TheCentaur
    TheCentaur's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 68

Amazing the differences in what is acceptable across different sports

Two players get in a fistfight in the NFL they get fined and suspended, in hockey each team goes so far as to designate an enforcer who is expected to get into fistfights while everyone watches.

NBA a guy throws an elbow he's a serial killer, in Rugby guys kick and elbow while they're on the ground with the ball so they can start the next play faster.

I was just watching some NRL Rugby match and a guy with no pads, no helmet knocks himself out hitting another guy with no pads and no helmet. After a minute or two he stumbles to his feet so the trainers run off the field and play begins again. No concussion testing, no out for a play, just shakes it off and keeps playing.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: QuantumLeap

Pete0
    --------------------
    Pete0's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

same with life.

you could kill a turkey and be a chef. if u kill a cat all of a sudden its a big deal.

also, in some countries its socially acceptable to beat up your kids like they are your property.

dj_destroyer
    I'm +EV
    dj_destroyer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 383

Let's be honest... as much as I respect euro sports and the old world history Europe has, their people are nothing compared to North Americans on a large scale.

Pivotpoint
    Pivotpoint's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3817

On the surface, this seems somewhat accurate. But, think about it.

Football, Hockey and Rugby are violent games. Expectations of extreme physical and violent play are assumed and expected.

I thought the Artest elbow was despicable. Not only was the shot not expected, that's a real soft spot near the ear and could have easily done some serious damage. Remindes me of cowards that we've all seen that sucker punch guys in bars, parties, what have you.

Sometimes shit happens and at least be a man and call a guy out and square up. Usually a pos that sucker punches a guy is quickly brought to justice by others. In this case, Artest just walks away and gets 7 games. Nba had a chance to make an example of this guy, but failed.

CookiMonster
    CookiMonster's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 32

Quote Originally Posted by Pete0 View Post
    same with life.

you could kill a turkey and be a chef. if u kill a cat all of a sudden its a big deal.

also, in some countries its socially acceptable to beat up your kids like they are your property.
    what disturbs me the most is if you kill a cat or dog its considered a delicacy in some parts of the world. I'd never kill my dog. everyones best friend

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

Its because they don't want blacks fighting

Deuce
    Eddie Mush
    Deuce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3519

comala57
    comala57's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

It is a little more simple than that. The guy is clearly more of a man than any of our professional athletes. That's the role model I want my kids watching. Take a bump, get up and keep playing.

And always remember, Chicks Dig Scars!

a4u2fear
    TEASE IT
    a4u2fear's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 35459

Fighting exists in the NHL because back in the day, the equipment sucked. If you got hit with a huge hipcheck and you had your head down, odds are you were getting a concussion or fukked up because your equipment couldn't absorb it. Also, no one wore helmets, so if you got your stick near someones head, odds are they would get severly hurt. In order to "police" or "discourage" someone from giving out huge hits every second or getting their stick in someones face, you knew that if you did, you would have to fight cuz no one was going to take your shit.

Nflmikes
    Nflmikes's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 237

Speedy88
    Speedy88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1636

Quote Originally Posted by dj_destroyer View Post
    Let's be honest... as much as I respect euro sports and the old world history Europe has, their people are nothing compared to North Americans on a large scale.
    Haha I love it. That's some funny shit.