up a fake check-cashing store in the Miami area.Joseph and six others were caught trying to cash the fraudulently obtained checks, forging signatures, and using illegal identification documents.Bennett (pictured) is being charged with wire fraud after trying to obtain a $200,000 loan from the fake check-cashing store and lying about having $9 million in collateral.Joseph and Bennett were both drafted in the first round of the 2001 NFL Draft, by the New York Giants and Minnesota Vikings, respectively.They became teammates as members of the Oakland Raiders in 2009.

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/micha...#ixzz1tiyqwETF

ttrace35
    ttrace35's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1782

This seems to be a common scheme in the miami area. I have a connect in miami that makes fake w2 forms. All my jobless homies in NY got income tax checks from florida for $5000. I declined. Will come back eventually, but these guy don't care.