PickWinnerAllDay
    I'd never gamble again for Taylor Swift
    PickWinnerAllDay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

What does $19,000,000 buy you???

A .500 OPS, 12 strikeouts in 12 games, and 11 singles, not one extra base hit.

If Alfonso Soriano had ONCE ounce of pride he would retire from the game and donate every single penny he has earned in a Cubs' uniform to charity. What a piece of garbage. Congrats, Soriano. You will go down as the worst contract in major league history.

High3rEl3m3nt
    SBR's 7 figure Contractor
    High3rEl3m3nt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4134

I've always felt bad for the cubs...they're stuck between a rock and hard place. They know that the fans won't tolerate a true rebuilding era and so they try to pretend like their competitive and only delay the inevitable. I know my statement is a little different than what you mentioning, but it's along the same lines. Cubs need a do-over.

PickWinnerAllDay

Quote Originally Posted by High3rEl3m3nt View Post
    I've always felt bad for the cubs...they're stuck between a rock and hard place. They know that the fans won't tolerate a true rebuilding era and so they try to pretend like their competitive and only delay the inevitable. I know my statement is a little different than what you mentioning, but it's along the same lines. Cubs need a do-over.
    Soriano should be embarrassed to show his face. Theo pretty much went to 29 other teams and gave them a blank check and said 'PLEASE TAKE THIS PIECE OF SHIT OFF OUR ROSTER' and everyone still politely declined on Soriano.

How pathetic it is to be the least efficient baseball player in the history of the game.

He has always been a liability on defense but now he is a liability on the base paths when he does manage his single every 4-5 at bats and a huge liability at the plate because he can't hit the ball further than 150 feet.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21653

Quote Originally Posted by PickWinnerAllDay View Post
    A .500 OPS, 12 strikeouts in 12 games, and 11 singles, not one extra base hit.

If Alfonso Soriano had ONCE ounce of pride he would retire from the game and donate every single penny he has earned in a Cubs' uniform to charity. What a piece of garbage. Congrats, Soriano. You will go down as the worst contract in major league history.
    Can Soto and Byrd join him?

PickWinnerAllDay

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    Can Soto and Byrd join him?
    LOL Soto, what a waste of talent.

Byrd has been garbage ever since he got plunked in the eye. He needs to be released, he looks scared at the plate and has no chance of hitting the ball on the outside part of the plate with the way he is bailing.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Soriano should be embarrassed to show his face. Theo pretty much went to 29 other teams and gave them a blank check and said 'PLEASE TAKE THIS PIECE OF SHIT OFF OUR ROSTER' and everyone still politely declined on Soriano.

How pathetic it is to be the least efficient baseball player in the history of the game.

He has always been a liability on defense but now he is a liability on the base paths when he does manage his single every 4-5 at bats and a huge liability at the plate because he can't hit the ball further than 150 feet.
    Well I'm not sure there. It's odd because he was smashing HR's in ST, led the cactus league. I realize it's only ST, but still, it's obviously there. I suspect if gets t keep playing he will get his HR's. He tends to run extremely hot and cold on that. At some point he'll hit like 6 HR's in 5 games. But then he won't hit one for another 15 games. That's how he runs.

PickWinnerAllDay

With the first pick in the 2013 MLB draft, the Chicago Cubs select...

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Cubs need to bench Soriano, Soto and Byrd. Call up Jackson for CF, let Clevenger play C and move LaHair to LF with Rizzo at 1B. That team could be interesting. Might as well let Vitters take 3B too while they're at it.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: coanwe

PickWinnerAllDay

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    Well I'm not sure there. It's odd because he was smashing HR's in ST, led the cactus league. I realize it's only ST, but still, it's obviously there. I suspect if gets t keep playing he will get his HR's. He tends to run extremely hot and cold on that. At some point he'll hit like 6 HR's in 5 games. But then he won't hit one for another 15 games. That's how he runs.
    I'm not so sure. In spring training, pitchers don't care if they groove a fastball down the middle. No one is going to throw Soriano strikes or fastballs when he swings at 75% of the curveballs in the dirt offered to him. And even if you do walk Soriano, which still isnt' very likely, he will clog the bases because he runs like a catcher. There is no reason to throw him strikes, ever.

And if you take away his hot 2-3 weeks the last few years, his numbers are downright back up catcher like. I say he finally misses those this year and ends up cut.

crustyme
    dont i look killer?
    crustyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

all-in cubs under 8

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Pound for pound and all things considered, the worst professional athlete on the planet.

BathingApe
    BathingApe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 662

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    Pound for pound and all things considered, the worst professional athlete on the planet.
    I think you're forgetting about Luke Walton.

PickWinnerAllDay

I just can't imagine being Soriano and being booed every time you step on the field for 4 years straight because you are terrible at what you do but get paid like you are the best at what yo do.

Just can't imagine it. I'm sure he leads a good life off the field, but he has to have literally no pride left in his body to not have slit his throat by now. He deserves to be spit on around Chicago the way he pockets every pay check and still loafs to the fly balls in left and loafs to first base on balls hit in the gap.

lunchbawks
    NB#
    lunchbawks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 173

19 gets you soriano
    14 gets you ryan dempster
    7 gets you marmol

All 3 have been absolutely horrendous, have fun Theo

they could have bought the Oakland A's roster for that kind of money

PickWinnerAllDay

Quote Originally Posted by lunchbawks View Post
    19 gets you soriano
    14 gets you ryan dempster
    7 gets you marmol

All 3 have been absolutely horrendous, have fun Theo

they could have bought the Oakland A's roster for that kind of money
    Dempster hasn't been horrible.

1.33 ERA this year and his ERA last year when you get rid of April's bad start was like mid 3's. Not bad at Wrigley.

Brock Landers
    Forever in Debt to your Priceless Advice
    Brock Landers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8792

Adam dunn makes a boatload to strikeout 200 times a year

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

these losers need to get better and undetectable peds. if you make that much, you gotta be ahead of the game.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Quote Originally Posted by BathingApe View Post
    Does Luke Walton make $19 million per?

Soriano is a cancer.

Jeffie
    Jeffie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1163

Quote Originally Posted by BathingApe View Post
    Hey Hey atleast he plays hard and has rings that Kobe got for him.

PuckIt
    See Premonition Below
    PuckIt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

7 of these!

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

I thought this thread was about opies jet

No idea how much his jet really costs

PickWinnerAllDay

My worst moment as a Cubs fan involves Soriano.

Game 2 against the Dodgers, down 9-2 or whatever the hell it was, it was bleak and cold and I was in left field listening to the fans boo Soriano and I just left. 6th inning I think I checked out... how sad it was to check out of a playoff game early and ride the L back to the hotel in complete silence with the hundreds of other fans who did the same thing.

crackerjack
    crackerjack's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4099

You will go down as the worst contract in major league history.
    You're forgetting about Mike Hampton

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

Quote Originally Posted by crackerjack View Post
    You're forgetting about Mike Hampton
    mike hampton hit 7 homers in a year

carl pavano barely appeared in 7 games for the yankees

crackerjack
    crackerjack's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4099

Quote Originally Posted by InTheDrink View Post
    mike hampton hit 7 homers in a year

carl pavano barely appeared in 7 games for the yankees
    He also gave up seven homers every time he took the mound

NYSportsGuy210
    NYSportsGuy210's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 131

I'd trade Jason Bay for Soriano and $4 million in cash right now.

PickWinnerAllDay

Quote Originally Posted by NYSportsGuy210 View Post
    I'd trade Jason Bay for Soriano and $4 million in cash right now.
    I'd have to look at the deals. If Bay's goes past 2014 then forget it.

Soriano for Zito almost happened with some other things thrown in but even the Giants realized that'd be dumb.

cubswin
    cubswin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 777

This is by far the worst Cub team I have ever seen , you would think for 19 million the guy would run to first instead of jogging. The hitters would rather strikeout then walk , just a bunch of pathetic millionairs that want to get the game over as soon as they can an coul care less about winning

BigPage25
    BigPage25's Avatar Become A Pro!

Soriano used to be a great hitter

ChalkyDog
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.
    ChalkyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

If any cubs fan expected a .500 or better team this season, they are absolutely clueless. Theo is demolishing this team as best he can. I expect damn near a 100 loss season for at least this year, and maybe next year. Right now, we want to be the worst, get vested in the latin countries and stock pile Sano like talent.

And for the record, Walton is about as intelligent a ball players as it gets. The dude is a huge asset in game prep and practice. Phil and Kobe absolutely loved the guy.

Soriano on the other hand is hot garbage, and is better off collecting the money on the sidelines, bring up some AAA kid that is more deserving of the time - his numbers couldn't be worse. Not a single cub fan likes soriano, his jersey can't sell. There really is no point anymore.

Justin_sane
    not insane
    Justin_sane's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3069

Reminds me of Richie Sexson with the Mariners a few years back making 15 mil. striking out every at bat. The M's finally had enough and cut his ass

eidolon
    USA
    eidolon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15766

I remember the Giants were trying to sign Soriano instead of Zito back in the day. Looks like both choices were horrible

milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

cubs fans keep embarassing themselves
    yes soriano is terrible, but like milton bradley, when you boo your own players it doesn't help

strange that guys don't play hard when the fans hate them

next time you're at a restaurant tell the chef how much he sucks and then see what kind of food you get
    Points Awarded:

icancount2one gave milwaukee mike 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

PickWinnerAllDay

Quote Originally Posted by milwaukee mike View Post
    cubs fans keep embarassing themselves
    yes soriano is terrible, but like milton bradley, when you boo your own players it doesn't help

strange that guys don't play hard when the fans hate them

next time you're at a restaurant tell the chef how much he sucks and then see what kind of food you get
    Mike, don't be embarrassing the name Michael, pal. Soriano deserves every boo he gets. Soriano's struggles aren't just physical, he loafs and doesn't give 100% and loses focus. LMAO that a Milwaukee fan is trying to be all high and mighty. When the Brewers aren't winning, 75% of Miller Park is Cubs fans when we play... buncha fair weather bitches.

milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

pick winner you might not be old enough to remember, but in the early 80s even opening day at wrigley routinely only had 10,000 fans.
    so cubs fans are just as fair weather.

keep in mind chicago's metropolitan area has 10 million people compared to 1 million for milwaukee.

so with 10 times as many people to draw from it's not surprising that a lot of them would travel 90 minutes to go to a nice stadium rather than that old piece of shit wrigley.

12 Last