griz
    FEB 2012 POTM
    griz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 607

kid is an absolute stud

bigday this kid will be leader of your defense in three years

teaserpleaser
    teaserpleaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

griz are serious or just fukkin around? They took a kid who who is avg at best hes not a game changer anybody can get a slow white safety in the later rounds. LOL unreal

William Walters
    William Walters's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

Quote Originally Posted by teaserpleaser View Post
    griz are serious or just fukkin around? They took a kid who who is avg at best hes not a game changer anybody can get a slow white safety in the later rounds. LOL unreal
    Maybe that want an intelligent safety rather than a dumb one....that are a dime a dozen.

ebbearsfb1
    ebbearsfb1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1694

op doesnt have a clue..

smith was a late first guy all along..

now bruce irvin could be considered a reach

ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9740

should of took the cb

teaserpleaser

Quote Originally Posted by William Walters View Post
    Maybe that want an intelligent safety rather than a dumb one....that are a dime a dozen.
    Yeah well lets see how that works out on the field how many white safetys you see on sunday even the jets would tell you that pick was stupid and they like white safetys.

teaserpleaser

Quote Originally Posted by ebbearsfb1 View Post
    op doesnt have a clue..

smith was a late first guy all along..

now bruce irvin could be considered a reach
    Yeah no clue because he was projected first round makes it a good pick.... horrible pick you can always get a avg safety worthy was just sitting there others are just sitting there horrible first round pick

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24866

Minny to ens last in the NFC central =

ebbearsfb1

right cause race has everything to do with it, as usual

doesnt matter how fast you are if you dont know where to line up
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: William Walters

William Walters

Yeah well lets see how that works out on the field how many white safetys you see on sunday even the jets would tell you that pick was stupid and they like white safetys.
    Love that a degenerate hanging out on a message board thinks he knows more than some of the brightest football minds on the planet. Unreal. Only at SBR.

ebbearsfb1

Yeah no clue because he was projected first round makes it a good pick.... horrible pick you can always get a avg safety worthy was just sitting there others are just sitting there horrible first round pick
    honestly dont even know why i respond to people on here with no knowledge of football..

yup average safety, front office has no clue what their doing.

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO

I'm hammered boys.

Superbowl HOMEBOY!!!!!!!!!!!!

ebbearsfb1

Quote Originally Posted by william walters View Post
    love that a degenerate hanging out on a message board thinks he knows more than some of the brightest football minds on the planet. Unreal. Only at sbr.

this!!!!

teaserpleaser

right cause race has everything to do with it, as usual

doesnt matter how fast you are if you dont know where to line up
    if hes pink and runs a 4.37 im all for it is he ed reed is he troy palamalu?? is he any where close... NO is this kid a game changer NO is he special NO .... c'mon man this isnt the 80s or 90s this is a passing league Kid is tight in the hips and is going to get burnt in coverage.

teaserpleaser

honestly dont even know why i respond to people on here with no knowledge of football..

yup average safety, front office has no clue what their doing.
    I know more about football than you will ever know try again

teaserpleaser

Love that a degenerate hanging out on a message board thinks he knows more than some of the brightest football minds on the planet. Unreal. Only at SBR.
    Not a Degen anymore havent made a cash bet in over a Year you can also try again time to time i try and have a conversation with you know nothings but not sure why. Ok im wrong that was a great pick an average safety in the first round you're right the brightest football minds never fukk up and make mistakes in the draft

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO

WoooooooHooooooooooooooioo!!!!!!!!

teaserpleaser

Quote Originally Posted by BIGDAY View Post
    I'm hammered boys.

Superbowl HOMEBOY!!!!!!!!!!!!
    have a good one Bigday knock one back for me sorry about the pick ....really a avg safety at least you got matt kahlil

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO

Rock on teaser!! Always wish you the best pal.

William Walters

Not a Degen anymore havent made a cash bet in over a Year you can also try again time to time i try and have a conversation with you know nothings but not sure why. Ok im wrong that was a great pick an average safety in the first round you're right the brightest football minds never fukk up and make mistakes in the draft
    Now that I see its computer lab night at the school for special kids......I'll find another thread to partake in.

ebbearsfb1

Hahaah I'm sure you do... lmao... as soon as you bring race into it, I know you do not.. hasn't made a bet in year but is on a gambling site... maybe he won't be troy or ed reed, but the kid hasn't played a damn game yet, and he is already an average safety...gotta love guys like that... yup first round bust hasnt even been fitted for shoulder pads yet... hahah right you know more than me about football.. if you know so much then you should know you cannot judge a book by its cover on draft night hahahahah

teaserpleaser

You too buddy what you drinking? how pumped up are you for 146? Heavyweights rumbling

teaserpleaser

Now that I see its computer lab night at the school for special kids......I'll find another thread to partake in.
    Burn

teaserpleaser

Hahaah I'm sure you do... lmao... as soon as you bring race into it, I know you do not.. hasn't made a bet in year but is on a gambling site... maybe he won't be troy or ed reed, but the kid hasn't played a damn game yet, and he is already an average safety...gotta love guys like that... yup first round bust hasnt even been fitted for shoulder pads yet... hahah right you know more than me about football.. if you know so much then you should know you can judge a book by its cover on draft night hahahahah
    somebody got butt hurt find how many posts i have in the last few weeks this really the best you have that I dont gamble and i talk shit on a gambling forum fukkin weak Lame you should be able to do better I watched him at ND i watched the combine hes not that good you think hes first round good? really?

teaserpleaser

You too buddy what you drinking? how pumped up are you for 146? Heavyweights rumbling
    For you Bigday you still there or you passed out?

teaserpleaser

did i mention how corny that shit was now that you have nothing to say about mistakes in past drafts... kick rocks buddy

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO

Lol, got my boat in the water and hangin in a small WI town tonight and ten crashing on the boat. I'll be here all night.

teaserpleaser

good to know Im not blind or alone ::: Evan Silva@evansilva
    I watched every game of Harrison's Smith's career at #NotreDame. Never would have imagined he'd be a top-50 pick, let alone 1st round

teaserpleaser

Harrison Smith A First Round Prospect?

by lastcallbmore on Apr 9, 2012 7:00 AM EDT

Jonathan Daniel - Getty ImagesMore photos »
    6 months ago: SOUTH BEND, IN - OCTOBER 22: Curtis McNeal #22 of the University of Southern California Trojans tries to hold off Harrison Smith #22 of the Notre Dame Fighting Irish at Notre Dame Stadium on October 22, 2011 in South Bend, Indiana. (Photo by Jonathan Daniel/Getty Images)

Browse more photos »

There have been plenty of Mock drafts floating around the internet of late. Some have the Ravens taking an offensive lineman in the first. Some have them taking a linebacker, wide receiver, defensive end or safety. Of course you can make a strong argument for each of these areas because, although the Ravens have their starting positions set for the most part, they are desperately in need of depth at some. Perhaps the most pressing need is guard. The team should be able to find at least one quality guard in this draft. Shortly behind guard is safety. Unfortunately, in this years draft, safeties are few and far between.
    Mark Barron of Alabama is the overall consensus top safety in the draft but after him there is really not much. The number two ranked safety, Notre Dame's Harrison Smith, has been linked to Baltimore in more than one draft. Some have them picking him at the 29th pick overall. Smith is an excellent athlete and a physically imposing figure in the secondary at 6'2" 215 lbs., with room to grow. however for the Ravens to use a first round pick on someone I think they really have to know that he has the potential to be either a dominant lineman or a true play-maker at the next level.
    That just doesn't seem right to me. Smith is a converted linebacker who can deliver crushing blows in the secondary but I just do not think he is what the Ravens are looking for in a safety. Especially in the first round. Smith struggles in pass coverage and has very tight hips causing him to perform poorly with his back to the ball. He can be very explosive at times but I do not think he is what Baltimore is looking for out of a first rounder. It seems too much like a reach out of need to me, and that's something the Ravens do not do.
    I wouldn't be against drafting Smith later in the draft for depth but I think the overall lack of safety talent in the draft may cause his stock to be way too high. I understand the need to get a replacement for Ed Reed at some point but this guy looks more to be suited for strong safety. Maybe the next Bernard Pollard.

Below are Smiths' strengths and weaknesses, you be the judge.
    Strengths: Looks the part with prototypical size and strength for a strong safety, long arms with a filled-out frame. Extremely strong with natural power to make punishing hits. Physical striker who enjoys contact. Fills the run lanes hard and is a downhill athlete with an aggressive nature at the point of attack. Plays fast and closes in a flash with conviction and determination, fast in pursuit. Makes plays at all levels of the field and has strong hands to make shoe-string tackles. Read/reacts quickly and does a nice job interpreting the eyes of the quarterback. Big-time competitor and leader, never giving up on plays, goes hard at full speed. Very active pre-snap and shows natural awareness. Played both linebacker and safety in college with 47 career starts, showing steady improvement over his time in South Bend. Very productive at Notre Dame, leaving as the only player in school history to register more than 200 tackles, 15 tackles for loss and 15 pass break-ups over his career, finished with 307 tackles, 18.5 tackles for loss and 28 pass break-ups.
    Weaknesses: An upright athlete who lacks ideal body flexibility and natural explosion to hold up in coverage or space. Has tight hips and struggles to turn and quickly change directions, plays stiff. Needs to be a more technically-sound tackler, often going for the knockout hit or forced fumble instead of wrapping up, hits too high and loses leverage, allowing ball carriers to pick up extra yards. Plays overaggressive and moves too fast for his eyes ? missed tackles in space and over runs plays. Has streaky instincts and doesn't see things as quick as he needs to. Still has a lot of developing to do. Needs to play under control and disciplined, too many unnecessary face-mask penalties on his record. Has poor footwork and feel in man coverage and is too hands-on when left on an island, will attract pass interference penalties. Still made too many mistakes as a senior and didn't register an interception in 2011 after seven pick-offs in 2010.
    NFL Comparison: Craig Steltz, Chicago Bears
    -- Dane Brugler
    Also here is an overview on Smith from cbssports.com
    Smith was a highly regarded recruit, choosing Notre Dame over Tennessee, Stanford and Auburn. After red-shirting in 2007, he soon earned his way onto the field at both linebacker and safety in 2008 as a true freshman (9 starts), recording 57 tackles, 8.5 tackles for loss, 3.5 sacks, and 7 pass break-ups. Smith started all 12 games in 2009 as a sophomore at both linebacker and safety, finishing with 69 tackles, 6.5 tackles for loss, 4 pass break-ups and 1 forced fumble.
    He had his most productive season in 2010 as a junior (13 starts), finishing second on the team with 91 tackles and led the Irish with 7 interceptions (fourth in the FBS) and 7 pass break-ups. Smith returned in 2011 as a senior captain with 13 starts, recording 90 tackles, 3.0 tackles for loss, 1 forced fumble and a career-best 10 pass break-ups, but didn't record a pick-off.
    Smith is a hybrid linebacker/safety prospect with the build, straight-line speed and natural power to turn heads, downhill defender whose shortcomings athletically are exposed in coverage. He is a much better player facing the action, struggling with his back to the ball. Smith is a frustrating prospect because he shows flashes with his natural skill and play-making ability, but is too inconsistent against both the run and pass.
    Smith is rough around the edges and is far from starting in the NFL because of his limitations in coverage and mental mistakes, but he should excel on special teams coverage with his closing and hitting ability, an in-the-box safety prospect who will impress physically, but shouldn't be drafted in the top-75 picks on draft weekend

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO

Not surprised if Minny fukks me. What's new. Lol

teaserpleaser

good night know nothings aka ebbears and willy walters

teaserpleaser

Quote Originally Posted by BIGDAY View Post
    Not surprised if Minny fukks me. What's new. Lol
    they traded up for him too but oh well you got the offensive line man you wanted. You could have had worthy or another nice piece but they stretched the fukk out that late first rounder to fill a need. I've seen the kid play tons good luck leaving that kid on an island and asking him to cover.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

First rounders should not be unknowns, unless they are offensive linemen. I never know who those guys are.

ebbearsfb1

Right know nothings.. judging a guy on draft night... because poe and irvin should of been first round picks... poe couldn't dominate in conference usa, and irvin was about a round early... lmao... o wait though... its DRAFT NIGHT... if bruce or poe turn out to be a hall of famers or harrison smith has a 10 year pro bowl career than its a good pick... can't judge a guy on draft night mr. Know everything
    Last edited by ebbearsfb1; 04-27-12 at 06:25 AM.

123 Last