Swinging Johnson
    Swinging Johnson's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5566

Boys, tell me what you think of Memphis to win outright

Memphis straight up over the Clippers. A poster wrote to me explaining that he had 2 of three legs in a 3 team tease already in with Memphis being the final leg. Thus, he has them + a half point. What percentage would you hedge of this tease with the Clips currently getting about 5 1/2 points?

It's really more of a middle than a hedge but I advised him to protect himself. I'm wondering, based on the teams playing tonight, what percentage of this bet you would put on the Clippers. Do you trust the Clippers? Do you trust Memphis? What say you SBR?

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

Memphis by 12+

Swinging Johnson

Yeah Smoke, I hear you. Clippers dont impress me.

Les_Nuts
    Les_Nuts's Avatar Become A Pro!

I don't understand teasers that well but what is the difference between +0.5 points and -0.5 points? Why didn't he go down another point to get more value?

Swinging Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by Les_Nuts View Post
    I don't understand teasers that well but what is the difference between +0.5 points and -0.5 points? Why didn't he go down another point to get more value?
    For a two team teaser in hoops you get 4 points. For a three team teaser in hoops you get 6. The line was Memphis -5.5 therefore he got +.5. The half point means nothing either way because they cannot tie.