PuckOff
    PuckOff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4352

Hey Dwight Shrute

Will Luongo somehow be moved in the off-season? I'd like to hear your thoughts on this.

bigsmitty
    bigsmitty's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 370

Although I'm not necessarily a fan I do live in BC so get lots of the local media/sentiment. I think as a team by going with SCH and him playing so well you have to move him. He has a no-trade clause but if you really wanted to play hardball you'd sign SCH before July 1 as your starting tender and make it known to LOU that he's backing him. LOU will freak out, choose among many teams that will want him and the team can structure some sort of trade that will actually not be that bad for them. The team would be taking a gamble on a relatively unproven goalie in SCH but considering he's come off the bench and played very well, along with the huge-anti LOU sentiment in your market it's a move you almost have to make. Google Vancouver Sun Luongo for a great article if you haven't already seen it. Cheers

bigsmitty
    bigsmitty's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 370

And I just put my minor opinion in for fun, Dwight and DG would be the first two foremost VAN experts for sure.

PuckOff

I wouldn't give up top prospects for Luongo that's for sure. Taking his salary is doing the Nucks a favour if you ask me and that should be enough to get a deal done. His NTC or NMC kicks in in a few year time so it is possible that some team will take him. I think Luongo is overrated. He blew it on Team Canada in the World Jr's and almost blew it on Canada in the Olympics. I lost a lot of respect for him when he kind of called out Thomas last year that's for sure.

icecapper
    icecapper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 394

There is only a few teams in the league that could take on his salary. If the Canucks eat some $$, expect Tampa Bay, Toronto and New Jersey (if Brodeur retires) to go after Lou.

byronbb
    byronbb's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2284

The guys on the radio were talking like he was done in Vancouver. Hopefully he can go to toronto and ride the ship down with Burke.

DennisGreen
    Update your status
    DennisGreen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1527

I don't even care if we only get a couple 3rd rounders back for Luongo. I will be happy just getting rid of his contract, resigning Schneider and adding some more skilled forwards.

dilaudid8
    dilaudid8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 88

what's happening my brother yeah he is done but what team will want him now like 1 of the guy's said VANCOUVER will have to eat some of that money nobody is going to pay that much for him

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8480

Quote Originally Posted by PuckOff View Post
    Will Luongo somehow be moved in the off-season? I'd like to hear your thoughts on this.
    bigsmitty and DennisGreen say it all. Somehow he ends up in Tampa Bay is my guess. He spent sometime on the Panthers and Tampa could use a top goalie. His contract is huge.

what do you think? What are you hearing?
    Last edited by DwightShrute; 04-20-12 at 07:45 PM.

mrmarket
    Update your status
    mrmarket's Avatar Become A Pro!

I don't think he'll go anywhere and succeed his starting to schneider fully next season. Whether he can stomach that or choose to waive NTC is another matter. I don't think any team will trade for him if he renegs but toronto is probably stupid enough to pick him up at an overinflated price.

PuckOff

Quote Originally Posted by DwightShrute View Post
    bigsmitty and DennisGreen say it all. Somehow he ends up in Tampa Bay is my guess. He spent sometime on the Panthers and Tampa could use a top goalie. His contract is huge.

what do you think? What are you hearing?
    First off, NICE CANS!!!

I am hearing the same as others that the team will sit down with him and lay it all out.....as in ask him to consider waiving his NTC/NMC. It will be tough to move, but I'm sure some teams will try to get him. His contract is atrocious, but there are teams who may take his contract on.

PuckOff

Quote Originally Posted by icecapper View Post
    There is only a few teams in the league that could take on his salary. If the Canucks eat some $$, expect Tampa Bay, Toronto and New Jersey (if Brodeur retires) to go after Lou.
    NJ can't afford another wacky contract. They are already handcuffed by Kovalchuk's contract and they need to find a way to resign Parise.

betplom
    maniac
    betplom's Avatar Become A Pro!

No way Burke will take on his contract. Luongo will not be a Leaf.

Canuck fans really over rated their team and goalie these last few years.

Canucks streak of zero Stanley cups is safe for the foreseeable future.

PuckOff

How ya doing Plommer?

betplom
    maniac
    betplom's Avatar Become A Pro!

How ya doing Plommer?
    doing ok pucky !

Plommer loves it when the Canucks lose.

DwightShrute

Quote Originally Posted by betplom View Post

Canuck fans really over rated their team and goalie these last few years.

Canucks streak of zero Stanley cups is safe for the foreseeable future.
    these Leaves fans are always good for a laugh. Their team hasn't even has a sniff of the cup for decades let alone even made the playoffs and they have the nerve to talk. Never mind they have the dumbest team name in all of sports LEAFS LOL but they haven't won the cup since it was a 6 team league.

eh!

DennisGreen
    Update your status
    DennisGreen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1527

Quote Originally Posted by betplom View Post
    Never say never Burkie loves his former players and overrates them. He might make a desperate move this summer.

BigSpoon
    Henlo
    BigSpoon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 65573

That Luongo contract is scary, please don't do it Burkie.

Plus Luongo has a no-trade clause, I doubt he would waive it to go to Toronto anyways.

PuckOff

Toronto media would send Roberto right over the edge.

DwightShrute

Toronto media would send Roberto right over the edge.
    if the Leaves had Luongo this last season, they would have made the playoffs.

For those Leaf fans that don't exactly know what that is ... after you play your 82 game schedule, some teams actually keep playing. 16 of them actually. Until only 2 are left. They play for a thing called a Stanley Cup.

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

Are you guys talking about dwights homosexuality in this thread?? If so, i want to join.

DwightShrute

phillybadboy
    phillybadboy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3864

dwight shrute

DwightShrute

Quote Originally Posted by phillybadboy View Post
    dwight shrute
    When my mother was pregnant with me, they did an ultrasound and found she was having twins. When they did another ultrasound a few weeks later, they discovered that I had adsorbed the other fetus. Do I regret this? No, I believe his tissue has made me stronger. I now have the strength of a grown man and a little baby.