SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

SBR "My Posts" tutorial

Hi guys,

My Posts is a feature which shows threads you've posted in, ordered by the date the thread is last replied to. This guide is intended to help educate on the proper way of using:

NOTE: "Refreshing" My Posts does not generate a new search. You must literally click the "My Posts" link again. This confused some readers who realized when they "paged through", the results updated.

NOTE 2: It takes approximately
    five minutes for a post you made to show up.

• How to use
      1. Click "My Posts".

My Posts page
    1. What's shown are the most recently bumped threads which you have made a post in (limit of 1,000 posts). I.e. if you posted 100 times in one of Dad's threads, and 900 times in 900 different threads, you'll see 901 results paging through.

Links on the My Posts page

• Search by posts link

1. The most recent 1,000 posts you've authored are shown when clicking this link.

Bcatswin
    Bcats Winning Everywhere
    Bcatswin's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5350

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24866

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

This 'myposts' shite .....

WTF is up with this application SBR? Sometimes when I click the link it shows my posts in order from recent activity. Other times it is totally random. So what is the purpose of this link? Recent activity or just any of my posts oin whatever order?

SBR Lou

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36 View Post
    WTF is up with this application SBR? Sometimes when I click the link it shows my posts in order from recent activity. Other times it is totally random. So what is the purpose of this link? Recent activity or just any of my posts oin whatever order?
    Hi EP,

The recent addition of a new DB server sometimes clips the last 3 days from My Posts. Usually quickly fixed with a CTRL F5. We're working on it.

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

Everything will be OK

We will cradle you like a newborn

The Giant
    The Giant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

I was wondering about this, too.

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

it's been giving me issues lately. Sometimes on searches I'll lose the last three days, like Lou mentioned.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2380

We know

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4639

Quote Originally Posted by SBR Lou View Post
    My Posts is a feature which shows threads you've posted in, ordered by the date the thread is last replied to. This guide is intended to help educate on the proper way of using

This hasn't worked right since the Forum Upgrade. The post order is always out of whack.

My browser is set to clear cache when closing it, and set to collect 0MB of cache. So a good 'ol Ctrl+F5 is useless.

Here is a screenshot of "My Posts" after just booting up, opening browser, and logging into SBR:

opie1988
    I have a MAJOR fukkin clue..
    opie1988's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

I am flying down to the mothership this weekend to discuss a few of these glitches with our IT guys.

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

60% of all sbr posters are so shitty they should never want to click on that link

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

Quote Originally Posted by InTheDrink View Post
    60% of all sbr posters are so shitty they should never want to click on that link
    Majority of my SBR browsing is from "View New Posts" and "My Posts" link. So it would be nice to have this problem fixed.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year

Quote Originally Posted by onlooker View Post
    Majority of my SBR browsing is from "View New Posts" and "My Posts" link. So it would be nice to have this problem fixed.
    Looker I've got you in the 40% side pal

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

Quote Originally Posted by InTheDrink View Post
    Looker I've got you in the 40% side pal

SBR Lou

Quote Originally Posted by onlooker View Post

This hasn't worked right since the Forum Upgrade. The post order is always out of whack.
    Actually the forum upgrade has nothing to do with it. The addition of a new db server means occasionally you are loading search data from one and not other. It's being worked on, the other order logic you note can be explained by the first post in this thread.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Smoke

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

Actually the forum upgrade has nothing to do with it. The addition of a new db server means occasionally you are loading search data from one and not other. It's being worked on, the other order logic you note can be explained by the first post in this thread.
    Not sure if it was the upgrade or not, but it seems like its been out of whack since then.

All I know is, the order of "My Posts", is never in order. I always click the "My Posts" link, and not just refreshing.

Glad it is being worked on though. I hope it is fixed sooner then later.

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

This is what I getting at with this thread, by the way.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

never looked

all I do is reload players talk every minute so I do not miss anything
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: yisman

Bill Dozer
    @BillDozer110
    Bill Dozer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21705

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36 View Post
    Everyone knows that it's ordered by the last post in the thread and not necessarily your posting order right? That means if someone posts in your thread from 2011 7 minutes ago, it will be first. It's ordering the threads youve taken part in by activity.

The databse stuff needs to be fixed right away and we are working on that. We can't be off 1/4 of the time because of one of the dbs. We'll get it.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Dozer View Post
    Everyone knows that it's ordered by the last post in the thread and not necessarily your posting order right? That means if someone posts in your thread from 2011 7 minutes ago, it will be first. It's ordering the threads youve taken part in by activity.
    That's the way it's suppose to be. That is why I like to use it, to keep up with what I posted in. But when someone posts in a few week old thread today, it could still be buried a few pages deep. Look at my sshot, everything is scrabbled.

SBR is doing a good job, especially the techs, but these things bug me.

Again, I'm glad it is the process of being repaired.

I just wonder how much longer.

SBR Lou

One of the forum's servers had to have a file created to properly index posts, explaining why you were seeing about a 1 in 4 fail rate. This is fixed now.

Inkwell77
    Inkwell77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2413

Is one going to be able to go back and look at their posts from the previous year. Right now I can only go back to March of this year (a few hundred posts or so). I know the posts are still on the site because one can look up specific threads from way back but I'm not sure if they are still logged into the "my posts" section?

Inkwell77
    Inkwell77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2413

oh wait, it says the 1,000 most recent posts are logged here. Is there anyway to look at older posts?

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year

Quote Originally Posted by Inkwell77 View Post
    oh wait, it says the 1,000 most recent posts are logged here. Is there anyway to look at older posts?
    Google

tb1984
    tb1984's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1083

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Dozer View Post

The databse stuff needs to be fixed right away and we are working on that. We can't be off 1/4 of the time because of one of the dbs. We'll get it.
    Just like looker said, it's used to be like this before the major forum upgrade. After the major upgrade(several months ago), the order of "My Posts" is your latest posts and not everyone else's posts. Like, when I post in a thread, this thread will be at the top of "My Posts". But, let's say a week later, someone posts in that thread, it will not be bumped to the top of "My Posts".
    Last edited by tb1984; 08-02-12 at 11:24 AM.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

One of the forum's servers had to have a file created to properly index posts, explaining why you were seeing about a 1 in 4 fail rate. This is fixed now.
    So things are suppose to be in order now of last activity? If so, when? Mine is still fuked.