High3rEl3m3nt
    SBR's 7 figure Contractor
    High3rEl3m3nt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4134

Can the Jazz hold the 8th spot and make the playoffs?

In the thick of Jazz country and have always hated this team, from their Sloan, Stockton, and Malone days...they were boring and predictable, something that I couldn't tolerate at the time, but something that I have grown to appreciate more recently. Now, it's hard to dislike this team since they said good riddance to D-Will. They are a throwback to the physical and hustle-style play of an era of the NBA that is largely long gone. No, they don't have the superstars that other teams do, but they make it up by crashing boards, blocking shots, and being aggressive on offense.

I hope this team makes the playoffs...what do you guys think? Can they do it? They might batter a team in the first round and make it tough on them in the second...

bobbenson2020
    bobbenson2020's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'd like to see the Jazz make the playoffs. I'm not a fan but Harris is playing incredible as of late!

bobbenson2020
    bobbenson2020's Avatar Become A Pro!

They also have 3 home games remaining with a slight lead.

Demonata
    Demonata's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5361

I live in utah and love the jazz. I hope they make the playoffs. They hustle so much and harris playing like an all star as of late.

BernardMadoff
    Sam Hurd +3000
    BernardMadoff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 280

Quote Originally Posted by High3rEl3m3nt View Post
    In the thick of Jazz country and have always hated this team, from their Sloan, Stockton, and Malone days...they were boring and predictable, something that I couldn't tolerate at the time, but something that I have grown to appreciate more recently. Now, it's hard to dislike this team since they said good riddance to D-Will. They are a throwback to the physical and hustle-style play of an era of the NBA that is largely long gone. No, they don't have the superstars that other teams do, but they make it up by crashing boards, blocking shots, and being aggressive on offense.

I hope this team makes the playoffs...what do you guys think? Can they do it? They might batter a team in the first round and make it tough on them in the second...
    You sound like me, couldnt stand this team back in the day, but yes now what they did and used to do is more appreciative, especially since just about every team employs their style at some point and that is the pick and roll, they used it alot because they know its pretty much unstoppable, especially with the likes of Malone and Stockton.

High3rEl3m3nt

Demonata,

Where in Utah do you live? I'm in Sandy.

Top to bottom, this is a hard working team that goes on all cylinders--not just a few guys giving it their all. Heyward is impressive and he shows how being bred in a winning culture changes the outlook and play style of a player, that will carry him through his career. I have also been very impressed with Carroll, besides the more popular group of guys. Wouldn't be right to not mention Corbin too, guy is the kind of coach that I can rally behind and his guy definitely respect him, which is telling as he took over for one of the NBA's all-time greats in Sloan.

If the season were to end today, the Lakers and the Jazz would play and it will be good for a national audience to see this team in action. Lakers should take it, but the combination of Mike Brown and the near mutiny that I sense is occurring behind the scenes, might lead to this series going further than it should. Heyward guarding Kobe would be great to watch and he's already given some of the league's best stars problems.

Cheers! Can't wait for the West to further Expose the East in the Championship series. Hoping the Heat get past the Bulls and then are beaten down in the Finals.

marcoloco
    marcoloco's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9120

They are a good home team, i think Jazz will make the playoffs this year

Demonata

Carrol is so much better than CJ.

BernardMadoff
    Sam Hurd +3000
    BernardMadoff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 280

Quote Originally Posted by Demonata View Post
    Carrol is so much better than CJ.
    Because he has Blazer blood in him.

kato
    kato's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by High3rEl3m3nt View Post
    Demonata,

Where in Utah do you live? I'm in Sandy.

Top to bottom, this is a hard working team that goes on all cylinders--not just a few guys giving it their all. Heyward is impressive and he shows how being bred in a winning culture changes the outlook and play style of a player, that will carry him through his career. I have also been very impressed with Carroll, besides the more popular group of guys. Wouldn't be right to not mention Corbin too, guy is the kind of coach that I can rally behind and his guy definitely respect him, which is telling as he took over for one of the NBA's all-time greats in Sloan.

If the season were to end today, the Lakers and the Jazz would play and it will be good for a national audience to see this team in action. Lakers should take it, but the combination of Mike Brown and the near mutiny that I sense is occurring behind the scenes, might lead to this series going further than it should. Heyward guarding Kobe would be great to watch and he's already given some of the league's best stars problems.

Cheers! Can't wait for the West to further Expose the East in the Championship series. Hoping the Heat get past the Bulls and then are beaten down in the Finals.
    white city?

Demonata

I call jazz win there next 3 home games. Playing so confident. Might be a good idea to ride them.

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

harris is the only good one really.

Demonata

Harris the only good one? Millsap is pretty good too. Also Big Al. That's why they are one of the best big guy duos in the league.Also Hayward been on fire.

dilojanj
    CSK !!!!
    dilojanj's Avatar Become A Pro!

to me UTAH is one of the hard working team. So i want them to go to the playoffs ! teams like houston dont deserve it at all !!

High3rEl3m3nt

Tonight's game is huge...can the Suns hang on and win? Flipping back and forth between Blues Sharks and this game.

High3rEl3m3nt

Dear Utah Jazz,

Please win tonight so I can have someone to root for in the playoffs.

Dear Harris,

Stop missing 1 out of every 2 freethrows late in the 4th quarter...stay solid!

Let's go Jazz...let's go Jazz
    Last edited by SBRAdmin3; 06-13-14 at 12:37 PM. Reason: Link Not Working - Removed-)

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

game the other night vs. magic was awesome, i'm rooting for the jazz. always liked harris as net and badger. heyward is really turning into solid player, really can play, important moments he can make a big play.

Speedy88
    Speedy88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1636

The NBA wants Steve Nash and the PHX Suns in the playoffs. I'm surprised they don't have Joey Crawford or Dick Bavetta on this game.

High3rEl3m3nt

That game against Orlando is tough to use as a measuring stick. Hard to know whether the Jazz were taking the team for granted because there was no Howard and whether they knew that Pheonix has lost earlier, or whether the Magic just matched well. When their shooters are on, they are impressive.

Nash and his wily ways could really take advantage of the Jazz's agressive D. It's going to be a great game...just hope the Jazz can nudge out a W. If the Jazz enter the 4th, or are midway through the 4th, it will be interesting to see if this team can put away a competitive team. Regardless of who makes the playoffs. Gentry and Corbin have done impressive work with their teams.