Betpoints: 50

Torres suspension

25 games

Deuce
    Eddie Mush
    Deuce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3519

Outrageous

25 games? Really? I hate the clown and it was dirty but really?
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: iceminers26

Stocks
    Stocks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2984

What a load of shit. The hit wasn`t even that bad.

a4u2fear
    TEASE IT
    a4u2fear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 35459

It's because he's a repeat offender and most of his hits are dirty. We all know the NHL is a joke when it comes to suspensions - injury of player determines severity, not intention

Deuce
    Eddie Mush

Quote Originally Posted by a4u2fear View Post
    It's because he's a repeat offender and most of his hits are dirty. We all know the NHL is a joke when it comes to suspensions - injury of player determines severity, not intention
    Hossa walked out of the hospital on his own. Listen, I hate to see head shots but to set this whole suspension debacle off is what happened to Henrik Zetterberg in game 1. Giving Weber a fine he caught tremendous heat and now he thinks he has to prove a point. Stupid.

muldoon
    muldoon's Avatar Become A Pro!

Torres has served one game. Phx has the max potential of 24 more playoff games.

League wanted him suspended for the rest of the playoffs - had to attach a number. That's why Shannahan tagged him with 25.

Deuce
    Eddie Mush

Quote Originally Posted by muldoon View Post
    Torres has served one game. Phx has the max potential of 24 more playoff games.

League wanted him suspended for the rest of the playoffs - had to attach a number. That's why Shannahan tagged him with 25.
    Like the observation.

memo99
    memo99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 113

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Outrageous

25 games? Really? I hate the clown and it was dirty but really?
    My thoughts exactly, do they think that this will stop everyone from making this sort of hit ever again? Unless you take hitting out of hockey, you are gonna get these sort of hits all the time, its not on purpose (most of them) its a 1-2 second reaction because it happens so fast

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8480

and Duncan Keith only gets 5 games for the cowardly elbow on Daniel Sedin? WTF??? How stupid is all this? What do they do, throw a dart at a board?

I am not necessarily saying 25 games is wrong but then Keith should have got at least 20 or 25 also because the severity of the hits were similar

turtlejc
    turtlejc's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

please guys, he took out hossa and obviously the hawks are hurting from that...25 games is a hefty charge but im sure he got the whole "if i ever see you again in here youre gone for good" talk from scarlip

DwightShrute

opie1988
    I have a MAJOR fukkin clue..
    opie1988's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

I agree that's ridiculous, but the NHL is taking their cue from the NFL on hits to the head.

It's all about protecting the league from future litigation.

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

DwightShrute

we will see if the next suspension for an hit or elbow as severe as Torres' was , will be 25 games or so. If so, then maybe the NHL is setting a standard which is good but if its 5 games again then they are real idiots.

Now Shanahan has to maintain this standard so player's think twice before potential ending another player's career.

Miser
    Miser's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 17

Dirty hit, repeat offender, book thrown at him. Good job Shany

Mike Huntertz
    Mike Huntertz's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 22592

I agree with most of what you all say.
    This is what bugs me.

The refs on ice give him ZERO minutes and the league hands him 1500+minutes???
    Shanahan is now judge, jury and executioner for the league.

Are the Zebras so blind and stupid that they couldn't manage 2 minutes????
    Or is the stupitity from Shanahan??
    You have to pick.....someone is WAY offside on this one.

DwightShrute

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Huntertz View Post
    I agree with most of what you all say.
    This is what bugs me.

The refs on ice give him ZERO minutes and the league hands him 1500+minutes???
    Shanahan is now judge, jury and executioner for the league.

Are the Zebras so blind and stupid that they couldn't manage 2 minutes????
    Or is the stupitity from Shanahan??
    You have to pick.....someone is WAY offside on this one.
    Ya that's hard to believe but to be fair, it happened pretty fast and it was away from the puck. They aren't allowed to look at the replay after the fact and then assess a penalty. If they were allowed to, I have no doubt that it would be 5 and a game misconduct.

Rich Boy
    Rich Boy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1106

Suspensions are given out based on everything EXCEPT the actual hit, its quite amusing. They look at soo many things like who the hitter was, who the reciever was, how long did the player milk it on the ice, whats the history of the hitter, what prompted the hit. They should just look at the hit as player A and player B, nothing more.

Scrub hits star and everyone wants 10+ games even if the hit was clean. If the guy milks it on the ice and leaves on a stretcher that's worth 5 games because it looks bad.

Star hits scrub max 3 game suspension even if the guy breaks his neck (See Chara/Pacioretty). If that was some scrub hitting Sedin or Crosby and breaking his neck, guy would have the longest suspension in NHL history.

Brendan Shanahan has no clue what he is doing

Devin22
    Devin22's Avatar Become A Pro!

Torres hit was high around the head. Launched into him. Cheap shot. Repeat offender. Hossa was knocked into next week. F'ked up. Carried out on stretcher. Concussion head injuries are the hot topic all around sports. Fans want blood. Torres was not going to get a slap on the wrist. Get over it and move on.

hockey216
    hockey216's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

Definitely dirty hit. And Torress definitely deserved longer suspension because hes a dirty player and a repeat offender. But i think 10-15 games would have been enough. lol. 25 games is a lot. I dont really care how the nhl handles suspensions. I just want consistency. What concerns me is i feel that they are very inconsistent in their suspensions. They can go as hard or lenient as they want... but make it even and consistent for every player.

icecapper
    icecapper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 394

Met all the criteria and was a repeat offender. I could see the Yotes buying out his contract next season, could end his career.

PuckIt
    See Premonition Below
    PuckIt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

I really hate the fact that Shanahan has this "principal" feel to him now...Like the NHL is full of school-kids and if you are bad you go to the principals office.

cankid
    cankid's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10352

he broke 3 rules and left his feet with a shoulder to the head, reckless...I disagree with some calls to suspension but there s often arguments on both sides

FlaxMartin
    FlaxMartin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5146

Wish torres would get a hit like that himself, then he would stop throwing these dirty hits. Shameful player.

neel
    neel's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 203

It's about time this punk was dealt with properly. All he does is charge and hit guys who are vulnerable... and late and high. That doesn't make you a tough guy. It makes you a coward.
    Matt Cooke finally got it and changed is game.
    The guys here complaining about consistency... Torres gets more simply because of his history as a multiple-repeat offender. How is that not just? When you have a marquee player in a major US market leaving the game on a stretcher, don't think that's not a factor as well.

rickbo528
    rickbo528's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1931

Quote Originally Posted by icecapper View Post
    Met all the criteria and was a repeat offender. I could see the Yotes buying out his contract next season, could end his career.
    I hope it ends the career of a complete goon who only knows how to blindside people. All he knows how to do is sneak up and blindside unsuspecting players with the intent to injure. No way in hell he is not trying to injure people. I hope to see him carried of on a stretcher some day. Has that POS ever hit someone facing him?? I doubt it.

paranoyd androyd
    paranoyd androyd's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 134523

horrible suspension should've been 5 games max

Mike Huntertz
    Mike Huntertz's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 22592

For those that didn't see the Torres on Hossa and Webber hit on Zetterberg.....google them and then answer this.

Lets do this in dollars.

You are Shanahan and you basically fine Weber $2500 and Torres $500,000
    The half million is about how much Torres will lose for 25 games.
    Was there a 200X difference here? Weber also received his second fine this season(so also a repeat offender)
    Torres is a thug, Weber is the best D-Man in the league. IMHO (Chara?)

Fair????